Amex Offer: Spend $500 on Booking, Get $100 Credit

joepeka

I used the link above and was able to add my delta Amex even though it wasn't listed in my Amex page. I also added my husbands Hilton Amex the same way. I called and bought $500 obc and immediately got the text alert that offer used and got an email. Key is buying obc which can be used onboard for excursions versus buying excursions directly ahead of time

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did go online and checked my account with HAL and I now have $500 OBC for my first day of the cruise. But no extra $100 OBC.

There isn't 100 extra obc - it's a credit on your crust card statement for $100 I use Amex offers all the time - free money!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank You,

You are exactly right. I just called HAL and after checking with two individuals they told me I would need to check with my AMEX card services. I proceeded to called my AMEX customer support. They were very helpful and informed me that my purchase today was linked to the HAL offer and on April 14th I will have a $100 credit issued to my account. It took me a while but I finally had this explained to me. Thanks $100 is a little more for the wife to play on the slots.

• 2 weeks later...

We got the offer a month or so ago on our AMEX card. Our cruise was already booked through a big online travel agency. We weren't sure if we'd get the credit since ours was not a new booking. But, hey, we had to make more payments anyway, so why not give it a shot?

After holding an hour on the phone with the original booking travel agency and not getting through to an agent, I decided to call HAL directly. Told the HAL agent we'd booked the cruise through a travel agency but asked if we could make a direct payment to HAL on the balance of our cruise? The agent said, "Sure!" All she needed was my HAL booking number which the online travel agency had already given to us on our invoice. She took my credit card and applied the $500 to our cruise balance. I made sure to tell her that the payment needed to be made directly to HAL. She replied, "No problem!" (By the way, she had not heard anything about the AMEX offer).

Within an hour, I got an email from AMEX acknowledging the payment in fulfillment of their offer and saying credit would follow. Within 3 days, the $100 credit showed up on our statement.

So go to HAL directly, and you will be sure it shows up with AMEX as a payment to HAL. Hope it works for you!

We recently paid off the balance of our Westerdam Mexico cruise in November & got the $100 credit applied by American Express .

Hard to beat that deal with low bank interest rates :). Now we don't have a balance to pay off as well ;p