SEASIDE Official E Mail

sidari

It looks like each country office is drawing up their own e mail regarding the changes!

Dear David,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing MSC Cruises and the beautiful MSC Seaside for your upcoming cruise sailing on 23rd of December 2017.

Please be informed that, due to operational and technical reasons, the itinerary scheduled for the above-mentioned cruise has been modified. You will find the changes highlighted in the table below.

Updated Itinerary

The excursion programme has of course been updated to reflect the changes to this itinerary and all details can be found on the MSC Cruises website and at the shore excursion office once on board.

We will assume your acceptance of this change of itinerary unless we hear from you (or your agent) via email within 7 working days from receipt of this communication.

We look forward to welcoming you on board MSC Seaside and hope you will enjoy your experience on board with MSC Cruises.

Please do not hesitate to contact us or your Travel Agent for further information.

Best regards.

Massimo Bergamaschi

Head of Contact Centre

MSC Cruises UK and IRL

Our itinerary now includes Costa Maya in lieu of the private island. Will just have to book again once the island is completed

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We still have not gotten email notification of the change. But when I look at the MSC website for our sailing 2/10/18 (B2B), we can see the new itinerary.....but is does not include Costa Maya. :confused:

Edited by suzyed

I got it for Feb & Apr 2018, i also don't care because it's all about the ship.

For us, it's not all about the ship. It's a combination of the ship, and the itinerary. I'm waiting to book seaside when I know for sure that it's going to their private island. I'm not interested in going to Nassau for the 8th time. This last time we ended up there for a brief amount of time, and we got off the ship, took photos, and got back on the ship. Didn't even go into Nassau.

When you're at sea for 4 days on a 7 day cruise, you're not wanting to stay on the ship for a 5th day because you've been to the port a zillion times already.

So, we're waiting until we know for sure what's going on.

Well finally received the official e mail regarding the changes to the 23rd December 2017 sailing. How nice of them to assume !

Anyone else had this same e mail yet for their sailing?

Please be advised that Due to operational and technical reasons the itinerary has been modified.

We will assume your acceptance of this change of itinerary unless we hear from you (or your agent) via email within 7 working days from receipt of this communication.

I'm on the New Year's sailing and haven't received anything yet. I've heard the reports, though, on cruise podcasts.

I did just log into my booking and see that Nassau has been substituted for Ocean Cay.

Edited by jkrislc

So, after much soul searching...I picked up the phone and cancelled our cruise on the Seaside. I had to weigh the pros and the cons and decided since Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve was replaced with Nassau, it was truly the straw that broke the camels back. Besides wanting to cruise for the ship, we also were looking forward to Ocean Cay. We have already been to all of these ports a couple of times and feel no need to return.

The rep I spoke to, spent a good 5 minutes trying to talk me out of it. She kept telling me about the low price I was paying, the OBC we received, etc. Although we are dying to try the Seaside, flying down to Miami to visit the same old ports are not worth it to me. Hopefully, when Ocean Cay is completed :rolleyes: we will book again in the future.

We have B2B in Yacht Club starting 4/28/2018, will most likely cancel at least one. Waiting for other cruise lines to open for May 2018 leaving from Miami. Have to fly to Miami and not worth the trip for 7 nights and ports we have been to many times. Booked for Yacht Club experience both on ship and private island.

Talked with MSC agent today. Asked what port will replace their island. His answer was "they have not made a decision yet". It doesn't matter much to me as we are going for the new ship and our first cruise with MSC. Checked my conf. and it has Bahamas instead of their island. Also asked why their website is so messed up and his reply was" I have had many complaints and he thinks they are working on it". I think all cruise lines have the same IT service!