Service fees????

MikeNKim

I thought I asked this before so I am sorry if I did but I can't find it

The Service Fee? This is set correct you can't increase, decrease or take it right off?

Not that I have ever had to never had a bad cruise just curious if this is a option as I have never cruised NCL before.

Thank you

Kim

I took mine off and used cash because in my case with the specialty dinner package I already paid the gratuity in the specialty dinner package and won't double tip. You get a removal form at guest services and have to submit it online or email fax. If they don't remove it then create a credit card dispute and then they respond instantly. I found that the cash worked very well and the service was better.

It is a set amount, $13.50 per person per day unless you are in a suite (it is $2 per person per day more in suites). You can prepay it or have it added to your account daily and pay it at the end of the cruise. This is in lieu of the regular or traditional practice of tipping each person who serves you on the final night by putting cash in envelopes.

You can obtain a form at the service desk to obtain a refund of all or a part of the service charge after your cruise. You scan and email the form and NCL will consider the refund request. Typically refunds take from 4 to 16 weeks if I'm reading the posts here about it correctly.

All other service charges for drinks, etc. will be added to your bill if due, so you don't have to think about what to tip, etc. Some departments are not included in the service charge pool, so spa treatments, children's club counselors, etc. are tipped separately. If you are in a suite you have a butler and concierge and they are also tipped separately.

I thought I asked this before so I am sorry if I did but I can't find it

The Service Fee? This is set correct you can't increase, decrease or take it right off?

Not that I have ever had to never had a bad cruise just curious if this is a option as I have never cruised NCL before.

Thank you

Kim

Looks like no one completely answered your question. Yes, you can increase it. Just go to Guest Services and they'll take care of that. No, you can't decrease it or remove it on board if you booked in the U.S. Others have explained the procedure.