What ships have the Thirsty Frog Vending machines?

nealstuber

I think the taps are only on the Sunshine (which I have enjoyed) and also on the Vista

(which I hope to enjoy next month). I have not heard of any other ship having them although on the Magic the Red Frog Pub was a lot of fun but had to pay bar price for the Thirsty Frog Red.

One word of caution, I spent a lot of time there on the Vista this summer. Some people don't know how to use the tap and they will pull it without swiping their card. The problem is they leave without putting the tap back so the next person puts there card in and beer comes out right away.

Jimbo,

On the Vista, do the taps pour the "Craft-beer brewed-on-board" brews or just Bud's marketing version of a red ale?

Hmmmm, you are stretching my memory capacity. I believe (and if I am wrong someone will correct me) there was an IPA and the red ale.

Hmmmm, you are stretching my memory capacity. I believe (and if I am wrong someone will correct me) there was an IPA and the red ale.

Thanks Jimbo. An IPA would be a nice addition.

I like the "Frog Beer".

BUT, how many ounces is in a pour? And how much $. ?

I'll find out the answers to both in a couple of months. But even a 10/12 oz pour at $4 would be in line with most taproom prices at craft breweries.

Edited by crewsweeper

Thanks Jimbo. An IPA would be a nice addition.

I'll find out the answers to both in a couple of months. But even a 10/12 oz pour at $4 would be in line with most taproom prices at craft breweries.

We just got of the Vista TA...a week ago today now that I think about it!!

Though there is a ship brewed IPA that can be available at the RFP bar, the PYOB stations at the tables offer the Thirsty Frog Red and a Thirsty Frog Caribbean Wheat...pretty sure the Red is always be there, but not sure if they change out the Wheat Brew, but the wheat was there the entire cruise.

The brewery "tour" was a good time....

I like the "Frog Beer".

BUT, how many ounces is in a pour? And how much $. ?

The Miller Lite machine on the Ecstasy was $3.95 for the 14 oz. glass, or 28 cents per oz. I took a picture of it. I can't recall what the ThirstyFrog Red was, but I want to say it was around $4.25 or $4.50 for 14 oz.?

I tried the PYOB tap on the Sunshine last year. The beer had a terrible off-taste that indicated the tap was in dire need of cleaning. (Luckily, the bartender at the Havana Bar was good enough to pour me another from his tap with no charge).