Wine included in the ubp?

sad549s

This summer (2016) unfortunately they narrowed the wine-by-the-glass selection down to just a few types:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49227301&postcount=37

Yes, NCL eliminated a huge number of choices on their wine by glass for the beverage package. We had the promo on our Alaska cruise. I would NEVER pay for this promo. The chardonnay was the only wine that I liked on the wine list under the package. The cab, shiraz and merlot were just not that good. I can be very happy with table wine, but NCL really messed up here.

Can you pay the difference for "better" wines by the glass?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

there aren't any "better" wines by the glass. The ones listed here are the only wines by the glass- to get "better" wine you have to buy the whole bottle (with a 20%n discount). While on the topic though, does anyone have the list of complimentary bottles that are available with the Platinum complimentary dinner in LeBistro or LaCucina?

Does anyone have a menu of the wines by the glass that are currently included in the ubp? Thanks

The wine lists posted by Trumpy were still current on our Pearl Panama cruise last month. I had the Prosecco a few times, very nice but for reds We liked the Malbec, and I think so did many other folks as most of the bars ran out of it towards the end of the cruise.

It was odd though, sometimes one bar would not have it but another one would, more a problem of bar stocks and resupply I think.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were disappointed in the choices. DH likes red wines: zinfandels, merlots, pinot noir and syrahs. The only one we liked was the pinot. We could buy a bottle of the Blackstone Merlot at home for about the price of a glass on the ship, so it's a very inexpensive wine. It would have been nice to have other choices. It didn't affect our cruise and the UBP was included as a perk, so it wasn't the end of the world, but it seemed a little chintzy on NCL's part.

This is very disappointing.

Another option is to pony up for a bottle or switch to mixed drinks or beer that will still be covered under the UBP.

Another option is to sail on another line that has a better drinks package like the premium package on Celebrity or the regular package on Carnival, that covers all drinks up to a 50.00 value. There are Coke lovers willing to jump ship off of NCL, maybe there will be higher end wine lovers that will do the same.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

When we booked our upcoming Jade cruise quite some time ago, I looked at the lists of available wines by the glass and thought "hmm- not great, but reasonable enough, and I am happy with the perk of UBP that I am getting for the price I am paying, and besides, what's not to be a little happy about when someone else is doing the cooking and cleaning and bringing me glasses of wine!"

But now seeing this very, very limited list makes it harder for me to muster much enthusiasm at all. I like cocktails OK but with my meals I definitely prefer wine. I guess I'll try some of these and see, who knows, I might be pleasantly surprised... but I am not optimistic.

We enjoyed the UBP as a perk for the cocktails but brought our preferred dinner wines (6 total: hey, don't judge. It was an 11 day cruise!).

The $15 per bottle corkage fee was worth it to have the wines we like, and since I work in the wine industry most of our wines were free or heavily discounted anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums