Cruisers & Losers Breakaway Part 1

Fineaswine

OMG - I didn't think your review could get any better, but it just did! DH just came into the room to see what I was laughing about! More, more, more!!:D

any towels of Norwegian make. I could see that the families and the young and unburdened couples tried to make the best of things as we did. The rain came and went, the sand blasted and buried our towels, but not our spirits. However, I was still removing it from my folding regions for days to come. A few hours later, we had saw as much of Cape Canaveral as we did, and that was more than enough. Setting a course for the bus stop we waited a short time and where whisked back to the Breakaway; sand encrusted and slightly burnt.

-----

omg...hilarious!!! and sad at the same time....i can't stop reading!

I've been following this review and have to stop. I find none of it amusing other than the fact that the OP finds that NCL is responsible for everything they didn't enjoy about the cruise. Maybe cruising isn't for the OP.

I bet you're fun at parties.

Day 4 Cape Canaveral, back on board: Once back on the ship, I sighed deeply looking out the port side window as I sat atop the one queen sized bed crafted seamlessly of two twin sized beds. Tomorrow would be day 5, Nassau. Before that though, we decided to attend the all ages improv show done by Second City. It was quite funny (and age appropriate). I especially liked how the comedy team incorporated on-ship references such as "washy washy" as well as what seemed to be genuine disgust for the ships itinerary alterations. An approach which I could get fully behind. Well played Second City, well played. After the show we went back to the room after a stop at O'Sheehans. I had never been to Nassau, nor had ever planned to. So, there was a bit of interest, for I am the adventurous type, or at least I was before the kids. This adventurous streak seemed prerequisite for the 6 hours we would be allotted by Norwegian. At least I wouldn't have to choose which shore excursion to spend those 6 hours on, as there would be none offered. I wondered at this lack of excursions, however, as the time of debarking in Nassau grew nigh, I began to hear more and more stories from fellow cruisers...grim ones. Talk of travel warnings began to spread through the ship. I over heard one man say to another "Don't take a lanyard or you will be targeted as a tourist." I heard several passengers declare that they would not get off the ship at all for fear of barbarism. I attributed most of these assertions and tales to pure unabashed hyperbole. We went to sleep a bit earlier than usual on that fourth day. Nassau was not Bermuda, but it was also not Cape Canaveral and that suited me just fine. I would venture out with the family to find our own diversion in port.

(to be continued)

Edited by Fineaswine

It sounds like you did get your port fees back, according to another poster. I sympathize about the unexpected change in itinerary, but you chose to book a cruise during hurricane season. Your cruise departed New York on Sunday October 9 and if you had followed any of the news in the days leading up to your departure, wouldn't you have been aware of a major hurricane that hit the Caribbean and Florida? I believe by Sunday the 9th it had moved up to North Carolina. It's not unexpected that it would have caused some issues for Bermuda.

I guess one option would have been for you to cancel and reschedule your cruise... isn't that what trip insurance is for?

We haven't gotten anything back... Yet...

Trip insurance covers medical emergencies only, we were never given the option by NCL to reschedule.

We knew of Hurricane Matthew, It was Hurricane Nicole that caused the problems for our trip.

It would seem NCL chose the Itinerary that would cost the line the least in port fees, passengers be damned...

The first thing I do when I wake up. Grab a cup of joe and search this thread. He should be a comedy writer.

I have learned not to drink anything while reading this thread, or my screen gets wet from me spraying it as I burst out laughing!

nmn

:confused::confused::confused:

No Middle Name?

Nicotinamide Mononucleotide?

No Means No?

National Moth Night?

No Medics Necessary?

New Media Network?

National Monitoring Network?

Noise-Masking Noise?

National Management Network?

Non-metallic Metal?

No Mutants Allowed?

Nationwide Mortgage News?

:confused::confused::confused:

I had never been to Nassau, nor had ever planned to. So, there was a bit of interest, for I am the adventurous type, or at least I was before the kids.

Nassau was not Bermuda, but it was also not Cape Canaveral and that suited me just fine. I would venture out with the family to find our own diversion in port.

(to be continued)

A few years ago, our planned diversion, was to book a few nights at Baha Mar, which was supposed to put Atlantis out of business.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-04/the-ghosts-of-baha-mar-how-a-3-5-billion-paradise-went-bust

Tighten it up... If you want all viewers.

Actually, I like a very detailed review, and will often skip the super-short ones. If it doesn't have enough details in it, it's usually just giving me information I've already read before.

So, I would appreciate it if the OP would continue just as he has. :)

...would not get off the ship at all for fear of barbarism...

:):):):):)

No Middle Name?

Nicotinamide Mononucleotide?

No Means No?

National Moth Night?

No Medics Necessary?

New Media Network?

National Monitoring Network?

Noise-Masking Noise?

National Management Network?

Non-metallic Metal?

No Mutants Allowed?

Nationwide Mortgage News?

Too funny!!!!

Edited by lgdesign

Day 5 Nassau part 1: The first thing that I saw of Nassau, was a formation that I can only describe as a small island composed of welded rusty barrels. I raised a critical brow, as I watched this unsightly monument. I went back through the sliding glass door of deck 7, trying my damnedest to reserve judgement, but faltering at best. We were docked in short order. My family and I went to our decidedly favored dining option, O'Sheehan's. For the Garden Cafe was at best a last resort. We were seated relatively quickly and from the window I could see a neighboring Carnival ship. In the distance as well, I saw the grandeur of Atlantis rising up high above the shantied hovels of the main stretch. The setup was like every Sci-fi pictures "original" movie written about a dystopian future where the line between the haves and have not's is etched inviolably in the sand. When the waiter arrived, I ordered a barrage of wieners, hoping that indulging in Nathan's sausagey goodness, would work to put my mind at ease. Alas, it did not. After our brief lunch, we awaited the PA debarking call scheduled for 3ish pm. Again we gathered our items, a beach bag filled with snorkel gear and the like. The announcement came and we entered the line. My legs were still aching from our time on Cocoa Beach, so I opted to take a scooter on shore... oh what a fool i was.

Edited by Fineaswine

I've been following this review and have to stop. I find none of it amusing other than the fact that the OP finds that NCL is responsible for everything they didn't enjoy about the cruise. Maybe cruising isn't for the OP.

This is what's wrong with America....too many people have zero sense of humor any longer....sigh....I am sure he/she will respond rudely, but that doesn't change the truth...

"The rain began to fall, as though the heavens themselves wept on the receiving end of 200 on board credits with a scant few hours to spend them. "

Greatest. Line. Ever. My god I laughed hard at that...and in public too.

I don't know, I'm still crying over "kicking myself for missing the port shopping consultation with Sharon". Maybe the funniest thing I've read on CC!!! Seriously, tears!

We were soon at a terminal and on a bus to Cocoa Beach. The ride was very stimulating. I was kicking myself the whole way as I had left my Iphone back on the ship and was thus unable to take shots of the surrounding land marks such as Mc Donalds, Super K-mart and a beautifully maintained Sunoco. I was also kicking myself for missing the port shopping consultation with Shannon, as without professional guidance I would surely flounder.

Okay, see ya.

Please post more for the rest of us OP :D:D:D

I was also kicking myself for missing the port shopping consultation with Shannon, as without professional guidance I would surely flounder.

Yes I cried at the line!! And "The rain began to fall, as though the heavens themselves wept on the receiving end of 200 on board credits with a scant few hours to spend them."

Seriously two of the funniest lines ever!!! I honestly cannot believe everyone does not think this review is hysterical and that the writing is brilliant.

I know they say some don't have a sense of humor but I never believed it before. This review is GOLD!