NCL Sky safe sizes?

bookbabe

Does anyone know how big the in-cabin safes are on the Sky? What's the biggest tablet or laptop people have heard of fitting?

DH wants to bring his iPad Pro but I'm worried it won't fit in the safe. Thanks!

Thanks, I'll have him bring a regular iPad instead. We feel strongly about locking valuables in the safe after having them stolen in a Disney hotel years ago. If your room can be robbed at Disney, it can be robbed anywhere. Why leave temptation lying around?

Thanks, I'll have him bring a regular iPad instead. We feel strongly about locking valuables in the safe after having them stolen in a Disney hotel years ago. If your room can be robbed at Disney, it can be robbed anywhere. Why leave temptation lying around?

Leave all your valuables locked in a bank vault and less worry.

Leave all your valuables locked in a bank vault and less worry.

Not worrying at all. Just trying to figure out the safe dimensions so we know which iPads to bring. They do have those safes in the cabins for a reason, after all.

Not worrying at all. Just trying to figure out the safe dimensions so we know which iPads to bring. They do have those safes in the cabins for a reason, after all.

Good idea! Never been on the Sky but will be next Feb.

Personally I would lock it up, along with credit cards/wallet/purse, cell phones not in use, jewelry, anything of value. Most ship safes we've used allow me to put a Macbook 13" in them but not anything bigger.

Years ago we had a camera stolen (pre smart phones) on a cruise. Got the big run around that no one would steal anything from the cabin, knew it was stolen as we left it while going to the hot tubs, came back and gone. Last evening so even though we reported it immediately by disembarkation no news... then as we are basically leaving a security guard handed us the camera (without film) and stated it was found on the Lido deck late last night. He said we must have left it there and it was NOT stolen from the cabin. We were happy to get the expensive camera (which we had borrowed!) back but lost some really good pics. Was not the time to argue as we are walking off but it sure made out minds up about locking stuff up!

Years ago we had a camera stolen (pre smart phones) on a cruise. Got the big run around that no one would steal anything from the cabin, knew it was stolen as we left it while going to the hot tubs, came back and gone. Last evening so even though we reported it immediately by disembarkation no news... then as we are basically leaving a security guard handed us the camera (without film) and stated it was found on the Lido deck late last night. He said we must have left it there and it was NOT stolen from the cabin. We were happy to get the expensive camera (which we had borrowed!) back but lost some really good pics. Was not the time to argue as we are walking off but it sure made out minds up about locking stuff up!

Wow, that's awful! I haven't had anything stolen from my cabin but once I came back from the pool to find our cabin door propped open for cleaning and the steward nowhere in sight. After maybe 5 minutes or so, she came back. Who knows who could have walked in from the hallway during that time and taken something! So now I lock everything up. I can't seem to convince my husband though. He tends to leave his cell phone out.

Wow, that's awful! I haven't had anything stolen from my cabin but once I came back from the pool to find our cabin door propped open for cleaning and the steward nowhere in sight. After maybe 5 minutes or so, she came back. Who knows who could have walked in from the hallway during that time and taken something! So now I lock everything up. I can't seem to convince my husband though. He tends to leave his cell phone out.

This happens more than people realize. So that iPad may have no interest to a steward but someone walking by?