Oosterdam deck 8 Signature Suite

Cruiser Andi

For those who have stayed in the Signature Suites on deck 8, what is the noise from the lido area? Specifically, more forward like 8039 or midship. DH does not like to stay aft.

We will be going to Alaska in 2017 and I'm weighing the benefit of the Signature suite compared to VE verandah forward on deck 7. The VE is $1829 PP and the Signature suite is $2299. So, it's considerably more. However, with the explore 4 the suite comes with prepaid gratuities, $200 shipboard credit, and $200 internet credit.

I have searched for this topic and nothing came up so any information or guidance would be great.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the Noordam (I believe they are sister ships) for 24 nights in 8054, (it was an upgrade and I didn't check the location, just took it) under the Lido Bar, there was definitely chair scraping now and again, mostly in the morning (breakfast and a bit in the afternoon) I am one to get very irritated with noise but this was barely enough to mention. I would not hesitate to book this suite again. The room is amazing the balcony is large and has two chairs/ottomans, dining table and chairs, large bathroom and tons of storage. Not sure how I will go back to a regular stateroom...:)

DEFINITELY SS! The verandah cabins on those ships are small and the SS's are such a huge difference...you'll never want to go back. IMO they are perfect cabins...the bathrooms with two sinks, shower, and tub are wonderful. Enjoy it!

DEFINITELY SS! The verandah cabins on those ships are small and the SS's are such a huge difference...you'll never want to go back. IMO they are perfect cabins...the bathrooms with two sinks, shower, and tub are wonderful. Enjoy it!

For those who have stayed in the Signature Suites on deck 8, what is the noise from the lido area? Specifically, more forward like 8039 or midship. DH does not like to stay aft.

We will be going to Alaska in 2017 and I'm weighing the benefit of the Signature suite compared to VE verandah forward on deck 7. The VE is $1829 PP and the Signature suite is $2299. So, it's considerably more. However, with the explore 4 the suite comes with prepaid gratuities, $200 shipboard credit, and $200 internet credit.

I have searched for this topic and nothing came up so any information or guidance would be great.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Andi, I will be on the Oosterdam Navigation Deck 8 in December, I will write a review and let you know how EVERYTHING was in that suite. We have a hump balcony, this will be my first. Looking forward to it.

Andi, I will be on the Oosterdam Navigation Deck 8 in December, I will write a review and let you know how EVERYTHING was in that suite. We have a hump balcony, this will be my first. Looking forward to it.

Thank you! I'd appreciate it. Thank you all for your responses. I'll go ahead and book the SS. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you! I'd appreciate it. Thank you all for your responses. I'll go ahead and book the SS. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've stayed many times in Signature Suites on Navigation. We actually prefer this Deck as the overhang is deeper and we like being one floor down from Lido. We have never been bothered by noise from above but you can hear a little chair scrapping now and then if in an area not under the carpeted areas of Lido.

You will love this room and the Suite upgrades that has just been done with USB and more 110v outlets is great. We were just in an SS on Oosterdam and each nightstand had a USB over it. Also, very pretty new decor!

Great choice! Enjoy! :)

We have been in the hump SS on Osterdam. Wonderful cabin with the exception of a lot of noise early morning (0530) with set up for breakfast. Sounded like carts rolling and the like. Did not notice any other noise thru the day.

Gary