Arrival Appointment Time

avn2525

I was just completing my online check in for my Dec cruise on the Harmony and there is a section titled Arrival Appointment Time. It tells me to:

Choose a Smart Check-In time that works best for you. Consider any extra time you will need to accommodate travel arrangements made on the day of the sailing, including transit in taxis, airport shuttles, etc.

The earliest time available to choose was 12:30-1:00pm.

My question is- Do I have to wait until 12:30 to arrive? Or if I arrive earlier, will they let us in and get on?

We have sailed out of Fort Lauderdale and on other Oasis class ships and have not seen this before. We have to be checked out of the hotel at 11am so I am trying to figure out what our game plan will be.

So here's a related question:

Just did my Set Sail Pass for the 11/5 Harmony sailing. The Set Sail Pass information said that you will actually board with your Set Sail Pass, and that your Sea Pass will be waiting in an envelope at your cabin door. Are rooms still not available until 1:00, as usual with Royal? If so, and you check in at, say, 11:30, but cannot access your room to get your Sea Pass until 1:00, how do you buy a drink in the meantime? Or a spa appointment? Or an internet package or whatever? Will the bar code on the Set Sail Pass work the way a Sea Pass does?

Just did my Set Sail Pass for the 11/5 Harmony sailing. The Set Sail Pass information said that you will actually board with your Set Sail Pass, and that your Sea Pass will be waiting in an envelope at your cabin door. Are rooms still not available until 1:00, as usual with Royal? If so, and you check in at, say, 11:30, but cannot access your room to get your Sea Pass until 1:00, how do you buy a drink in the meantime? Or a spa appointment? Or an internet package or whatever? Will the bar code on the Set Sail Pass work the way a Sea Pass does?

You will use your Set Sail Pass for purchases.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes you use your set sail pass, this is why each person has their own. This is how check in has been working on Quantum class ships. We were not totally comfortable with it pre cruise but it worked out fine.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Yes, at most ports this is true. However, since HOTS has never sailed from the US at this point, there may be a change to the usual procedure. That is what we will have to wait and see when she begins sailing from Port Everglades.

It's not true at all...when you get there, if boarding has started, just get in line. If boarding hasn't started, those with "VIP" status, suites and those with early boarding times will be ahead of you...but you can STILL get in line and board before your "appointment"...(Lol..that's the funniest term for starting a vacation I've ever heard!)

They do NOT hold you to the time...they are simply trying to spread out the crowd.

Yes you use your set sail pass, this is why each person has their own. This is how check in has been working on Quantum class ships. We were not totally comfortable with it pre cruise but it worked out fine.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Thanks, that's what I figured but wasn't sure. We sailed on Quantum when she was brand new and I didn't remember if that's how it worked then or not.