1st to the Red Frog pub??

norwane

Hi -

I have seen on FB about John Heald posting pictures of people using their FTTF and getting to the Red Frog Pub first. Are there any benefits to getting there first? Is there a race to get there first? We do have FTTF, so I was thinking that we need to head there first, but maybe it really isn't that big of a deal? :confused:

We also have side by side balcony cabins and want to be able to have the partition opened between the balconies. I understand we have to go to guest services to make that request? So, where do we go first, guest services to get one big balcony or Red Frog Pub?

Thanks!

As Tracy said, whoever is the first person to show up at the Red Frog Pub gets a free beer. Kind of cool if your one of the first people on board to say you did it, but certainly not worth racing to the port and running up the gangway over a $7 beer lol.

As far as your balcony partition goes, yes you need to go to guest services to request that they open it. Might be able to do it over the phone as well if the line is nuts.

Yea it's a free beer race and your picture on his page. Does not excite me, i can buy a beer ;). I usually show up on the third or fourth day and say , Hay I'm here for my free beer :D. Then I smile and do a selfie holding my beer :p

Hi -

I have seen on FB about John Heald posting pictures of people using their FTTF and getting to the Red Frog Pub first. Are there any benefits to getting there first? Is there a race to get there first? We do have FTTF, so I was thinking that we need to head there first, but maybe it really isn't that big of a deal? :confused:

We also have side by side balcony cabins and want to be able to have the partition opened between the balconies. I understand we have to go to guest services to make that request? So, where do we go first, guest services to get one big balcony or Red Frog Pub?

Thanks!

We have been first in the RFB five out of our last six cruises. We're Platinum so we embark before FTTF. It's fun to us.

First, this is not a FTTF thing. We are platinum and we're walking through deck 5 heading towards the aft to go up to the lido deck for lunch. Once we passed the Red Frod Pub the bartender was at the front on the bar cleaning tables. She asked us (myself and DW). If we would like two free beers. Well, why pass that up? We sat at the bar for about 30 minutes. She explained the promotion and asked to take our photo. "Sure why not." While we were there no other cruisers showed up looking for free beer.

It was fun and we had made a new friend at the bar. We stopped in a couple of times during the cruise to chit chat and have drinks. Good Memory!

Note: we had never heard of this promotion. It was just a fun, and unexpected experience.

Edited by CruiseHealing

Some ships it's really laid back others it's like a scene out of the Hunger Games. I admit we are a little competitive getting there. I haven't beat the bridal party but my wife and I did pass a elderly lady using a walker on the boarding bridge once.

Edited by CRJ700

Hi -

Thanks!

It's only on certain ships, and it's kinda unfair, cause it's usually hogged up by the same people, usually B2Bers, Diamonds, Platinums, or VIPs.

The common folk don't stand a chance.

A far as the partition, unless it's a Spirit class ship, you just ask your steward.

If it is a Spirit class ship, yes, you have to go to guest services, the occupants of BOTH rooms. Go early, cause they only open a certain amount of cabins, and ONLY if the captain allows it for you sailing, and your partition is eligible to be opened. They no longer open aft partitions.

FTTFers don't get a look in because of plats and diamonds.

When I have viewed JH's facebook I have seen some people pop up more than twice. They should let other folk have a go, especially the people that are not as fast or who are having a special cruise.

On our Panama canal cruise a few years back I was joking to the red frog bar staff they should get a free beer as they were actually first in :D. He laughed and said hes seen some people become really rude/or pushy in the elevators to get there....including the cruise we were on.

what about the people doing b2b cruises! they will get there first.:)

That doesn't mean anything. I did a B2B on the Conquest this past July, and by the time we were led back on the ship, they had already started letting the Diamond and Platinums (and possibly FTTF, not sure) onboard. We were not the first ones on the ship. Not even close.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by bakersdozen12