Cheers program

janf

You pay for drinks on Half Moon Cay, a la carte using your sign and sail card, regardless of whether you or not you have Cheers. Kind of stinks because your paying $50 for drinks on board, but while on the island they make you purchase them drink by drink and they do not get covered/reversed by Cheers.

You might want to bring on a Yetti (or better yet the cheap Walmart version which works just as well) and order a few drinks every 5 minutes before leaving the ship - pour them in to the cup & you should be good to go. They really do keep cold for a long time even in the hot sun, and the larger ones hold a lot (especially if you only use the ice from one of the three drinks).

I'm wondering what you do for drinks in Half Moon Cay if you can't use Cheers?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

buy them?

Unfortunately, this is the correct answer. You have to purchase your own drinks at all the other ports. Carnival does not make a distinction between their private island and anywhere else. I don't know what you want people to say other than this. Do what you do at every other port.

I was simply asking for information since this is my first cruise and I'm tying to decide if its worthwhile. The info on carnivals site says it can't be used in half moon Cay. Doesn't say anything about the other 2 ports. I had assumed you could use it there

I was simply asking for information since this is my first cruise and I'm tying to decide if its worthwhile. The info on carnivals site says it can't be used in half moon Cay. Doesn't say anything about the other 2 ports. I had assumed you could use it there

You assumed you could use Cheers at the port or on the ship while the ship was in port?

When the ship is ported at HMC, you can still get drinks onboard with Cheers! You just cannot get them on the island, even though it is owned by Carnival.

But you can't have thought you'd be able to get drinks at other ports with your Cheers! so I'm confused by that statement and maybe you're thinking you can't get them on the whole day, even on the ship?

Pre paid for drink package. Out of New York you will must pay for drinks for the first day of cruise. Even if you buy on board first day.... drinks must be paid for until 6 pm that night. Guess that is a New YOrk city law.

Stock up a few unopened beers and put then in your 12x12x12 cooler. Carnival's assertion that they cannot properly keep track of your drink total on the island in this day and age is ridiculous. Four Foster's will give you the same as 8 twelve ounce beers and keep you busy for a while ;)

Edited by n6uqqq

Stock up a few unopened beers and put then in your 12x12x12 cooler. Carnival's assertion that they cannot properly keep track of your drink total on the island in this day and age is ridiculous. Four Foster's will give you the same as 8 twelve ounce beers and keep you busy for a while ;)

According to the rules, all bottles and cans will be served open :(

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1106/~/cheers!-beverage-program

According to the rules, all bottles and cans will be served open :(

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1106/~/cheers!-beverage-program

Quite a number of people here have been able to get them unopened despite the " rule " . Just like CC's rule that people are not to copy and paste block text from other websites, yet gazillions of people here do it anyways.

Edited by n6uqqq