Question about Reflection

Terre

It's been a while since we've sailed on Celebrity and I have a question.

I like to make thank you cards for the cabin stewards and any assistants, as well as the waiters, to put their extra tip in. It has Thank You in many different languages.

My question is, on the Reflection do the cabin stewards have assistants? It seems that every year the assistants become non-existant and I don't want to make a card for them if there aren't any.

Thanks so much for your input.

I like to make thank you cards for the cabin stewards and any assistants, as well as the waiters, to put their extra tip in. It has Thank You in many different languages.

What a neat idea! I'd love to see a photo of your card!

What a neat idea! I'd love to see a photo of your card!

Sorry about the hijacking, here ya go:

Outside:

outside2.jpg

Inside:

inside2.jpg

I make one for each person, i.e., cabin steward, waiter, assistant waiter, and favorite bartender. Office Depot has envelopes to fit. I created them in PowerPoint and then cut them down to fit the envelope.

Be my guest at copying the idea. Everyone we give one to loves them.

It's been a while since we've sailed on Celebrity and I have a question.

Thanks so much for your input.

Terre, I think that is a nice gesture and want to add something that I learned from CC. During the cruise, if you encounter exceptional service, call it out with one of the comment cards from guest services. It seems to carry a good amount of weight because our butler mentioned that the hotel director told him about a card we filled out commending his service. Others have mentioned they get additional bonuses from it.

Terre, I think that is a nice gesture and want to add something that I learned from CC. During the cruise, if you encounter exceptional service, call it out with one of the comment cards from guest services. It seems to carry a good amount of weight because our butler mentioned that the hotel director told him about a card we filled out commending his service. Others have mentioned they get additional bonuses from it.

Yes, we do that on other cruises and will certainly do it on this one. I believe in letting people and their supervisors know what a great job they do. Thank you for letting me know that X does this as well.

Once after a Carnival cruise, I emailed the CEO about a particular crew member. He forwarded my email to that crew member and the crew member emailed me thanking me! That made ME feel good!:D

During the cruise, if you encounter exceptional service, call it out with one of the comment cards from guest services. It seems to carry a good amount of weight because our butler mentioned that the hotel director told him about a card we filled out commending his service. Others have mentioned they get additional bonuses from it.

We have been told over and over by the staff on Celebrity that cash tips are much appreciated, but a positive comment card has much more long term ramifications for them in terms of raises, promotions, and bonuses.

We always comment lavishly through comment cards for outstanding service while onboard Celebrity - which is easy to do. Wonderful staff!!!!!!!! The best!

Sorry about the hijacking, here ya go:

Outside:

outside2.jpg

Inside:

inside2.jpg

I make one for each person, i.e., cabin steward, waiter, assistant waiter, and favorite bartender. Office Depot has envelopes to fit. I created them in PowerPoint and then cut them down to fit the envelope.

Be my guest at copying the idea. Everyone we give one to loves them.

Thank you so much for sharing the photos! I love your cards! I might just try to make some, but I doubt they will look as great as yours!

Tommy-

Does Reflection have the new wine blending activity? I think it's called Blentique???

We'll be on the Relection in just 10 days, but she'll be in the Caribbean by then.

Hope you can give us the info.

Not sure what you're asking regarding blending activity. But I also haven't monitored all the ship activities regularly.

Cellar Masters has the self serve wine machines. Use your sea pass to get a glass. Note that these wines are not covered by classic or premium bev packages.

Thanks Tommy- the wine blending is a new thing that X is starting. You get a personalized blend of wine with your name on the label. They might not have gotten it started yet, but we figured the Reflection might get it first.

Thought they took all the wine machines out. We usually just use the bar in Cellar Masters.

After your TA, we have one week before we get on. Leave her in great shape. Hope you're enjoying the ship.

Rose-Linda

I see my photos have disappeared...for anyone who doesn't mind posting your e-mail address, I'll be glad to send you my document. It was created in PowerPoint.

I print tehmon a light weight card stock.

I see my photos have disappeared...for anyone who doesn't mind posting your e-mail address, I'll be glad to send you my document. It was created in PowerPoint.

I print tehmon a light weight card stock.

Well, now why would your pictures disappear???? Hmmmm. I'd love it if you sent me the doc by email :) My email address is: skoeper@bellsouth.net.

Thank you!

We were on the Reflection this summer in the Med. Our steward did have an assistant although we never saw him.

Also, there were some posts about emails commending exceptional service from the staff. Perhaps X should follow RCI and give out "Wow Cards". Royal gives you a Wow Card on embarkation for you to reward outstanding service and you give it to that person (or drop it off at Guest Services) at the end of the cruise. I believe that they turn it in for bonuses, etc. Probably helps with promotions as well.

We were on the Reflection this summer in the Med. Our steward did have an assistant although we never saw him.

Also, there were some posts about emails commending exceptional service from the staff. Perhaps X should follow RCI and give out "Wow Cards". Royal gives you a Wow Card on embarkation for you to reward outstanding service and you give it to that person (or drop it off at Guest Services) at the end of the cruise. I believe that they turn it in for bonuses, etc. Probably helps with promotions as well.

Hi Bobby, while they do not hand them out during embarkation (that I recall) they do have them available at guest relations. Not Wow Cards but it sounds pretty much the same as what you describe. From other posters comments they do receive perks and other bonuses. Forgot to mention that you receive a confirmation letter of receipt from the hotel director.

Not sure what you're asking regarding blending activity. But I also haven't monitored all the ship activities regularly.

Cellar Masters has the self serve wine machines. Use your sea pass to get a glass. Note that these wines are not covered by classic or premium bev packages.

Seen the blending on Reflection wine tasting: pooring reds into whites, because the guy like to have rosé :)

What a brilliant idea, I make hand made cards as much as time permits, but this idea is outstanding.

How lovely to take the time to do this, well done.

Thank you. It's a little hard since my printer doesn't print duplex, but I don't mind. I'm sure your hand made cards are beautiful and those take time as well!

Seen the blending on Reflection wine tasting: pooring reds into whites, because the guy like to have rosé :)

Thanks MarkusToe. We'll look for the wine activities and maybe check with Cellar Masters. We have one week before we're on board!

We need to try this if they offer it. I'm always mixing what's left in my glass with a different wine. DH thinks that's sacrilegious but seems that I'm cool before it was even cool! Now I just have to prove it by taking him to a blending, lol.