suggest hotels pre cruise out of Honolulu??

denny514

Someone else just started a thread on just this subject a few days ago. There are no hotels "near" the port.

Start about 2 miles away on Waikiki:

The Iliki

The Modern

Hawaii Prince

Ramada Plaza

Aqua Palms

Doubletree by Hilton

Hilton Hawaiian Village

those are the closest. then, moving down the beach:

Embassy Suites

Outrigger Waikiki Shore

Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber

Outrigger Waikiki

There are more down the beach - a couple of Sheratons, a Hyatt...

The Modern and Hilton Hawaiian Village would be more than moderate in price.

This should give you something to start with.

Anything in the Waikiki area would be considered "near" the port. You were not planning to walk over with your luggage were you?

You do not want to stay in airport or "Honolulu" hotels. In Waikiki, you can walk to beach, restaurants and shopping from most any hotel and then do a quick taxi or shuttle to the pier on embarkation day.

Just google Waikiki hotels and you will come up with dozens. Also many condo type properties which may be more reasonable for a larger traveling party rather than multiple rooms.

This is our first time to Hawaii, I'm looking for suggestions on hotels near the port??

I am not looking for top end but do not want lower end....mid range??

Thank you

Denny, it would help to know your price range in U.S. dollars.

There are no hotels at the cruise port per se. Your best bet is Waikiki.

How many nights are you looking at? What are your top priorities in a hotel?

This is our first time to Hawaii, I'm looking for suggestions on hotels near the port??

Thank you

If you are military (active/retired) or DOD there is the Hale Koa. Great price for a hotel on Waikiki Beach.

There is a hotel near the port. It is less than a mile. The Aston Executive Centre. We are thinking of staying there. It looks nice. All the prices seem high to us, but when you consider the taxi ride to the port , it will be cheaper. We have no time to do anything before hand, so this seems a good idea.

Thank you

Is this just to sleep prior to the cruise...like arriving late and getting up the next morning and going to the ship? I have a suggestion for that and another suggestion if it is not just for 10 hours prior to boarding. If it is just the night before the cruise there are two hotels that offer complimentary shuttle from the airport. If you will be enjoying your time in Waikiki and want a mid range hotel I will recommend the Queen Kapiolani. And...if you are eligible for the Hale Koa it would be wonderful. Have a great trip, Cherie p.s. "near the port" is not an area I have stayed in, but the Aston Executive Centre is previously recommended.

Edited by cccole