Sea Princess - Mini Suite vs Balcony

RubySlippers85

Hi guys,

Just found a deal where a Club-Class Mini-Suite on the Sea Princess for a 12-night trip costs $1,100 (AUD) more than a Balcony Cabin. Is this worth grabbing? My gut instinct is YES but I'm not sure if it's worth it?

Maybe the experts can assist? :D

Ruby

Edited by RubySlippers85
revision

Hi guys,

Just found a deal where a Club-Class Mini-Suite on the Sea Princess for a 12-night trip costs $1,100 (AUD) more than a Balcony Cabin. Is this worth grabbing? My gut instinct is YES but I'm not sure if it's worth it?

Ruby

Mini's on Sun Class ships are the same as some suites on Grand Class ships.

Not even close to a normal mini as we know it.

Awesome cabins. ;)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

From the Princess Website on the Club-Class Mini-Suites:

UPGRADED AMENITIES & SERVICES

Exclusive Club Class Dining for dinner each night, plus breakfast and lunch on sea days

The Princess Luxury Bed

Priority Embarkation & Disembarkation at the beginning and end of your cruise

Full access to the Priority Disembarkation Lounge

Complimentary one time wine set-up on embarkation day, 1/2 bottle of red and 1/2 bottle of white*

Complimentary Premium Evening Canapés (upon request)

Upgraded Terry Shawl Bathrobes

*Not available for China voyages.

PLUS OUR STANDARD MINI-SUITE BENEFITS

STATEROOM

Spacious staterooms up to 323 square feet with balcony

Upgraded balcony with patio furniture (table and two chairs)

Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors

Separate seating area with coffee table and a sofa bed

BATHROOM

Private bathroom with combination tub and shower

Massage shower head

Shampoo, conditioner and body lotion

100% Egyptian Cotton Terry Towels

FOOD & BEVERAGE

Welcome glass of champagne

Fruit Basket (upon request)

Refrigerator

SERVICES

Twice daily housekeeping service

Evening bed turn-down with chocolates on your pillow

ACCESSORIES

Two 42” flat-panel satellite televisions

Hair Dryer

Phone & Desk

Tote Bag

Digital Security Safe

110V, 60-cycle alternating current (AC) with standard U.S. plug fittings

What would be different in a Full-Suite? The laundry service?

From the Princess Website on the Club-Class Mini-Suites:

UPGRADED AMENITIES & SERVICES

Exclusive Club Class Dining for dinner each night, plus breakfast and lunch on sea days

The Princess Luxury Bed

Priority Embarkation & Disembarkation at the beginning and end of your cruise

Full access to the Priority Disembarkation Lounge

Complimentary one time wine set-up on embarkation day, 1/2 bottle of red and 1/2 bottle of white*

Complimentary Premium Evening Canapés (upon request)

Upgraded Terry Shawl Bathrobes

*Not available for China voyages.

PLUS OUR STANDARD MINI-SUITE BENEFITS

STATEROOM

Spacious staterooms up to 323 square feet with balcony

Upgraded balcony with patio furniture (table and two chairs)

Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors

Separate seating area with coffee table and a sofa bed

BATHROOM

Private bathroom with combination tub and shower

Massage shower head

Shampoo, conditioner and body lotion

100% Egyptian Cotton Terry Towels

FOOD & BEVERAGE

Welcome glass of champagne

Fruit Basket (upon request)

Refrigerator

SERVICES

Twice daily housekeeping service

Evening bed turn-down with chocolates on your pillow

ACCESSORIES

Two 42” flat-panel satellite televisions

Hair Dryer

Phone & Desk

Tote Bag

Digital Security Safe

110V, 60-cycle alternating current (AC) with standard U.S. plug fittings

What would be different in a Full-Suite? The laundry service?

Forgot about the Club Class part.

Is it $1100 more PP?

Hi guys,

Ruby

yes... it is really a suite...

Forgot about the Club Class part.

Is it $1100 more PP?

$1,100 more per person up from the cheapest balcony (BY class) - including solo supplement if sailing alone.

