Cagneys Menu changes

Whitnee1

Wait a second...no more Oreo cheesecake? [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. it disappeared when the new menus were introduced a year ago. There are now only a few of ships left with the old menus, and I imagine they will be changing soon.

Cagney's menu IMO is the best now in my last 5 cruises. 29 Oz Tomahawk rib chop, 32 oz Porterhouse, 32 oz Bone-in Prime Rib. For a steak house NOT to have them was a downer... Now they do have them. And for us they were perfectly served as ordered med-rare and well seasoned. We went twice. As I go for the steak, I never have room for dessert so I cannot comment on those. The sautéed Broccoli is awesome, I recommend ordering 2 servings, they are small sides.

Cagney's menu IMO is the best now in my last 5 cruises. 29 Oz Tomahawk rib chop, 32 oz Porterhouse, 32 oz Bone-in Prime Rib. For a steak house NOT to have them was a downer... Now they do have them. And for us they were perfectly served as ordered med-rare and well seasoned. We went twice. As I go for the steak, I never have room for dessert so I cannot comment on those. The sautéed Broccoli is awesome, I recommend ordering 2 servings, they are small sides.

I had tomahawk last week, wife had the bone in prime rib.

Both were ridiculously large and delicious but our eyes were bigger than our stomachs. Both cuts make dessert impossible to consider.

The creamed spinach was tiny. Thankfully so.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

whether disappointed or not seems to depend more on your sweet tooth. Hubby loves desserts, but often is too full after a dinner in a specialty dining room to order and I am not a dessert eater that much. Give me the meat and salads, I am happy. For some missing one thing is a downer, for others it depends on what has replaced the missing item. We are looking forward to Cagney's next week on the epic.

whether disappointed or not seems to depend more on your sweet tooth. Hubby loves desserts, but often is too full after a dinner in a specialty dining room to order and I am not a dessert eater that much. Give me the meat and salads, I am happy. For some missing one thing is a downer, for others it depends on what has replaced the missing item. We are looking forward to Cagney's next week on the epic.

If you like the meat aspect of Cagney's, and it is similar on the Epic as was on Breakaway last week, I do not think you will be disappointed. Also I feel Moderno has the best salad bar aboard ship.

Had the Australian Double pork chop last Thursday on the Escape. Best meal I have had in 13 cruises. AMAZING.

Had the New York strip last Sunday and it wasnt quite as good as what I have had in the past in Cagneys. But the apps and starters were still great.

No room for dessert here either.

As I go for the steak, I never have room for dessert so I cannot comment on those.
After enjoying my Tomahawk back in August, I perused the dessert menu and nothing really looked appealing. Ended up ordering some vanilla ice cream and a couple of spoonfuls with my cup of coffee was the perfect ending to a great meal. Was kicking myself for not ordering a Bailey's through the UBP for my coffee.[emoji3]

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

They are ok with giving you to-go containers? I know people have mentioned that they don't do this at O'Sheehan's anymore.

My mother can never finish her meal in one sitting but likes to nibble at it later. They just brought her a dish cover and she took it back to the room. Same with dessert. No take out containers but they'll bring it to you on a covered dish.

Thanks for posting the Escape menu but we are specifically looking for the Gem menu. I had read in other posts that the Escape menus are different... does anyone know if that is still true?

Edited by lgdesign