Shoreside concierge service

LabGuy64

We've been contacted all 3 times, either by phone or email. What ship and sailing are you on, perhaps someone can give you the contact information.

I'm on the December 9, 2016 sailing on Infinity. I know they have our email address because we get emails from them to remind us to order drink packages as well as specialty dining packages.

I have some advice base on our experience with the shoreside concierges that may be of use to those of you who have not heard from them when expected.

Being in the UK, I have usually felt it necessary to be proactive, not really expected to be contacted from overseas but, more than once, I have found that the concierge has been trying unsuccessfully to contact. When it was investigated further, it turned out that our contact details were not correct. It appears that the contact details available to the concierges are in a different place on the system to those we can change on MyCelebrity. Someone has to transfer these details manually and, in our case, both our 'phone number and email address were incorrectly copied. If and when you ever make contact with the concierge, I advise checking all your contact details. It is always possible that these details are transcribed each cruise booked.

The other advice I have is that, if you contact the shoreside concierge by email, put your cruise details (ship and sail date) in the subject line. Whenever I have done that, I have received a prompt response even months before a cruise. On the few occasions I have wanted assistance connected with an email I have received from Celebrity, I have forward the email and received no response. On reflection I realised that these forwarded emails had a generic subject. (My email account does not allow me to change subject on a forwarded email.) I suspect that there is some sort of triage system in place to filler out "rouge" emails.

I cannot guarantee anyone will receive a response but I hope that the above may help at least some of you.

Edited by Project_gal

I'm on the December 9, 2016 sailing on Infinity. I know they have our email address because we get emails from them to remind us to order drink packages as well as specialty dining packages.

I don't have a name for the pre cruise concierge on Infinity but a while ago the following contact information was posted:

general shore side concierge email address CelebrityPreCruiseConcierge @Celebrity.com

phone number to try to be transferred to the concierge, 800 256-6649 ext 1122.

They don't contact you pre cruise if you are in a Sky Suite.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

I am not sure if I explained myself very well in my post. The email address used for marketing mailings is not the same as the one used by the shoreside concierge.

Honestly, I am getting more and more furstrated with shoreside services, but not overly surprised in the weakness Celebrity has heere.

Jennifer never emailed me back, so I tried calling, from Rome, where we now are to make sure one of our special requests was taken care of. The number she gave me wasn't direct, but to someone in Miami, she is in Kansas. Instead of transfering me, he puts me on hold while he messages her to see if she was avaialble (I called during the times she said to call). Instead of taking my call, she messages back that the concierge will deal with it when we are onboard. I hung up on the person who answered the phone.

Why couldn't she just email me? She should know, from my email yesterday I am in Rome.

We have checked into the second hotel this week that would be competing for business with a Celebrity Suite guests. While the Concierges at both hotels, the first hotel concierges all have Clef d'Or status which is something Celebrity i striving for and were handling many more guests (entire hotels). They just seem to get it, even in advance when they email us for special requests. I know that onboard the concierge will be amazing. I think using a seperate person is a broken system. I think they're basically reservation agents, given an additional special email and job responsibilities but it is has been a weakness since they stopped having the onboard Concierge's make the intial pre-cruise contact. We just haven't felt the level of detail i the same.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks for the responses.

It seems it's a crap shoot whether you are contacted by the shoreside concierge or not. Fortunately my request should be easily handled once on board. But I must admit on other cruise lines it has been nice to get things set up prior to boarding.

I am not sure why one department can have my phone number and email address while another such as the shoreside concierge may not.

I'm also concerned about situations in which the shoreside concierge has not adequately responded to an inquiry.

I sail in about 40 days. I guess only time will tell, but I will probably wait until about a week before sailing before I contact them by email.

While not hearing from them won't have a negative impact once on board, it definitely won't help to give us that extra pampered WOW feeling we get when we walk into our suite and see that it was individualized to our preferences.

While not hearing from them won't have a negative impact once on board, it definitely won't help to give us that extra pampered WOW feeling we get when we walk into our suite and see that it was individualized to our preferences.

THIS ^^^

Update: I did receive an email from the shoreside concierge. Either they're monitoring this board or she was told I was frustrated. She did apologize, saying she did not know I was already traveling (cruise starts in 3 days).

I'll publish the email as I don't think it really violates any rules, The parts in red have been changed, but do not impact the meaning of the email:

Thank you for your email. My apologies as I did not know you had already started your travels.

