Canvas By U!

iamaqt2

In going through the recent Mexican Riviera Dailies, it appears there is a paint program activity called Canvas by U! Is this similar to the Paint Night activities that have become so popular in local pubs and restaurants? And if anyone has done it, can you please advise on the additional cost? And did you feel it was worth the price?

Thanks!

• 11 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread but didn't want to start a new one and this came up when I did a search...does anyone know if this activity has rolled out to the fleet? DH and I will be on the 11 day 10/26 Jade out of NY and we love doing these on date nights...with 5 sea days this would be a great thing to do and since we are driving home after we dock in Miami no worries about flying with them.

Sorry to revive an old thread but didn't want to start a new one and this came up when I did a search...does anyone know if this activity has rolled out to the fleet? DH and I will be on the 11 day 10/26 Jade out of NY and we love doing these on date nights...with 5 sea days this would be a great thing to do and since we are driving home after we dock in Miami no worries about flying with them.

It was not on the Jade last October on transatlantic cruise with lots of sea days.

Can’t say for sure on your specific cruise. We have done it on both the Breakaway and the Sky (with no sea days) this summer.

Watch for the sign up time/location on embarkation day. Fills up fast.

We did it twice on the Breakaway. Skim through our link to find examples of the type of the art https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2504449

Posts 43 and 150

Edited by BirdTravels

In going through the recent Mexican Riviera Dailies, it appears there is a paint program activity called Canvas by U! Is this similar to the Paint Night activities that have become so popular in local pubs and restaurants? And if anyone has done it, can you please advise on the additional cost? And did you feel it was worth the price?

Thanks!

I have done it on two different NCL ships. I never did the paint night parties, from what I have read they are very similar.

I forgot exact amount but it was no more than $39.00

My DD and I did it on our last cruise on the Jewel. It was $35, and fun, although I doubt I will do it again. I do have a nice painting on my dresser from it, though. Looks like different ships have different scenes. Our upcoming Sky offers it, as evidenced by the Dailies post by BirdTravels (thanks, again!) Check on your specific ship on CC; someone usually posts dailies for an earlier sailing to the same destination. Some, like BirdT. also post pix of the actual artwork.