Ovation of the Seas

Embl

Theres nothing new . Bad reviews have been around as long as I can remember. Heres a blast from the past.

Do you remember "Whickers World?" One of the first of the reality doco programmes. I was very young at the time ..(of course) ..but I well remember him on board a cruise ship in the Caribbean. On disembarking he interviewed passengers..

For one the cruise was the best thing that had ever happened , and for another , the best thing about the cruise was getting off the ship.

We all see things through different eyes.

You will not be "standing in line" (as cruisers know it) to check in on the Ovation. You will, pretty much, check yourself in on line at home before your cruise and then when you arrive at the OPT your documentation will be scanned by "check in agents" walking around the terminal with I Pads and providing your scan is "green" you can then board the ship. You will of course still have to go through customs and security but you will not be given your sea pass until your on the ship and it will not be your conventional type sea pass card as we know it. I believe check in times will be allocated (or nominated by guests) so as not to have all pax arriving at the same time.

There will of course be some conventional check in desks for passengers unable to complete their "home on line" check in but from what I am told it is an easy and smooth process. Some of the finer details are still to be finalized but its should be a pretty hassle free process.

The Ovation is a "next generation" cruise ship which, while still providing the traditional cruise experience, is run by cutting edge technology.

Thanks for the information, I have my checkin complete and my set sail pass ready to go.:D

We have been told the new system will be used but given the "shortcomings" of the OPT it would not suprise me if it does not happen. The problem I see if they cannot use the new system is the number of check in agents required for such a big ship and the total lack of space available in the terminal for them. All will be revealed in the coming weeks.

I look forward to any updates.:D

Don't forget about the hordes of passengers who will show up outside of their allocated time and then complain that there are delays.

You will be OK Mic Just synchronize your watch with me before you leave home :D:D:D

Interesting if you have printed out your set sail etc already...might indicate that they are not using the new system as I believe you need to some how do your own security photo as well as passport and credit card details.

You will be OK Mic Just synchronize your watch with me before you leave home :D:D:D

Interesting if you have printed out your set sail etc already...might indicate that they are not using the new system as I believe you need to some how do your own security photo as well as passport and credit card details.

Yes, I have done those both (photos and CC) as well, also an allotted time to arrive (noon).

Yes, I have done those both (photos and CC) as well, also an allotted time to arrive (noon).

So it would seem if you have done all that incl the security photo that they will be using the new system as I suggested :rolleyes:

Time will tell, perhaps it will be a mixture. Those without photos or a CC will need to check-in as normal.

Yes, obviously there was always going to be some "traditional" check in available for those who cannot/ could not access or use the "new" system.

:D

Thanks does it have to be official or just a decent snap ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No ....would not have to be an " official" photo . I would assume that it would be the same as the security photo we take now at the terminal or as you board the ship....fill the photo with a "front on" face and be able to see the eyes, (glasses are ok as long as you can see the eyes) and no hats......and SMILE. ... and also a recent photo ...ship security need to ID you as you look today ..not a couple of years ago:D

Edited by gbenjo

There are photo requirements/guidelines for the photos in the check in process.:D

I would not stress too much over the photo. If it does not " measure up" ship security will just take another one,as they do now.