Anyone see the upgrade/upsell fairy lately?

CineGraphic

If you switched from Princess direct to the big box agency, are you still likely to get a "move over' or an upgrade offer or are you better to stay with Princess direct?

Bob fr Tx

If they are sending out an upsell, it will go to everyone in the category that they are upselling from. The difference is that if you are booked directly with Princess, the email goes directly to you. If you are booked with a TA they get the email and then have to forward it to you. there will be a timing difference. Having a great TA makes all the difference because they are on top of things.

I'm fortunate enough to have a TA who works even when she is on vacation like this last time!

if you are booked directly with Princess, the email goes directly to you. If you are booked with a TA they get the email and then have to forward it to you. there will be a timing difference.

yes, good to know, make sure your ta is on top of things!

Edited by cdngrl

If they are sending out an upsell, it will go to everyone in the category that they are upselling from. The difference is that if you are booked directly with Princess, the email goes directly to you. If you are booked with a TA they get the email and then have to forward it to you. there will be a timing difference.

I don't think this is true. I know that new Princess passengers do not receive upsell offers. I also don't think they will do everyone in the top level mini suite for just 2 available suites. Or every outside cabin for a window suite. I think they are targeted.

It's more likely that they email those who paid the same price for the category, not everyone in the category.

This is what the offer was. We were in a MA mini but the offer went out to everyone who booked any of the mini categories.

PRINCESS CRUISES IS PLEASED TO EXTEND THE FOLLOWING OFFER TO GUESTS CURRENTLY BOOKED IN A MINI-SUITE (cat M6-MF) ON THE NOVEMBER 27, 2016 SAILING OF REGAL PRINCESS. Treat yourself to a DELUXE SUITE and enjoy the premium accommodations and luxurious appointments that are the signature of our expansive suites. All suites include a separate seating area, walk-in closet, full bathroom, spacious balcony and deluxe suite amenities. This offer includes a deluxe balcony breakfast for 2 on the morning of your choice.

We recently received an upsell for a Suite on the Regal for December. My brother and his wife were booked right next to us and in the same category minisuite, used the same travel agent and they were not offered the upsell. My agent tried to get this for them and was unable to as they said they only sent them out to a small number of minisuites. We do have more cruises than they do. We are Elite and they are Platinum. Not sure if that made a difference.

I don't think this is true. I know that new Princess passengers do not receive upsell offers. I also don't think they will do everyone in the top level mini suite for just 2 available suites. Or every outside cabin for a window suite. I think they are targeted.

That could very well be.

Last time we got one I had done a GTY mini for the first time and had been placed in a MA mini and then got the upsell. This time I booked the MA mini suite

It's more likely that they email those who paid the same price for the category, not everyone in the category.

The move over offer does go out to the TAs that have persons booked in those categories. It is up to the TA as to whether or not you are notified. Sometimes it doesn't happen (know from a past bad experience). Some TAs do not want to be bothered as they receive a minimal amount for the paperwork involved ($50 five years ago).

Due to our experience, we always now book directly with Princess... with no regrets!!

Not an up sell...but a pretty pleasant surprise! We were booked in Balcony Cabins for March 5, 2017 on Regal Princess. Found a lower price ($40 less per cabin) for Deluxe Balcony. Contacted TA. TA contacted Princess. Princess Rep found past guest special. So, we're now in Deluxe Balcony Cabins and saved $200 a piece! Yay! Upgraded cabin at a much lower price...SCORE!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by cindsue

Our plans were to be cruising later this month. It was to be an 18 day journey. Received an offer we could not refuse. For cancelling we received two free cruises anywhere Princess travels. The first is up to 35 days the second a 7 day. Included a full cabin upgrade of cabin. Our original cabin was a basic balcony which had been upgraded to a mini shortly after booking back in 2015. So the 28 day cruise planned for 2017 will be in one of the Penthouses. Also received $200 each passenger for each cruise as OBC's. Air was locked in at what we originally paid. Which was more then 1/2 of what it will cost for the new cruise. All that we did pay is returned in OBC's and what is not used for the first cruise is returned to us after completing the cruise. We have cruised often and did not believe it till all was in writing. It truly feels like we hit the Princess Lottery. Our travel agent also is amazed. Thank You Princess!!

Wow, score!! Enjoy your suite cruise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yesterday around 5pm TA forwarded Princess email for upsell for our December Regal cruise. From Deluxe Balcony to Mini-suite. I called Princess at 5:30 pm and they returned call at 7:30 pm. Took the upsell for $199 for 1st and 2nd passengers which also included gratuities for those two. Since I had prepaid gratuities for 4 passengers, princess will refund the amount for two. Still have the AIBP so thought it was a good offer

Yesterday around 5pm TA forwarded Princess email for upsell for our December Regal cruise. From Deluxe Balcony to Mini-suite. I called Princess at 5:30 pm and they returned call at 7:30 pm. Took the upsell for $199 for 1st and 2nd passengers which also included gratuities for those two. Since I had prepaid gratuities for 4 passengers, princess will refund the amount for two. Still have the AIBP so thought it was a good offer

That's a nice bonus for your upgrade! We did the suite and got a balcony breakfast as a bonus. Kind of silly as we can already have a full breakfast delivered.