Who do I contact for wrong charge on my credit card after a cruise?

poobears

I was on the Halloween cruise on Triumph. I just noticed the final amount they charged my CC was about $90 more than it should have been. Pulled out my last bill and looked it over and it had all my charges on it. We only charged $140 (yeah it was a cheap on lol) and we had $75.74 in OBC so our final bill was $64.69. But they hit my CC for $157.38. No idea where they got that # from. I don't see a # on the bill to call and have no clue if regular CS could handle it or not.

All we spent on board was laundry, 2 pics, a ship ornament, 3 purchases for the St. Jude fundraiser and our internet. Nothing else.

sorry for this answer but....... Carnival?

Thanks lol I meant a specific # instead of just general guest services not sure they could handle cc issues.

I finally found an after care # for after you get back from cruising. It's already closed though.

To others who may be reading this thread:

Please check your final bill before leaving the ship!!

That is the best time to get mistakes fixed!!

Please don't wait until several weeks later to try to change your bill.

It sounds like the OP did check it on the last night.

I wonder if it could have been gratuities?

I did check my final bill. My final bill says $64.69 which is 100% correct. I prepaid my gratuities so no it's not that. Everything we did on board is on the bill. I can't figure out where they came up with $92.69 from that is the difference from what they billed on my final bill and what they charged me. Had it been the amount of my OBC ($75.74) I would have chalked it up to a simple mistake of them just not crediting it even though it showed it credited on my final bill. But it's not even the same amount as that.

This is as simple as logging into your credit card account and filing a dispute.

I don't want to file a dispute with the CC if I can get it fixed directly with Carnival. I figure it's better to give them a chance to correct their error first. If they don't fix it, you bet I will file.

I think I just figured out what I could be. We rented 4 blankets every night at the Dive in movies, blankets are $23 each, the extra divided by 4 is $23.17 plus a little. One night they weren't marking off your name that you brought them back instead they were just writing your name/cabin on another paper saying they didn't have the other sheet. Oh heck no I am not being charged for 4 dang blankets I never took off that deck they never went more than 20 ft from that towel hut. What do you want to bet that is what they are charging me for and probably everyone else that rented blankets that night.

But the blankets all have # stickers on them so wouldn't have just matched the #'s up with the other sheet to see they were turned in? So maybe that's not it. That's the only thing I see online that comes close to matching up in price.

You should absolutely dispute the charge with credit card. Some credit card rules give you a short time period to dispute. Waiting for Carnival to figure it out could put you on the hook for the charge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't want to file a dispute with the CC if I can get it fixed directly with Carnival. I figure it's better to give them a chance to correct their error first. If they don't fix it, you bet I will file.

Poobears,

I would guess

Back From Your Cruise And Need To Speak With Someone?

Contact Our Guest Care Team

(800)929-6400

Mon-Fri 8.30am to 6.30pm EST

I have never seen a number or email for accounting or billing disputes. I would call our PVP first, but I don't know if you use one.

Hope it works out.

Ok called them a few minutes ago and it was for a bottle of water in room which yes was ours, I remember DD grabbed the wrong bottle of water and opened one of theirs instead of our free ones. No biggy because we drank all free ones too. The other charge showed 4 towels or robes. I'm assuming it was actually those blankets that didn't get marked off properly that night.

Turned out not to be a big deal, the said they are allowed to reverse that charge without higher up authorization all you have to do is ask, although I did explain what I thought may have happened. Whole call only took about 5 minutes. He credited $88 back to my card, everything but the water since I told him that yes that was definitely our charge the other definitely was not. I don't $88 in used blankets lol.

That was definitely easier than I thought it would be so kudos to Carnival for excellent customer service after the cruise.

I don't like we don't get a final bill the last night. Have to remember to check it out at the kiosk making for long lines. I guess they would rather long kiosk lines than guest services lines.

I sent a note asking for a final bill when I got home and it quickly was delivered to my email.

Thanks for the tip, I'll send a note requesting a final bill when I return home in the future. this is the first time we've had a major discrepancy. Sometimes there may be a small difference but we figure there was something small we forgot about like a bottle of water. $90 I knew was not something I overlooked.

Now I can go back to planning out April cruise.