Locking Refrigerators

Disnyfan2

Yes. They usually lock the refrigerator door on the last night of cabin service. As FriendsofWalt suggests, tell your cabin steward about your need for refrigeration over the last night. I am sure s/he will be able to accommodate your situation.

Seems weird but good to know. R they trying not to clean it on debarkation day.

I have always assumed they clean it, restock it, and lock it to begin the new inventory for the new cruisers for the next day. As we all want to get in our cabins asap, I assume doing this the night before is a time saver (and prevents disputes over contents and billing between disembarking and embarking guests). Have a great cruise!

Seems weird but good to know. R they trying not to clean it on debarkation day.

It is more of an accounting issue. If they thought they could sell more in room bottles of booze on last night, and easily account and properly charge for them, they would never lock the door!

on the Canada review, the op stated that they locked the rooms frig on the last day. Has anyone else had this experience. What if you needed your medication to stay cold, like insulin.:eek:

They have taken our items out of the refrigerator and put on top before they locked it. We have not experienced the refrigerator being locked in the last couple of years.

The minibar is more of a cooler than refrigerator; nothing actually gets cold. If your insulin needs to be kept cold, you might want to talk to guest services, although I recall someone reporting that they were told to store their medicine in the medical office (a hassle). I need to keep orange juice cool for my mom - I also put a 'do not lock' note on the cooler on the last night, and check it before I go to sleep.

I've never seen one that LOCKS! It's a dorm cube...not a safe or anything! I know hotels have locking fridges, but I've never seen one on a ship!

Then you have never been on a ship or you have never looked.......

Hard to guess which of the above with your posts.

on the Canada review, the op stated that they locked the rooms frig on the last day. Has anyone else had this experience. What if you needed your medication to stay cold, like insulin.:eek:

yes they lock them on the last night, tell your steward.