NCL the winner for me!

I have sailed NCL 4 times in the recent past. Just got off RCCL, OASIS and I noticed I kept saying NCL is better in comparison to Royal.

I sailed on the OASIS because I took a seminar on the ship. It's the little things I noticed that will keep me on NCL

Upon embarkation, I felt "dumped" into the dark promenade deck. Actually, I called it a "cluster______" Anyway, when walking on a NCL ship, nice live music is playing, a sense of wonder of a shiny atrium is beautiful

I noticed the food is better on NCL. The food on Royal was kind of bland

Beds on NCL much nicer, I had to ask my cabin steward on OASIS for an egg crate topper. That mattress was hard

The buffet flow on NCL much better than OASIS.

I had a nice time on the OASIS, I just noticed small things that make a difference for my choice in cruise line

Thanks. I used to want to try Allure or Oasis (I love big ships) but keep booking Epic. Of course, others may not share your viewpoint, but you shared a few points in which I'm particularly interested.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

While NCL is surely our favorite line, I disagree with the embarkation being better on NCL, at least the newer ships. You don't even board to the atrium anymore. After a gangway with music and few balloons, you go through crew only all steel areas with their stair cases roped off, then out into the middle of nowhere. It's one the things I like least about NCL.

While NCL is surely our favorite line, I disagree with the embarkation being better on NCL, at least the newer ships. You don't even board to the atrium anymore. After a gangway with music and few balloons, you go through crew only all steel areas with their stair cases roped off, then out into the middle of nowhere. It's one the things I like least about NCL.

Exactly. It has been years since NCL did that!

Maybe it depends on the port? For NCL so far, I've only embarked in NY but always right into the Atrium.

We've only sailed NCL and now that we are Platinum and will retain those perks, I feel like I might branch out and try something else to see what I'm missing.

But I'm so used to things on NCL that I'll probably have too much "conditioned" bias when trying to give another line a fair shake. I also remember one of my NCL cruises where the food was pretty lousy (don't know if it was the ship or just an off cruise), so hate to judge another line on one cruise alone.

At any rate, I'm glad it reconfirmed a lot of the things you love about NCL!

I was the exact same way when I went on Carnival a few weeks back. I also found myself comparing everything to NCL. Maybe we are spoiled...idk. But I gave Carnival a try for the ports. Now that the cruise is over, I realized maybe the ports aren't so important anymore. Lol. The next day I came back home I booked the Escape for October 2017.

We tend to get comfortable in the things that we are use to. Do I think Carnival was horrible? Nah. Do I think it could've been better? Of course. Lol. But I'd rather cruise NCL any day. So, here's to the same ports next year that I've done multiple times! At this point I'm adding a new ship to my list!

I was the exact same way when I went on Carnival a few weeks back. I also found myself comparing everything to NCL. Maybe we are spoiled...idk. But I gave Carnival a try for the ports. Now that the cruise is over, I realized maybe the ports aren't so important anymore. Lol. The next day I came back home I booked the Escape for October 2017.

We tend to get comfortable in the things that we are use to. Do I think Carnival was horrible? Nah. Do I think it could've been better? Of course. Lol. But I'd rather cruise NCL any day. So, here's to the same ports next year that I've done multiple times! At this point I'm adding a new ship to my list!

Oh how I hope you are right! We are trying out NCL for the first time in over 10 years. Sailed mostly with Carnival and Princess. Hoping I fall in love with NCL since Carnivals entertainment has gone to virtually no entertainment.

Oh how I hope you are right! We are trying out NCL for the first time in over 10 years. Sailed mostly with Carnival and Princess. Hoping I fall in love with NCL since Carnivals entertainment has gone to virtually no entertainment.

I also hope that you fall in love with NCL. Keep in mind that everyone is different. What I love and think is better might not be for you. So I am speaking from my experience. I know people who eat, sleep, and breath, Carnival. Simply because most of them have not tried NCL or another line. Maybe if I would've sailed Carnival first my experience would've been a little different. I went on there expecting a NCL type of cruise and that's not what I got. But, I did have a good time with my family and that's all that matters.

Been on carnival, ncl, and celebrity. My favorite embarkation was celebrity. Welcomed by servers w trays of champagne/mimosas everywhere we went. Don't ever recall where in the ship we enter cause we always jump on the elevators and make a bee-line for the buffet!