Photos of the Owner's Suite on Viking Star

Spaniel Lover

I'm on the Viking Star this week for the West Indies Explorer itinerary, and was lucky enough to be given a few minutes to photograph the owner's suite today. I thought I'd share the photos with you.

I should emphasize that I'm NOT staying in the owner's suite... I just was given access for a few minutes to take these photos! The owner's suite is the largest and most expensive suite on the ship, and definitely not in my price range.

I'm told that the owner of Viking Ocean Cruises, Torstein Hagen, only comes aboard and stays in the owner's suite an average of once or twice a year. When he and his family don't have it reserved, it can be booked like any other cabin onboard. I asked if sometimes passengers are upgraded to the owner's suite, and the answer was no. This seems to be validated by the fact that the suite was unoccupied today, which made it possible for me to arrange a photo session.

Enjoy the photos...

OwnersSuiteLivingRoom-IMG_2924.JPG

The living room

On the other side of the curtains is a long balcony, which I forgot to photograph.

OwnersSuiteLivingRoom-IMG_2927.JPG

The books in the bookcase were personally selected by Mr. Hagen

OwnersSuiteLivingRoom-IMG_2937.JPG

From this angle, you can see the dining room which is attached to the living room

OwnersSuiteDiningRoom-IMG_2926.JPG

A closer look at the dining room

OwnersSuiteDiningRoom-IMG_2925.JPG

On the right, there is a pass-through to a small kitchen

OwnersSuiteKitchen-IMG_2940.JPG

In the kitchen are a small oven, refrigerator, sink, and coffee maker.

Real meals, of course, are brought up from the ship's restaurants.

OwnersSuiteBedroom-IMG_2919.JPG

Here is a look at the master bedroom.

Again, there's a balcony on the other side of the curtains, but I forgot to photograph it.

OwnersSuiteBedroom-IMG_2923.JPG

A slightly different view of the master bedroom

OwnersSuiteCloset-IMG_2918.JPG

The walk-in closet, located off the master bedroom

OwnersSuiteBathroom-IMG_2920.JPG

There are THREE restrooms in the owner's suite.

This is the master bathroom, located off the master bedroom.

OwnersSuiteBathroom-IMG_2922.JPG

Looking at it from another angle, which shows the master bedroom

OwnersSuiteSauna-IMG_2921.JPG

Attached to the master bathroom is a private sauna,

with a view looking off the side of the ship.

OwnersSuiteConferenceRoom-IMG_2929.JPG

The owner's suite also has its own conference room, where the owner can have meetings with the ship's officers.

Note the (fake, but very realistic-looking) fireplace.

On the other side of the fireplace is the Explorer's lounge.

If you visit the Explorer's lounge and sit next to the fireplace,

you can actually look in to the conference room of the owner's suite.

OwnersSuiteConferenceRoom-IMG_2931.JPG

A slightly different view of the conference room.

I suspect (but do not know for sure) that the couch is actually a sofa bed.

My tour guide mentioned that when the owner stays in the suite, his children are with him.

Since there is only one real bedroom in the owner's suite,

I suspect that all couches actually open up to become beds.

Those are my photos of the owner's suite. I hope you've enjoyed them! I asked to shoot some video, too... but the ship's management was uncomfortable with that. So, we agreed to just stick with photos.

I'll be posting a full review of my 10-day Caribbean cruise on Viking Star a few weeks from now... right here in the Viking Ocean Cruises section of Cruise Critic. It will just take me a few weeks to get all the photos and videos edited and put together in to a cohesive review.

I've enjoyed my cruise on the Viking Star, and have found it comparable in many ways to a stay with The Haven on Norwegian Cruise Line. More about that, plus many other comparisons and a strong emphasis on what's so unique about a Viking Ocean Cruise... in my upcoming review.

In the mean time, please feel free to read about other cruises I've taken by clicking on the links in my signature, below.

We will be on the West Indies Explorer in a few weeks so we are anxiously awaiting your review as it does not appear that anyone on the first sailing has posted a review yet. Any information that you provide will be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures of the Owner's Suite. It is certainly out of our price range.

We will be on the West Indies Explorer in a few weeks so we are anxiously awaiting your review as it does not appear that anyone on the first sailing has posted a review yet. Any information that you provide will be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures of the Owner's Suite. It is certainly out of our price range.

Ditto!

So pleased to hear you enjoyed your trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the beautiful photos. Anxious for your review, too, as we leave on 11/27!