Cancelation Question

RogueMonk

After final payment of the cruise, if I need to cancel for some reason, I understand that I lose the value of my cruise (without insurance). But what about the port charges? Are they refunded in the event of a cancelation? Thanks!

Port Charges are REFUNDED :)

The port charges are part of the total cruise fare and are not refunded. However, the government fees and taxes which are added on top of the cruise fare are refunded if you cancel.

Example: on my upcoming cruise the per pesron rate is $879.00. But that is somewhat misleading as the cruise rate is only $720.00. The port charges are $159. The cruise rate and the port charges total 879.00. There are miscellaneous taxes of $90.76 added to that amount.

If I cancel, the port charges of $159 (also known as non-commissionables) are not refunded, however the $90.76 is refunded in the event of a cancellation or no show.

Maybe this will help: For booked guests: To check and see if your booking has a cancellation penalty, login to your carnival.com profile. Under the 'My Cruise Details' section, click on the 'Is there a penalty for cancelling this booking' link.

You will receive some of your cruise fare back up to 2 weeks before sailing unless you are booked early saver then the refund will be held for a future cruise and given to you in the form of an OBC.

This is not accurate. The Early Saver / Future Cruise Credit for up to 2 years issue applies only ES deposits for a cancellation.

Early Saver cancellation penalties after Final Payment are the same as most any other fare code and depending on the time frame you cancel range from loss of deposit amount, then 50% of the cruise fare, then 75% of the cruise fare and then 100% of the cruise fare.

Government fees and taxes are always 100% refunded. Port Charges (NCFs) are not.

• 2 months later...

So, government taxes and fee's are refunded for cancellations, BUT what about a "no show" --- and Are prepaid gratuities refunded if one person is a "no" show??

Edited by 232271

As I said in the last line of Post #4 the government fees and taxes are refunded in the even of a cancellation or a no show. Prepaid optional items like gratuities are also refunded. Pre-ordered water is non refundable.

After final payment of the cruise, if I need to cancel for some reason, I understand that I lose the value of my cruise (without insurance). But what about the port charges? Are they refunded in the event of a cancelation? Thanks!

Yes they will be refunded.