Ildi will be working with you once you get onboard regarding the set up and details for Special request one. I was also able to confirm that the ship was able to get special request two for both of the penthouse suites. Our friends are in the other penthouse and had the same request as us.

If you have any questions or concerns when you get onboard, please do not hesitate to reach out to Ildi for assistance. I work with her on a daily basis and she has been involved in getting everything set up for both of your sailings.

Mrs. spoiledrotten, I hope you and your family and friends have a wonderful time on your sailings. We look forward to seeing you onboard in a few short days. Enjoy your time in Rome!

So, it looks like we're all set :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

THIS ^^^

Update: I did receive an email from the shoreside concierge. Either they're monitoring this board or she was told I was frustrated. She did apologize, saying she did not know I was already traveling (cruise starts in 3 days).

I'll publish the email as I don't think it really violates any rules, The parts in red have been changed, but do not impact the meaning of the email:

Thank you for your email. My apologies as I did not know you had already started your travels.

Ildi will be working with you once you get onboard regarding the set up and details for Special request one. I was also able to confirm that the ship was able to get special request two for both of the penthouse suites. Our friends are in the other penthouse and had the same request as us.

If you have any questions or concerns when you get onboard, please do not hesitate to reach out to Ildi for assistance. I work with her on a daily basis and she has been involved in getting everything set up for both of your sailings.

Mrs. spoiledrotten, I hope you and your family and friends have a wonderful time on your sailings. We look forward to seeing you onboard in a few short days. Enjoy your time in Rome!

So, it looks like we're all set :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Well that is more like! As so many have said things can be sorted once you board it is just so nice to pre arrange things and then board and relax. If there are any first day requests (sail away party, large table speciality dining) it is unnerving if you do not get any confirmation...

Most of us can remember the pre shoreside concierge days and it did seem so much easier....

Honestly, I am getting more and more furstrated with shoreside services, but not overly surprised in the weakness Celebrity has heere.

Jennifer never emailed me back, so I tried calling, from Rome, where we now are to make sure one of our special requests was taken care of. The number she gave me wasn't direct, but to someone in Miami, she is in Kansas. Instead of transfering me, he puts me on hold while he messages her to see if she was avaialble (I called during the times she said to call). Instead of taking my call, she messages back that the concierge will deal with it when we are onboard. I hung up on the person who answered the phone.

Why couldn't she just email me? She should know, from my email yesterday I am in Rome.

We have checked into the second hotel this week that would be competing for business with a Celebrity Suite guests. While the Concierges at both hotels, the first hotel concierges all have Clef d'Or status which is something Celebrity i striving for and were handling many more guests (entire hotels). They just seem to get it, even in advance when they email us for special requests. I know that onboard the concierge will be amazing. I think using a seperate person is a broken system. I think they're basically reservation agents, given an additional special email and job responsibilities but it is has been a weakness since they stopped having the onboard Concierge's make the intial pre-cruise contact. We just haven't felt the level of detail i the same.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Jenna

I can only agree with despite not having any issues with the shoreside concierge since implemented.

IMHO, the on board concierge should deal with on board requests. However, it is clear from Cruise Critic that some suite guests expect these to be dealt with months pre-cruise. Unfortunately, the ships do not work that far in advance. I imagine that is why the shoreside concierge was introduced. In view of this, there probably needs to be some way to restrict access to the on board concierge until an appropriate time but, the fewer layers a message needs to pass through, the less likely Chinese Whispers happen.

I, personally, strongly believe that higher-end suite guests should have someone shoreside through whom they can resolve pre-cruise issues. I feel this especially strongly because it is often difficult in the UK to resolve these. I have found that I have been able to use the service in this way.

However, I also believe that it would be very useful for the shoreside concierge to be available for booking higher end suites. I have to be extremely proactive in the UK to do this. Checking which staff will be in the office when cruises are released etc. It should not be so difficult.

Sue,

Of course, I didn't disagree with anything you bring up. Only to add that if they offer toage onboard arrangements they should be prepared to deal with them, and fairly state what can and can't be done. Once they start a program and contacts guest, lack of communication Or response is a big failure. Not having contact information is an excuse, they require it at online checkin.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Agree with your points, Sue!

It would be great if there was a named person pre cruise who would deal with any issues! Haven't forgotten the performance yet last year when we had emails telling us they were cancelling our cruise because we owed $0! It took a day and several phone calls to sort!

Like you we haven't had any real issues using the shore side concierge (I don't call the fridge not being stocked on boarding an issue) but it was so nice when you had that brief but effective pre cruise contact with someone actually onboard!

I's a bit late at this point and, any issues can be resolved between the butler and o n board conceirge. I may mention the issues after the cruise.

Please telephone Celebrity and let them know you are not happy with the service....If you don't have a contact there yourself I suggest you contact Captains Club and ask who you should ask for to register a concern. They should at least be honest if they cannot do something.

I think I can suggest answers to a couple of your points...on both our cruises with Luminae window tables could not be pre booked, they were very popular. On the nights we dined in Luminae (7.30ish) there were often a few people waiting specifically for windows even though there was lots of space elsewhere. For you to arrive at 7pm would mean for an hour they would be refusing others that table and then facing the question 'why were they allowed to book when we can't?'...We requested a window seat in Tuscan at 7pm first night last cruise and they told us they could not promise, they could at the start of service but not an hour in....Fair enough, we got there, they sat us at another table with a glass of wine and as a window seat became free we were quietly moved to it. Each time we arrived at Tuscan they remembered our preferences and always looked after us. I am sure in Luminae they will do the same...

Re wine choices...I think our only criticism last cruise would be the fluidity of wine choices. When we asked to see the wine menus anywhere often what we chose was no longer available and had been replaced by....Good choices but I'll bet the shoreside concierge genuinely cannot get an answer as to what is available. If I was you I would ask them to chill a couple of good bottles chosen for you by the Sommelier....If you don't like what is there when you board get the butler to sort...Re your previous spirit request, I honestly don't know why this hasn't been sorted. In the 'old days' when your contact was direct with the Michael's Club concierge she would simply know the answer or find out really easily. The longer the chain of asking goes out the less likely is a speedy response....

I honestly think this lack of response is spoiling your pre cruise enjoyment...As I said, phone, and just ask them to be honest and open about what they can/cannot do and express your frustration.

We have rarely had any issues with Celebrity but when we have had little blips we have registered our issues and then allowed them to sort...much better for you to do this now than board and have your first day ruined by champagne being left chilling in your room instead of a nice bottle of something you would enjoy!

I think several of us would be interested in knowing how you get on so keep us in touch. Sincere best wishes for these issues to be sorted and for you to get on with enjoying that pre cruise excitement.

I's a bit late at this point and, any issues can be resolved between the butler and o n board conceirge. I may mention the issues after the cruise.

As you say issues now can be resolved as you board, just hope the message re Chardonnay got through and there is a quality bottle chilled and waiting for you.

I would follow up post cruise or mention your issues to the Michael's Club host. Not in the way so much as a complaint, more a 'heads up' that there are some communication issues. If those of us who cruise suites don't (politely but assertively) express our concerns when any aspect of the suite life falls below expected standards then those standards are more likely to drop. Really all you are saying is communication had not been adequate...it would not take much to improve.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Edited by chemmo

Jenna

I can only agree with despite not having any issues with the shoreside concierge since implemented.

IMHO, the on board concierge should deal with on board requests. However, it is clear from Cruise Critic that some suite guests expect these to be dealt with months pre-cruise. Unfortunately, the ships do not work that far in advance. I imagine that is why the shoreside concierge was introduced. In view of this, there probably needs to be some way to restrict access to the on board concierge until an appropriate time but, the fewer layers a message needs to pass through, the less likely Chinese Whispers happen.

I, personally, strongly believe that higher-end suite guests should have someone shoreside through whom they can resolve pre-cruise issues. I feel this especially strongly because it is often difficult in the UK to resolve these. I have found that I have been able to use the service in this way.

However, I also believe that it would be very useful for the shoreside concierge to be available for booking higher end suites. I have to be extremely proactive in the UK to do this. Checking which staff will be in the office when cruises are released etc. It should not be so difficult.

IMHO I'm not sure if most guests expect to have requests handled months in advance, but if an onshore concierge is a service offered to top tier suites then Celebrity should reach out to ALL top tier suite guests. As I mentioned I have sailed in a CS and RS and was never contacted prior to sailing. As I also mentioned, I will wait until a week before my sailing in a PH to contact Celebrity's shoreside concierge ( just in case they fail to reach out to me for the 3rd time ) because my requests are fairly easy to handle.

I also feel that just because a person has fairly simple requests should not preclude them from using the shoreside concierge and having to wait until onboard to handle the requests. How difficult can it be to forward a few simple requests to the onboard concierge who then relays it to the butler. The way I see it, walking into my suite and seeing something as simple as a bowl of grapes already on the table is just as thrilling and pampering to me as someone else who wants to prearrange something more complex.

