Holiday Cruises

Gr8daze

Certainly don't know for your dates, but my 2015 Christmas/New Year's Cruise on the Prinsendam met and exceeded my Holiday expectations!

The ship was nicely decorated. Upon leaving Port Everglades, there was a tree-lighting ceremony in the forward Atrium with Hot Chocolate and Christmas Cookies and the Cast and some of the Crew singing Carols along with the guests.

Christmas Day had some special programs and New Year's Eve on the Prinsendam was an absolute BLAST! At least, for this Senior Citizen. It was the most enjoyable New Year's Eve I have had in years. So much so, that my traveling companion and I have booked the Nieuw Amsterdam's New Year's Cruise for this year.

Certainly don't know for your dates, but my 2015 Christmas/New Year's Cruise on the Prinsendam met and exceeded my Holiday expectations!

The ship was nicely decorated. Upon leaving Port Everglades, there was a tree-lighting ceremony in the forward Atrium with Hot Chocolate and Christmas Cookies and the Cast and some of the Crew singing Carols along with the guests.

Christmas Day had some special programs and New Year's Eve on the Prinsendam was an absolute BLAST! At least, for this Senior Citizen. It was the most enjoyable New Year's Eve I have had in years. So much so, that my traveling companion and I have booked the Nieuw Amsterdam's New Year's Cruise for this year.

We did the same Prinsendam cruise a year or two before you and also loved it. I went in to it thinking that it wouldn't be much and I was wrong.

As far as the OP and cruising the week before, I don't know if there would be much - other than nice decorations like others have already said.

Have never cruised over Christmas, which we prefer to spent with the kids & grand kids. We do have a New Years cruise booked this year with our great grand daughter. My first cruise was a new years cruise in '79 & have done a couple since then. They where all done up great with a great party that night.

Allan

It's nice to see so many extended families on Christmas cruises. They're all sitting together in the MDR chatting and laughing. It's a wonderful sight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

I also enjoy seeing families wearing matching shirts that they had printed up special for the cruise - like "2016 Smith Family Christmas Cruise" or whatever the occasion is. I know some of you might be rolling your eyes about this but I happen to think it's such a festive/special thing to do.

I also enjoy seeing families wearing matching shirts that they had printed up special for the cruise - like "2016 Smith Family Christmas Cruise" or whatever the occasion is. I know some of you might be rolling your eyes about this but I happen to think it's such a festive/special thing to do.

We enjoy it very much. One thing I notice on every Christmas cruise is the vibe. It's a better, happy atmosphere. It's impossible to describe but it is very different from other cruises. [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

Edited by JimAOk1945