Dsc refund question

luvtheships

They are not at all concerned about laundry and kitchen staff

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why don't kitchen and laundry staff (and general ship cleaning and maintenance for that matter) deserve to be paid just because your traveling companion overtipped specific people? My employer can't decide not to pay me for work I've done just because they gave someone else too big of a bonus.

Why don't kitchen and laundry staff (and general ship cleaning and maintenance for that matter) deserve to be paid just because your traveling companion overtipped specific people? My employer can't decide not to pay me for work I've done just because they gave someone else too big of a bonus.

Extract from the OP's opening post:

"Thanks....and no this is not a question about if dsc should or should not be removed or if crew does or does not get dsc

It's a question asking.....does Ncl acknowledge via email the receipt of the dsc removal request

Thanks again" ;)

I can't dictate what my travel companion feels

Ncl doesn't pay them?

I thought they all signed contracts and were paid by ncl

I didn't realize ncl didn't pay them

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm just off the Gem and just for fun I asked for the DSC removal form and all she gave me was a piece of paper saying...Yada Yada Yada...we are sorry you experienced etc etc

I asked where the form I needed to scan and attach was and she just said go to the link on the form she gave me

Again just for fun I went to the link upon returning home and all the info required is clearly presented for the pax to fill in...

And there it is.....a SUBMIT button

So I guess that's how it's done? Just fill out online and submit?

Again ...just for fun....as I like to know how ncl is operating these days regarding dsc removal

And nope....you DID NOT read anything at all in my post indicating I'm removing dsc....but you DID read that I would just like to know if online submission is the way it's working now versus paper form and email attachments

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You're on vacation and the employees on the ship are working hard to make sure you have a great time. So how about you leaving the DSC on for them as a thank you! Seems like your "companion" is one of those Groupon users that expect the entire store and not pay anything.

You're on vacation and the employees on the ship are working hard to make sure you have a great time. So how about you leaving the DSC on for them as a thank you! Seems like your "companion" is one of those Groupon users that expect the entire store and not pay anything.

Groupon really?

I don't think you have a clue how successful Groupon actually is but I digress

Oh and comparing a Groupon user to a pax that is entitled to remove dsc for a valid reason as per NCL policy is ridiculous.

I guess you didn't reactive entire thread

Overtipping a few specific workers isn't really a valid reason to remove the charge and stiff the other workers who worked hard to make the cruise enjoyable. You can't dictate what your companion feels, but you can certainly attempt to persuade her otherwise or decline to assist. The D in DSC stands for daily, not discretionary.

Overtipping a few specific workers isn't really a valid reason to remove the charge and stiff the other workers who worked hard to make the cruise enjoyable. You can't dictate what your companion feels, but you can certainly attempt to persuade her otherwise or decline to assist. The D in DSC stands for daily, not discretionary.

You are so so correct and some people just don't get it! Something fishy about this entire story!

You are so so correct and some people just don't get it! Something fishy about this entire story!

Why? We are still free to make personal decisions regarding dsc. My companion is fully aware

My traveling companion is old school and has that right to be

Ncl allows her to remove the $13.50

And she is....bottom line...she can and is and It really doesn't matter about others opinions

This thread was asking about email confirmation not opinions about removal

Btw it has been answered regarding email notification a few posts ago

Now the waiting game begins

If no notification or refund within the promised 2 weeks then I guess It gets stepped up a notch.

Edited by luvtheships

Btw I didn't post either way if I did or did not try to persuade her otherwise

Please don't make assumptions

Edited by luvtheships

You just can't stop can you? Something about "he doth protest to much"

Why don't you just call NCL and get your answer straight from the horses mouth? You got your answer here and still have you persist. I'll stick with the "fishy" feeling and that's my final comment on this "just doing it for an elderly" ya right sorry just don't buy it or believe it!

You just can't stop can you? Something about "he doth protest to much"

Why don't you just call NCL and get your answer straight from the horses mouth? You got your answer here and still have you persist. I'll stick with the "fishy" feeling and that's my final comment on this "just doing it for an elderly" ya right sorry just don't buy it or believe it!

They don't answer the phone that's why

And I'm not persisting I'm just responding to others who have commented on or quoted me

If I didn't do that then posters would comment that I didn't return to the thread. Lol

Edited by luvtheships

They give the ability to remove the service charge for people who feel the service they received was sub-par, not because people made a mistake and tipped a couple staff members too much. If the service was sub-par, by all means, reduce or remove the charge and specify who provided the unsatisfactory service. But by removing the service charge and directly tipping only the steward and main dining room attendant, you're stiffing people who are very underpaid for the very hard work they do.

They give the ability to remove the service charge for people who feel the service they received was sub-par, not because people made a mistake and tipped a couple staff members too much. If the service was sub-par, by all means, reduce or remove the charge and specify who provided the unsatisfactory service. But by removing the service charge and directly tipping only the steward and main dining room attendant, you're stiffing people who are very underpaid for the very hard work they do.

Where is that "LIKE" button!

LIKE BUTTON!!

Stiffing the entire crew is just wrong on so many levels.

Here's a scenario: I flew from Houston to Frankfurt and when we landed it was a hard landing. Now in reality this isn't possible but let's say it is just for a second. I send a email to the airline and say the entire flight crew, baggage crew, people who fueled the flight, catering, checkin attendant, cleaners and many more should be wage garnished and I should be entitled something back.

Or even better scenario: the passengers left their personal item onboard which was not recovered (implying more tip in your case) and everyone should be wage garnished.

For your info: In my previous comment I wasn't implying that Groupon was not a good or successful company. They clearly are but as a businessman I know how some of their customers expect the entire store for FREE.

It's like one in a thousand people you meet and wish you never met them.

This is clearly one of the reasons why DSC goes up because people pay it and then claim they paid too much and ask for 100% back.

DSC- refunds are really meant for sub-par service. Not because you tipped a person or two too much. In the Haven we tip butlers, concierge, room stuards and Haven restaurant staff on top of the DSC. You can't then send a email and ask for the prepaid amount back. That's just unethical and morally wrong. The fact that this thread is still going on is just shameful!

I agree, base it on service. If something was amiss, first try to take care of it. If not, name names. That way management can retrain those people or, ultimately, get rid of them.

Just because they receive it doesn't mean they approve it and you get your money back does it?

I was reading a thread on another board where someone wanted their service charge removed for various reasons, one being that their steak wasn't cooked properly. Their request was denied. And it was also denied by their credit card when they disputed it.

I don't recall if that person got a email receipt initially or not, but after a while (I think it was 6 weeks) they were told NO.

I don't know about "travel companions"... I travel with "friends" and "family".

If one of them asked me to check on DSC removal I would say "do it yourself, I don't condone it". If they persisted I would explain what it is and how it works. And if they further persisted they would ne "ex-friends".

even with what you said above you would have to receive bad service from every person you came across on the ship because by removing every staff member is affected. The best thing to do is complain to a supervisor immediately, if not resolved escalate to an officer and I can not imagine anything would not be resolved at this point