Again, not being contacted by the onshore concierge won't negatively impact my onboard experience, but if I should be in contact with them prior to my sailing I will request my grapes and a few other simple requests and if the grapes are on the table, I scored!

I am really sorry if anyone thought that I was disagreeing with anyone here with my posts. I agree with more or less everything said on this thread but I have seen other threads where people have complained about not having heard anything more than a month pre-cruise.

My comments about contact details was only an attempt to pass on our experience so that people could do something about improving their chances of contact. I agree that it is ridiculous that these details have to be rekeyed after we have made sure that they are correct online. However, we have to live with Celebrity's inadequate computer systems.

IMHO I'm not sure if most guests expect to have requests handled months in advance, but if an onshore concierge is a service offered to top tier suites then Celebrity should reach out to ALL top tier suite guests. As I mentioned I have sailed in a CS and RS and was never contacted prior to sailing. As I also mentioned, I will wait until a week before my sailing in a PH to contact Celebrity's shoreside concierge ( just in case they fail to reach out to me for the 3rd time ) because my requests are fairly easy to handle.

I also feel that just because a person has fairly simple requests should not preclude them from using the shoreside concierge and having to wait until onboard to handle the requests. How difficult can it be to forward a few simple requests to the onboard concierge who then relays it to the butler. The way I see it, walking into my suite and seeing something as simple as a bowl of grapes already on the table is just as thrilling and pampering to me as someone else who wants to prearrange something more complex.

Again, not being contacted by the onshore concierge won't negatively impact my onboard experience, but if I should be in contact with them prior to my sailing I will request my grapes and a few other simple requests and if the grapes are on the table, I scored!

I think the biggest concern is this 'hit and miss' re contact (although we have always been lucky and been emailed).....I totally agree it is the little 'attention to detail' items that can make the suite life experience special.

The irony is that pre cruise contact can make life just a little easier for on board staff too, especially the butler...Only loading the minibar once, not running round chasing different bottles of spirits, searching for non feather pillows, booking Tuscan.....

If this cruise is your first PH experience you will honestly love it! I think you are quite right to contact X if it gets near to cruise time and you have not heard anything....much better to be proactive than to board disgruntled!

Hope you have that call or email and it is all plain sailing....Let us know. Our next X cruise isn't until April so I will be looking for comments on shoreside concierge contact, like you I will be in touch with them if they don't contact me!

Edited by chemmo

The pitch, swing, GRAND SLAM!

Celebrity has really impressed us. We're not always cheerleaders. We speak up when there are issues. We report failuers (see above). As I've mentioned elsewhere, our suite is in nearly perfect confidion, everything we asked for was taken care of, with lots of care to get it right or offers if it wasn't perfect to adjust as needed. The items we had to ask for are so small as to be insignificant or impossible to anticiapte until we were in our cabin and when we did ask, the steward and butler were so fast to provide what we asked for.

I am not sure we could be more pleased. I hope BecT and LabGuy64 both have the same level of service and suite as we currently do.

Happy sailing from somewhere in the med west of Italy :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Celebrity has really impressed us. We're not always cheerleaders. We speak up when there are issues. We report failuers (see above). As I've mentioned elsewhere, our suite is in nearly perfect confidion, everything we asked for was taken care of, with lots of care to get it right or offers if it wasn't perfect to adjust as needed. The items we had to ask for are so small as to be insignificant or impossible to anticiapte until we were in our cabin and when we did ask, the steward and butler were so fast to provide what we asked for.

I am not sure we could be more pleased. I hope BecT and LabGuy64 both have the same level of service and suite as we currently do.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Jenna

I am so glad that it worked out for you. Have a great cruise.

I know that when the service does work, it can be a real boost to the start of your cruise. Examples that come to mine for us was: finding the butler was carrying our email and checking-off that everything was as we had requested, when I had explained that my preferred beverage in Michael's Club was "proper" champagne finding that they had upgraded our in-suite welcome bubbly to a good champagne, ...

Happy sailing,

Jenna

So pleased, Jenna....you feel you can now just relax and everything will sort itself by magic, which is the measure of true quality service.

As Sue says in the last post 'It is a real boost to the start of your holiday' when you get on board and feel that the staff are willing to go the extra mile (or inch if your requirements are not so great!).