Suite Guarantee - Thoughts/Good Deal?

Want2Cruise 701

Our 10 night Eclipse sailing has a Suite guarantee for $5,020 total. The only suites left are 1 Celebrity and 1 Royal. What are the chances of them having Sky Suites that aren't showing or upgrading someone from a Sky to put us in. I'd honestly rather have our oversized 1A balcony rather than a Sky Suite.

We paid $2841 for our 1A first off hump with the classic package, 700 OBC and gratuities. Is it worth the extra $2179 for a suite plus well get the premium package now and unlimited internet.

Thoughts from more experienced X cruisers than us. Thanks.

I could have written your exact post, except we have the drink package included and paid a little more. The cruise is on the Eclipse, this December 11. I kept an eye on the suite upgrades and saw a price similar to yours. I too was tempted. However I would have to give up a very sweet 1A with a triple size balcony. I couldn't take that chance. Plus as someone else pointed out, the savings would be about half of a whole new cruise.

For what it's worth, I would stay with the 1A. Just IMHO.

I could have written your exact post' date=' except we have the drink package included and paid a little more. The cruise is on the Eclipse, this December 11. I kept an eye on the suite upgrades and saw a price similar to yours. I too was tempted. However I would have to give up a very sweet 1A with a triple size balcony. I couldn't take that chance. Plus as someone else pointed out, the savings would be about half of a whole new cruise.

For what it's worth, I would stay with the 1A. Just IMHO.[/quote']

I went ahead and did it. I gave up the oversized 1A first off the straight hump. Oversized balconies I love especially the Aft on MClass ships. We wanted to try the suite experience and figured it would be a good time since we will be without our son and it is our anniversary too. Our first time on a cruise longer than 7 nights too.

I went ahead and did it. I gave up the oversized 1A first off the straight hump. Oversized balconies I love especially the Aft on MClass ships. We wanted to try the suite experience and figured it would be a good time since we will be without our son and it is our anniversary too. Our first time on a cruise longer than 7 nights too.

Well then!! Go for it and enjoy!! You will love the suite/sweet experience!!

I don't think you'll regret your decision, Want2Cruise! I've had one of the largest angle-of-the-hump cabins and it was nice, but you know what? The next time we booked AQ I chose cabin 1648. It was weird, but I sort of resented not being able to see in the opposite direction of the way the balcony angle was facing. Yes, you can move to the edge and sort of peek around, but that got old.

Good luck, and Happy Anniversary!

Good luck. Please come back after you get the suite assigned and let us know how you did. I hope you will be happy. The Suite Life is very nice and it' really not all about the room.

Ditto!

Sincere best wishes for a great room and a wonderful cruise!

I went ahead and did it. It's the longest cruise we've ever taken and our anniversary and plus no child with us. I wanted it to seem like more than just another cruise.

We'll see how it works out. Crossing fingers that even if it's an S2 it's in a good location. Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

Make sure Celebrity knows that it is your anniversary!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums