Upsell fairy called - was I crazy to turn it down

wikoffclan

First time Ever - the upsell fairy called and offered to move us up from an aft balcony to a forward Ocean Suite on Triumph for the Nov. 26 sailing. The cost was another $350, I turned it down. He kept emphasizing priority boarding and the whirlpool bathtub. Sounded nice. But it's my husband's first time in a balcony and I think he'll be happy with that. He prefers being near the Lido, the pools and the restaurants. Call me crazy. I'm feeling like I should have taken it cause I may never get another chance.

Oh well. Be aware the Upsell Fairy really does exist!

First time Ever - the upsell fairy called and offered to move us up from an aft balcony to a forward Ocean Suite on Triumph for the Nov. 26 sailing. The cost was another $350, I turned it down. He kept emphasizing priority boarding and the whirlpool bathtub. Sounded nice. But it's my husband's first time in a balcony and I think he'll be happy with that. He prefers being near the Lido, the pools and the restaurants. Call me crazy. I'm feeling like I should have taken it cause I may never get another chance.

It was a good deal, but the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Enjoy your balcony and your cruise.

You done good ! :D

I've been offered a couple upsells from Lido balcony to a suite on a lower deck but I really like the Lido location so I turned them down. So go ahead and enjoy your Lido balcony and money you did not spend.

I think you made the right choice. The bathtub is still super tiny, a whole bunch of strangers' dirty feet have been all over it, and it is much harder to climb into for a shower during rough seas or after drinks. And you will have a better view on the aft balcony!

I hate aft balconies... even when they are wrap around.. I would rather be in a regular balcony on Lido.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A lot of us love afts - balcony MUCH bigger -with most/some having loungers.

MUCH reduced foot traffic outside your cabin door.

Sitting there watching that blue wake - ahhhh..

Decent room to actually enjoy a nap on the balcony, and breakfast too.

But, it's a longer walk (stagger) back to the cabin, which can be a turn off for some people. It can have more vibrations.

To each his/her own. I'm glad there are people who don't like them :)

To the OP: I wouldn't trade my upcoming aft for a suite either. I love the balcony time way too much.

I think I read on CC here somewhere that the jetted tubs in suites have tons of crud still in the jets (someone was talking about bringing their own cleaner):eek: ewwww ewwww and ewwwww

So I think YOU did great keeping your aft balcony!

I hate aft balconies... even when they are wrap around.. I would rather be in a regular balcony on Lido.

I'm not a fan either and would have taken the deal BUT everyone has different likes and dislikes. I also prefer a regular balcony.

I think you made the right choice. The bathtub is still super tiny, a whole bunch of strangers' dirty feet have been all over it, and it is much harder to climb into for a shower during rough seas or after drinks. And you will have a better view on the aft balcony!

I don't mean this to be insulting but there won't be any more than what's been in the showers.

My daughter and I will be on that sailing. We have a Lido balcony, and I would have turned down the offer as well. I'm excited about our balcony and location. $350 would go along way for our two days before and two days after in NOLA. Can't wait! We fly in on Thanksgiving!