Booked early saver and now unfortunate events

jwth2005

My wife and I(now soon to be ex) booked a 7 day on Breeze in march of 2017. I know that generally name changes are not allowed per early saver program. Having talked this over I would either like to go by myself or take my father.

I have seen rare occasions where they have been able to substitute names on a booking. My question is this, if I can manage to change the name or cancel the booking and re book, who gets the remainder of the deposit? I ask this because I (not my wife) paid for the deposit.

My second question is concerning CPAP machines. Are they allowed? If so do they allow extension chords for the use of the machine?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry to hear that. I've never heard of it being an issue to switch passengers, I think it's like a $50 fee. If you decide to go alone it would pretty much cost the same anyway. If you cancel I believe it is also a $50 fee per person

CPAP machines are allowed, just bring an extension cord.

I would call sooner rather than later, they can do a lot more the farther away the cruise is.

From the link:

Early Saver and Early Saver Last Call: The deposit is non-refundable at any time after the booking is made. All cancellations that occur prior to the final payment due date will receive a non-refundable and non-transferable future cruise credit in US dollars in the amount of the deposit less a $50 USD per person service fee. The future cruise credit must be used on a cruise within 24 months from the date of cancellation and can only be applied to your cruise fare. Any unused portion will be forfeited.

Edited by bburk00

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2705/~/early-saver-and-early-saver-last-call-promotions

Future cruise credits are issued in the name of the original payee, regardless of whether they were ever booked in the cancelled reservation. For bookings paid with a travel agency credit card or check, the cruise credit will then be issued in the name of the cancelled guest.

My wife and I(now soon to be ex) booked a 7 day on Breeze in march of 2017. I know that generally name changes are not allowed per early saver program. Having talked this over I would either like to go by myself or take my father.

I have seen rare occasions where they have been able to substitute names on a booking. My question is this, if I can manage to change the name or cancel the booking and re book, who gets the remainder of the deposit? I ask this because I (not my wife) paid for the deposit.

My second question is concerning CPAP machines. Are they allowed? If so do they allow extension chords for the use of the machine?

Thank you!

I was able to do a name change with Early Saver with no charge. I know they are not supposed to and I just think it depends on who you get on the phone. If the first person says no hang up and call back. I didn't even mention that I was not supposed to just called and asked to change a name please and thank you.

Be aware, if you booked through a travel agent, Carnival WILL NOT help you with this booking. All changes must be made through the travel agent. Good luck with getting it changed. I hope it works out for you.

As far as the cpap is concerned, of course they are allowed! Be sure to carry it on with you. Notifying Special Needs is not really necessary. You can take on your own extension cord and/or power strip as long as there is no surge protector. You can order distilled water from room service for $3.00/gallon. There is an exemption to be able to carry it on for medical reasons (i.e., cpap), but for $3.00, I wouldn't bother.

What we did-- we booked someone else as the third and cancelled the other person. You lose 50 bucks. (and the rest of the deposit is held for a year for a future cruise) Im not sure if you get it or the ex wife gets it.

Just floating this out there...When I booked online, my sister is my traveling companion, but they put her in a Hxxx TBA. When I went in to change the name (her last name is different, due to marriage) it would not allow me to change the entire name, but I could add the first name. So, I did that and saved it, and then went in a second time to change the last name. I assume that you and your father share the same last name, so maybe you could just change the first name? EM

Thank you!

I went through the same thing. I called and explained my situation and they changed it with no penalty. Good luck.

I have had to change a name on a cruise once with carnival. Booked a cruise with friends and wasnt sure who would be my second yet. Booked two people and made up a name for the second. Even though it said no name changes are allowed on the rate I booked I was able to. First person I talked to was rude and adamantly said I would be out of the entire deposit and have to re-book a new person with the new deposit. Hung up and called back a few minutes later, got a very nice young lady and had the name changed in less than a minute for no charge.

Royal Caribbean allows changes up until you get on the boat with no hassels. Not sure why Carnival makes it difficult.

I am absolutely positive if you are the one that made the payment you will be the one that gets the credit in your name. So even if it turns out you have to cancel your ex and book your Dad in her spot the remainder of the deposit will be held in your name as a future cruise credit.

Thank you!

Never book ER because there too many restrictions.