Does Oasis feel crowded

We did not feel crowded on Oasis except on embarkation day when only a few eating places were open. Otherwise, with all the different neighborhoods, we said several times that it was hard to remember there were so many people on board. I still prefer the slightly smaller ships like Freedom but only because I am so ADD and Oasis class makes me feel like there is so much to do and so little time to do it. Remember to check and see what other alternatives you have for boarding day lunch and you can avoid some of the crowds. Everyone including us wanted to get into Park Cafe for the roast beef sandwich, one of our favorite things. But, solarium cafe is open, as well as the promenade restaurants just to suggest a few. I think you will love the ship if you love activities the ships are gorgeous!

We are just off a B2B on Oasis, and I would say it depends on where you want to hang out. I found that the Boardwalk and Promenade were often crowded, but Central Park seldom was, especially at night. So I avoided the first two and enjoyed CP in the evening. We only set foot in the Windammer once and it was a cluster you-know-what because IMO it's poorly laid out.

We also didn't go to the MDR, so I can't comment how well that worked (or didn't).

The only time Windjammer is crowded is if you show up at the same time as everyone else... :D

In simpler terms, you can certainly eat at the Windjammer and it's nearly empty. Try eating breakfast just a tad earlier. We had gone in fairly early a couple of times and it was darn near empty. Throughout our cruise on Oasis, we had to wait for a table in Windjammer exactly zero times.

Plus, there are other great options like the MDR and Johnny Rockets for breakfast.

As others have said, the ship does not feel crowded at all. It's really quite amazing, actually. Many times it felt nearly empty. ALWAYS seats available at bars and things to do.

Edited by BNBR

For us the Oasis class ships felt most crowded (as compared to our cruises on a few Voyager and Freedom class ships.) Pools, WindJammer, elevators and shows were trouble spots.

Personally I disagree.

I think it feels less crowded than Voyager & Freedom class. It is much easier to find a quiet spot. Central Park & on Harmony the Wonderland bar are areas you will rarely see a crowd in the evening.

Sure it gets crowded on occasions e.g. after shows but overall I have been on much more crowded smaller ships

The only time Windjammer is crowded is if you show up at the same time as everyone else... :D

In simpler terms, you can certainly eat at the Windjammer and it's nearly empty. Try eating breakfast just a tad earlier. We had gone in fairly early a couple of times and it was darn near empty. Throughout our cruise on Oasis, we had to wait for a table in Windjammer exactly zero times.

Plus, there are other great options like the MDR and Johnny Rockets for breakfast.

As others have said, the ship does not feel crowded at all. It's really quite amazing, actually. Many times it felt nearly empty. ALWAYS seats available at bars and things to do.

The first time we went on Allure they managed the tables in Windjammer. You waited at the door and they showed you to the next clear table. never waited more than 2 minutes.

Not sure why they don't do this all the time. Nothing more frustrating than seeing a table for 8 with 2 people sitting on it

We have on several occasions asked to "share" a large table occupied by 2 or 3 people and never were we turned away. We met some really nice people that way. Sometimes when you are going through the line the only table available is a larger top. I feel like most people would be willing to share if they have taken a larger table for their small party...I know we would!

We have on several occasions asked to "share" a large table occupied by 2 or 3 people and never were we turned away. We met some really nice people that way. Sometimes when you are going through the line the only table available is a larger top. I feel like most people would be willing to share if they have taken a larger table for their small party...I know we would!

I think you right most people will share but I suspect most of us hesitate in asking. Would be much easier if they managed the tables

The first time we went on Allure they managed the tables in Windjammer. You waited at the door and they showed you to the next clear table. never waited more than 2 minutes.

Not sure why they don't do this all the time. Nothing more frustrating than seeing a table for 8 with 2 people sitting on it

When Windjammer got busy on Oasis, they managed it very well. The wait staff and management were extremely active. It just never seemed like an issue. Though we never had to wait in line, it wasn't a long line either for those that did.

They also served alcohol plenty fast, which was nice. We had an amazing time on Oasis. Our only gripe was that the staff often had an "eh" vibe - they didn't run over and get you drinks, etc. etc. When we sailed Carnival last month, it was a world of difference. But I'd still take Oasis class any day.

The ship sails at full capacity virtually all the time.

I felt the most crowded at muster. That's when I felt like I was in the midst of 6000+ people. Windjammer for breakfast or lunch can be crowded. When a show gets out, it can feel crowded for a short time. Other than those times, I did not feel crowded.

Add in the parades in the promenade. I usually avoid them, but I accidentally was doing something there one day when a parade started. Or crossing from the Aquatheater to dinner through the promenade when a big sale was going on. That was the only time I felt crowded on Oasis or Allure. I quickly learned to adapt.

We felt crowded. Our main issue was the long queues for everything. Everywhere we had to wait for much longer than any other ship we had been on. Even with having a 7pm dinner reservation, we queued for 40 minutes before we were seated.

We had wanted to try Oasis for many years. We did and have decided this class of ships is not for us. We will stick to the Voyager and smaller classes.