In-flight meal on dreamliner

lorrdean

Do they let you through security with packed sandwiches?

David

Hi,as an educated guess,yes as long as the filling is not a paste of some sort,cheers,Brian. ps you could always buy them airside.

Best to buy them in Boots, Starbucks or W H Smith once you have gone through security.

Thats what we do, we usually get a meal deal in Boots.

Husband wont eat airline meals and last year by the time they got to me there was no choice of meal left and only pasta which I dont like. So its worth having something available even if you dont eat it and just throw it away.

Hi, We flew back from Barbados this morning on a Dreamliner. The first meal was a chicken & mushroom pie, potatoes and veg, roll, cheese and biscuits, & carrot cake. The second meal was a breakfast - omelette, sausage, beans and potatoes. In my humble opinion the food was quite nice! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Usual Thomson airline food, we prefer TC the food is better, the menu is prepared by James Martin and the best airline food I have tasted better than Emirates.

We fly in December and on a TOM flight so will be buying the meal deal!!

Usual Thomson airline food, we prefer TC the food is better, the menu is prepared by James Martin and the best airline food I have tasted better than Emirates.

We fly in December and on a TOM flight so will be buying the meal deal!!

Yes - but what constitutes 'the usual Thomson' stuff? I'm assuming we'll be served one standard airline meal (lunch) but seeing as it's a 9 hour flight is there an additional snack or meal (afternoon tea perhaps) ?

Hi, We flew back from Barbados this morning on a Dreamliner. The first meal was a chicken & mushroom pie, potatoes and veg, roll, cheese and biscuits, & carrot cake. The second meal was a breakfast - omelette, sausage, beans and potatoes. In my humble opinion the food was quite nice! [emoji106]

Hi,that sounds 10 times better than the crap we had on Virgin from MIA to LHR the other week,cheers,Brian.

Usually on Barbados flights you have dinner and a light snack similar to afternoon tea as your two meals.

On the return flight an evening meal and then some type of breakfast dish prior to landing in the morning, if really early it may not be quite as described above.

Food is much better than we had two years ago on BA. I was embarrassed to be British with the pathetic offering we had on an overnight flight from Miami back into Heathrow. I dread to think what other Nationality flyers thought.

Just checked my blog and the last TOM flight we went on we had:

a choice of chicken pasta or beef curry but they had no curry left!!

started was a small bowl of melon and water melon

pasta

small roll with butter

cheese and tuc biscuits

before landing a pannini thing could not describe what was in it but it said it was cheese, a plastic cup of water

both meal had a choice of tea or coffee.

usual in-flight food as said, the TC food was much better my blog just says better than most so think I only recorded the TOM flight because it's wasn't impressive.

Doesn't really bother me as the food on ship is what I am looking forward to.

Yes, but that was up front :D

• 4 weeks later...

Update on the menu.

On the flight out the meal was roast chicken dinner, bread roll, chocolate pudding, crackers and cheese with a tub of water and a chocolate. Tea and coffee. Then later on we had a savoury cheese roll.a scone with jam and butter,tea or coffee.

On the return we had chicken and ham pie, bread roll, crackers and cheese, carrot cake the water and tea or coffee. Just before landing we got breakfast which consisted of sausage, omelett, beans hash brown. Tea or coffee.

Hope this helps

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk