On Liberty now.....

womack214

Trust me there were plenty of upset people. We had to call southwest and get later flights. In the end we would all rather the captain do what he thought best to save a life and that is what he did. If the rest of us are needing to make arrangements because of it then oh well. At least we are not in a hospital in another country.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Trust me there were plenty of upset people. We had to call southwest and get later flights. In the end we would all rather the captain do what he thought best to save a life and that is what he did. If the rest of us are needing to make arrangements because of it then oh well. At least we are not in a hospital in another country.

Did Southwest make you pay any additional for the later flights for the same day?

Did Southwest make you pay any additional for the later flights for the same day?

Southwest doesn't "penalize" for changing flights - that's why I always fly Southwest. If the flight you're changing to costs more (which is often the case when it's last minute), you will have to pay the difference. That's it.

Well said! I know how frustrating it can be to change arrangements at the last minute, but I bet there wasn't a person on the ship who wouldn't have wanted the captain to do the same for them if they were the one with a life or death medical condition.

Southwest did not charge me a dime to change my flight. If I had done the change online it was a $600 difference but since I called and explained the situation the lady was very nice and didn't charge any extra. In the end it cost me an extra day for a rental car and some time but if that passenger is alive then I'm willing to do that.

I am likewise impressed by the positive attitude of the passengers.

IMHO, there's a lot of compassion on board these ships. AND people also think "if I were in that position"- and it makes one feel relieved that RCI would do a lot to save your life, too.

(probably most lines will do that, too)

Southwest doesn't "penalize" for changing flights - that's why I always fly Southwest. If the flight you're changing to costs more (which is often the case when it's last minute), you will have to pay the difference. That's it.

We were on a cruise after that big hurricane hit New Orleans cruise line ( not rccl) could not tell us if ship would leave from New Orleans or another port, AA charged us 100 to rebook to Florida plus difference in flight, friend of ours was on Southwest she had no extra charge ( but southwest has no 1st class)

We were on a cruise after that big hurricane hit New Orleans cruise line ( not rccl) could not tell us if ship would leave from New Orleans or another port, AA charged us 100 to rebook to Florida plus difference in flight, friend of ours was on Southwest she had no extra charge ( but southwest has no 1st class)

LOL! When I first read that, I thought it said "Southwest has no class". I was almost insulted for a second. 😄

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Forums mobile app