Question about free at sea

Hi all,

I am booking a cruise for myself and a few friends for spring break this upcoming year. I know were all 19 so we can't go on a cruise out of a port in the United States unless there is someone 21 or older in each room so were embarking out of Europe. Now quick question, there will be 4 of us on the cruise. I see when booking through NCL directly one of their new (not sure if new just havent seen it and been on 6 NCL cruises in the past) offer where 3rd and 4th guest are free. Now are they actually free (other than port fees etc.) and do they get their own room? or will they make us upgrade. Because $1850 for 4 people to cruise the Mediterranean (on an inside) seems really cheap. If someone could just help explain this "3rd and 4th cruise free" offer to me that would be great as all of my other cruises have been free with CAS

Also we all wont be 21 but we still will be able to drink beer and alcohol because were going out of Europe correct?

Thanks in advance guys!

We are just off a Med cruise on the Epic and there were signs at the pool bar stating guests had to be 21 to consume alcohol. Guests 18 or over would be served beer or wine with written parental consent. I'm assuming your parent(s) would also have to be on the cruise.

We are just off a Med cruise on the Epic and there were signs at the pool bar stating guests had to be 21 to consume alcohol. Guests 18 or over would be served beer or wine with written parental consent. I'm assuming your parent(s) would also have to be on the cruise.

I see what you're saying but from my understanding if you are embarking and disembarking frmo a country outside of the United States( anywhere in Europe) you can drink beer and wine without consent just wasnt sure if they now allow you to also consume hard alcohol

I see what you're saying but from my understanding if you are embarking and disembarking frmo a country outside of the United States( anywhere in Europe) you can drink beer and wine without consent just wasnt sure if they now allow you to also consume hard alcohol

This is from their T&C's / FAQ's so looks like you might be correct, the sign may just not be removed when the ship comes to Europe?

What is the minimum age for purchase and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages?

Passengers must be 21 years of age or older to purchase or consume alcohol. With the exception of Alaska and Hawaii itineraries, Norwegian permits young adults to purchase and personally consume wine and beer only whilst onboard and with the consent of an accompanying parent. Authorisation will be given only when the accompanying parent completes the Young Adult Alcoholic Beverage Waiver form. This form can be obtained and completed at the Guest Services Desk upon embarkation of the vessel. However, passengers 18 years of age or older are permitted to consume beer and wine when sailing on round-trip European and Australian voyages without having to complete the Young Adult Alcoholic Beverage Waiver form.

https://www.ncl.com/uk/en/faq/liquor-beverage-policy#what-minimum-age-purchase-andor-consumption-alcoholic-beverages

Edited by KonkyWonky
Added link

This is from their T&C's

What is the minimum age for purchase and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages?

Passengers must be 21 years of age or older to purchase or consume alcohol. With the exception of Alaska and Hawaii itineraries, Norwegian permits young adults to purchase and personally consume wine and beer only whilst onboard and with the consent of an accompanying parent. Authorisation will be given only when the accompanying parent completes the Young Adult Alcoholic Beverage Waiver form. This form can be obtained and completed at the Guest Services Desk upon embarkation of the vessel. However, passengers 18 years of age or older are permitted to consume beer and wine when sailing on round-trip European and Australian voyages without having to complete the Young Adult Alcoholic Beverage Waiver form.

https://www.ncl.com/uk/en/faq/liquor-beverage-policy#what-minimum-age-purchase-andor-consumption-alcoholic-beverages

So I can drink beer and wine? Thanks so much

However, passengers 18 years of age or older are permitted to consume beer and wine when sailing on round-trip European and Australian voyages without having to complete the Young Adult Alcoholic Beverage Waiver form.

It is beer and wine only, I believe.

The signage seems a little variable. I have certainly seen signs in Europe stating over 18s can drink, but have also seem some stating 21.

The NCL website does say that over 18s can drink without parental consent on European cruises. I think that it states beer and wine only.

So I can drink beer and wine? Thanks so much

However, passengers 18 years of age or older are permitted to consume beer and wine when sailing on round-trip European and Australian voyages without having to complete the Young Adult Alcoholic Beverage Waiver form.

Long way to come for a beer right enough :D

Hi all,

I am booking a cruise for myself and a few friends for spring break this upcoming year. I know were all 19 so we can't go on a cruise out of a port in the United States unless there is someone 21 or older in each room so were embarking out of Europe. Now quick question, there will be 4 of us on the cruise. I see when booking through NCL directly one of their new (not sure if new just havent seen it and been on 6 NCL cruises in the past) offer where 3rd and 4th guest are free. Now are they actually free (other than port fees etc.) and do they get their own room? or will they make us upgrade. Because $1850 for 4 people to cruise the Mediterranean (on an inside) seems really cheap. If someone could just help explain this "3rd and 4th cruise free" offer to me that would be great as all of my other cruises have been free with CAS

Also we all wont be 21 but we still will be able to drink beer and alcohol because were going out of Europe correct?

Thanks in advance guys!

Your rate is probably correct, because it puts 4 adults into one inside room! so, think two of you would sleep on single beds and 2 would sleep on the bunk beds that pop out of the ceiling. Plus all sharing a very small bathroom. So, yes, for a "cheap cruise" it will be a great deal, not sure if it will be a comfortable cruise though :confused:

Don't forget that the 3rd and 4th passenger will still have to pay the port fees/taxes and daily service charge though.

Edited by sanger727

And you have to add airfare to Europe and the beer and wine tab since your perk is 3rd and 4th free. Would probably be cheaper to go to a Mexican all inclusive.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Agreed. That or Canada. Airfare to Europe is more than the cost of the cruise. Bar tabs won't be cheap, either.

Edited by MikeBTN