Escape Upgrade Help

Slyfox16

We are on the Escape in January and just got an upgrade offer, we are currently in an M6 cabin. Would greatly appreciate any suggestions on what to bid for a H 5, 6 or 7, as I thought I would make it a birthday surprise for my wife. Should we bid now or wait to see what happens? If our MOB thread is any indication, the cruise does not seem to be that booked.

If our MOB thread is any indication, the cruise does not seem to be that booked.

Cruise Critic membership is only 1 to 2% of the entire cruising public. I wouldn't use MOB postings as an indication of how full your sailing is.

I'm on the 1/21 sailing, no email as of yet to upgrade. Which sailing did you receive the upgrade offer for, if you don't mind me asking. I've been checking EVERY day.

Thank you,

Rose

Not everyone is receiving the offers. There are some travel agencies that have not yet opted in to this new program. I found this out last Friday during a convo I had with a very nice person at the Upsell number. I was informed that the parent travel company for the agency that I booked through, has not yet responded to NCL's notification of the new program. There are multiple cruise agencies under this parent company that are in the same position.

Hopefully once this program gets into full swing, the agency will opt in so they wont lose people. But for now.... it is unfortunate to know that there are people that paid far less than I did who apparently are able to bid $25 or $50 to get into mini suites and I can't even change from a mid ship mini to a large balcony without paying $800. Sigh.

I don't believe I am allowed to state the name of this Travel Holding company but there are multiple online cruise agencies that Only book Cruises that are under their umbrella. Hopefully not yours, but wanted to let you know.