It is actually cheaper than a normal interior per person at the moment - the cheapest balcony class BY are the unpopular ones where the beds are bunks.

I should say - these prices are for the "Treasures of Asia" cruise in October 2017 in case anyone is looking to book a deal :).

Not on the Princess website - but through a TA...

Edited by RubySlippers85

Let me offer you this for a thought.

We normally book suites

BUT

This December we are back to backing on Dawn Princess and have made a considered decision to take one of the mid-ship mini suites as we have previously done on other Sun class ships.

REASONS

1. As others have said the mini-suites on the Sun class ships are very similar to the mid-ship full suites on the larger ships with the added benefit that because they are not immediately below the pool area they do not suffer from the same noise problems as the larger ships.

2. There is no Sabatinis on Dawn (and presumably also on Sea Princess) and I don't believe that they can get anywhere near to that level of service with the alternative which is a 'Sabatinis Menu' served in your cabin. No way the food can be freshly cooked to order or your coffee cup etc being continually topped up.

In our case, as we are Elite, we get the suite level bathroom amenities, priority tendering, laundry etc., irrespective of the grade of stateroom, which not only made it a no-brainer for us but also caused us to decide that we would not consider an upsell offer to the Owner's Suite, which is still unsold on both our B2B cruises, including a Christmas / New Year cruise just five weeks before departure of the first cruise.

So, to summarize, we are normally suite passengers who believe that the mini-suites on the Sun class ships offer us everything we want and would always select a mini-suite in preference to a suite on these ships.

My view would be 'GO FOR IT'. Just don't be disappointed when you later discover that the mini-suites on the other ships don't match up to your expectations. :)

EDIT: Forgot to say that Sun class mini-suites have whirlpool baths.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

Sun class mini-suites are essentially two balcony cabins combined into one. The bedroom "cabin" expands into the area of the sitting room "cabin" by a foot or so. You have a double-wide balcony (although they are inset - some like this some don't) with access from both rooms (two sliding doors).

You have a good sized walk-in closet.

As previously stated, the bath has a whirlpool plus the shower is separate and is glassed - no friendly shower curtain. You don't stand in the tub to take a shower. The toilet area is separate from the bathing area as well.

Marble tile on the floors in the bathing / toilet areas.

Thanks for the advice guys! I went for it and am super excited to try my first suite experience!

Glad you went for it. From the language of your post, be aware that a mini-suite is not a full suite and doesn't get full suite privileges, even if it is almost as spacious as a full suite.

Glad you went for it. From the language of your post, be aware that a mini-suite is not a full suite and doesn't get full suite privileges, even if it is almost as spacious as a full suite.

Definitely aware it's not a full suite - but it has club class benefits so a little bit extra which is nice :).

Hi guys,

Ruby

Yes! Yes! Yes! The Mini-Suites on Sea Princess are twice the size of a balcony cabin - essentially they are the equivalent of two cabins, one which is the bedroom and the other the sitting room. That also means the balcony is double width. That's an amazing price for a Mini-Suite, they are usually twice the price (or more)of a balcony cabin.

On the balcony cabin or Mini-Suite? Looking at the Princess website - the floorplan shows separate shower and bath for the Club-Class Mini-Suites on the Sea Princess

Every mini I've seen the shower was over the bath, but not sure I've been into one on Sea.

Every mini I've seen the shower was over the bath, but not sure I've been into one on Sea.

I guess you haven't been in a mini-suite on a Sun class ship as you would definitely remember it .

The mini-suites on the Sun class ships are nothing like the other mini-suites.

They have a separate shower cubicle with the only disadvantage being that the shower head, whilst being adjustable, is fixed and not on a hose.

Someone observed, earlier in the thread that there is no shower curtain, with the shower having a glass door. This is not an issue as the bathroom facilities are spilt across two rooms with the toilet and wash basin being in a different room to the tub / shower and with entry doors to the toilet area from both the lounge area and from the tub / shower area.

To the OP let me say that you will not regret your decision.