Video taping flowrider

FLMT

Thanks mnamom that's exactly the truth. And in response to Thetrail no one claimed it was shown on the in house tv or cruise ship video screens it was however posted on you tube the question was concerning if they the cruise ship has a rite to video and who safeguards them in the event like that happens. Who knows what a worker mite do when they view them and possibly sending them or keeping for their own use. I assure u this is not a joke because it happened to a the. 18 yr old girl and it was a major concern

In your original post you did say 'can RCL video and the play it for the whole cruise to see' that certainly made me think you meant either cabin TV or cruise in review so I can see why TheTrail was also confused. Where else could RCL play it for the whole cruise to see? YouTube is for the general public I guess but not 'for the whole cruise to see' and definitely not posted by RCL. I'm sure it was very embarrassing for the poor young lady and I hope she has been able to move past it. The warning about covering up is there for a reason!

Yes she lost both! Well she was wearing a 2 piece and the top wound up around her neck the bottoms ripped off completely the string on side of bottoms actually broke and her bottoms wound up

Wedged in the center barrier Thingy- she didn't know what to cover her top or bottoms she wound up using her hands for her top they had to shut water off to retrieve her bottoms. A female lifeguard ran over and stood in front of her and used a boogie Board to cover her bottom half but not before everyone saw EVERYTHING. She was embarrassed and all she culd do is cover as best as she culd and laugh till they got to her but she was not laughin that it was all caught on tape both on RCL and months later on Internet. We did not see it on inboard tv thankgod someone on board had a heart.

Sorry but I just don't understand how a normal functioning human could stand in a flow rider line, watch people wiping out and NOT consider that this has a good chance of occurring if THEY were to wear what you described.

I have stood in those lines on many occasions and warned people of the potential of this very thing to happen. Most will go and change but some just laugh. You cant legislate (sadly many still try)for a complete lack of common sense. Sadly many also still try to find someone to blame after the fact.

Edited by woodyren

@woodyren no one was casting blame it was just asking if they hav the right to video it and if the victim had any reassurances that s all that it is deleted or under lock n key so there's no chance it will fall into the wrong hands.

Again it was just a question not casting any blame on RCL and clearly stated it was posted on YouTube and then taken down - sorry for the confusion but seems like people read into threads or the comments that followed and not what was "asked" and not stated

Sorry but I just don't understand how a normal functioning human could stand in a flow rider line, watch people wiping out and NOT consider that this has a good chance of occurring if THEY were to wear what you described.

I have stood in those lines on many occasions and warned people of the potential of this very thing to happen. Most will go and change but some just laugh. You cant legislate (sadly many still try)for a complete lack of common sense. Sadly many also still try to find someone to blame after the fact.

So very true. That being said, how times have you seen someone wait in line for 40 minutes and when it is finally their turn they don't even know where to enter the wave.;)

Again it was just a question not casting any blame on RCL and clearly stated it was posted on YouTube and then taken down - sorry for the confusion but seems like people read into threads or the comments that followed and not what was "asked" and not stated

actually you were placing blame on Royal. you asked if RCI had authority to video tape without your permission and then post it online. but any reasonable semi intelligent human being who took 2 seconds to think about it surely should realize that any You Tube Videos being posted BY THE COMPANY would have been carefully staged /edited.

obviously what happened in her case was a private citizen exercised their right to free speech and posted it. so your only recourse is to go after the account of the person who posted the video and sue them. you will of course, lose, as anything you do in public is fair game.

and now she knows better and has hopefully learn her lesson and will be more carful of how she presents herself in public going forth.

Again no I did not cast blame and as u stated it was a question I asked if they had the right to video (i.e. Question? ) no blame stated or implied. The same casting "judgement "

But actually blaming the girl - ("any semi intelligent human") your words. Is not exactly is what the problem is. Maybe u shuld read it again and also Yur answer. Sheesh.

actually you were placing blame on Royal. you asked if RCI had authority to video tape without your permission and then post it online. but any reasonable semi intelligent human being who took 2 seconds to think about it surely should realize that any You Tube Videos being posted BY THE COMPANY would have been carefully staged /edited.

obviously what happened in her case was a private citizen exercised their right to free speech and posted it. so your only recourse is to go after the account of the person who posted the video and sue them. you will of course, lose, as anything you do in public is fair game.

and now she knows better and has hopefully learn her lesson and will be more carful of how she presents herself in public going forth.

Any reasonably semi-intelligent human being who took 2 seconds to think about it and can actually understand what she reads surely should realize that the OP asked a question and did not blame RCI. :rolleyes:

Edited by Fouremco

Well said. Thank u. I didn't want to stoop to that persons level but that's all it was. A question. I don't know how or why people read into things and then on top of that have to resort to making derogatory assumptions and a frustrated Tone.

lol I mean they can hack into major banks - Secretary of State's Yu think a teenager or college kid videoing is always gonna shut the video or delete the embarrassin ones. How do we know they won't Fwd or copy it to show their friends and maybe that's how it got onto YouTube. It's a stretch but I feel it's something possible

Is RCL allowed to video you on flowrider without permission and then play it for whole cruise to see

you already GAVE total permission, read the cruise agreement, you give royal and its associates full permission to record photograph and use it in any way without any financial remuneration. just assume you're being recorded at all times, which with the advanced security systems on board, you usually are :P

Totally acceptable and informative we actually got that from an earlier response who also was nice enuf to show and example of the fine print agreement which many of us including me at times which is why i asked the "question" initially but thank you for answering anyway it's very appreciated

actually if you read carnivals its "interesting" you are giving them permission to record anything you do BUT in the next section it expressly forbids you to record any of their employees or anything showing any part of the ship. I know its really not enforced but it is in there.