Need help from Mike Moore

ccbee

From reading posts on this forum, I can see that everyone has a high opinion of Mike Moore who makes fixes to the Oceania Website. I am hoping he reads this and will perhaps be able to help me as well as others who have a similar problem.

I booked the April 9, 2017 – May 11, 2017 Miami to Rome cruise. It is also available as 2 individual cruises or B2B (Miami to Lisbon and Lisbon to Rome).

My problem is that when excursions opened, the people on the Miami to Lisbon portion could see them and book them on the website. I could not. I called and explained the problem and within 24 hours, the excursions for the 1st portion of my cruise, Miami to Lisbon, were available for me to see and book. Someone fixed it.

When excursions opened for the second part of my cruise, again people on the Lisbon to Rome portion could see them and book them but I could not. I talked to customer service twice and when I asked them to find someone to fix the problem, they instead said they would send me a pdf of the cruises and I could look at them and then call them if I found something I wanted to book. They said the people in charge of the website were working on fixes for many reported problems and eventually mine would probably be fixed.

Now the excursions don’t bother me that much but I am very concerned I will have the same problem when the reservations for the Specialty Restaurants open up. Others will have access and I will not. Customer Service said no problem, I can just call them and they will be happy to make reservations for me. This means however, I will have to wait until Oceania opens in the morning and I was intending to try to make reservations right after midnight. I also intended on playing around with various times and days and that is not so easy to do when booking on the telephone with customer service.

So I am asking Mike if he could look at this problem in the next 100 days and see if he can fix it. This would make me, as well as a lot of people in the same situation, very happy. I thank him in advance.

I also intended on playing around with various times and days and that is not so easy to do when booking on the telephone with customer service.

It isn't that kind of a reservation system-

Each of the restaurants availability is specific to that location, and you cannot check other restaurants availability without losing the possible reservations that you see. Therefore, there is not any way to mix and match in the way that you infer.

Do yourself a favor, and study your itinerary to ascertain the nights that you want to dine in a Specialty and then book the best available time for that night once the reservation window opens up.

It does not need to be more complicated than that.

Have you emailed Mike Moore to check on your problem ?

Be sure to tell him the browser you are using as that may have some bearing on the problem

My recent issue was cleared up by "clearing my cookies " for Oceania

This is a glitch in the system. I have spoken to Mike about it. You will have to do excursions and restaurant reservations by phone for your second leg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My understanding from talking to several different O folks (from special services to loyalty marketing) is that you should be able to book specialty reservations for both segments of a grand voyage on the opening date for your cabin class on the first segment calendar. However, you must book only your allowed reservations per segment on days during that segment. In other words (for example), if you get 4 + 4, you cannot book all eight during the first segment.

We've had a similar issue with culinary classes. For an upcoming grand voyage, we couldn't see the classes online though folks only doing that first segment could. I called O, spoke to a reservation supervisor who got it "turned on" for grand voyagers within an hour.

Since our next O cruise will be our first "grand voyage," I'd be interested in hearing from others who have actually had the experience of booking their specialties reservations online.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

Thanks everyone for your replies. It sounds like since the first have of my cruise has been 'fixed', I should be able to make Speciality reservations when they open up.

Can anyone tell me when Culinary Classes and Art Classes open up for reservations?

Thanks everyone for your replies. It sounds like since the first have of my cruise has been 'fixed', I should be able to make Speciality reservations when they open up.

Can anyone tell me when Culinary Classes and Art Classes open up for reservations?

Hi, ccbee. I was on O's site yesterday and the Culinary Classes for our cruise - Miami/Lisbon - appeared open and ready to book! ;)

Donna