Sanctuary loungers to avoid?

MJC

Some are in the sun, some are in the shade. It's a matter of personal preference. Most people prefer the loungers furthest forward with a view of the bow. They are under cover but you still get some sun.

On a very warm day, you'd want to be where there's the most air. On a cooler day, where it's most protected.

As far as sun and shade goes, don't forget to take into account the overhead roofing/canopy as well as the direction of travel and whether it's morning or afternoon (sun angle)... If there are a lot of reservations, you might not have much of a choice from the remaining loungers.

We're going to try the Sanctuary when we next cruise on the Ruby. I'm sure there are favored spots for different reasons, but are there "bad" locations? What should we avoid?

It all depends on what you like, sun or shade or partial sun.

Book most of their cruise in Sanctuary.

What do you get offered for $40 bucks a day?

Counting out peace and tranquility because you can get that by booking ones own private balcony?

Edited by kruisey

OP here.

Please don't turn this into a conversation about whether the Sanctuary is "worth it." There are plenty of other threads where you may talk about that. If I want to spend $20 to have my lunch and tea up there one afternoon, and relax in a comfy chair in between, that is my decision to make, don't you think?

I asked a specific question, and thank you to those who responded with helpful information. Since we've never used the Sanctuary, all information is appreciated.

In addition to Pam's comments, the entrance to Sanctuary on Ruby is on the starboard side of the ship.

That said, any lounger locations to the port side are less trafficked by other Sanctuary guests.

If you choose a lounger just inside the entrance you will have all manner of traffic.

This would be Sanctuary staff, other Sanctuary guests and ships crew parading past that might affect your relaxation enjoyment.

Additionally, locations adjacent to the spa/massage cabanas can be a bit busy with activity.

We tend to choose locations on the far port side, either under shade sail or out in the exposed sun space.

We're going to try the Sanctuary when we next cruise on the Ruby. I'm sure there are favored spots for different reasons, but are there "bad" locations? What should we avoid?

I'd avoid any in direct sunlight as you can get a nasty burn. Also check to see how windy it gets where you'll be lying down.

Shade is important to us, as I've already had a melanoma and I don't want more. I'll be wearing sunscreen even in the shady section. :)

msw, I hadn't thought about the cabanas being distracting. Good point.

Keith, good to know about the entrance being starboard.

When we toured the Sanctuary on the CB in January, the host told us that they would move the loungers for us if we wanted more sun or more shade. There were also comfy chairs scattered about, which were not reserved and you could sit on one if you wanted something different from your lounger for a while.

Book most of their cruise in Sanctuary.

What do you get offered for $40 bucks a day?

Counting out peace and tranquility because you can get that by booking ones own private balcony?

When was the last time you really "stretched" out on your balcony? Princess balconies are pretty small overall. The staff also takes excellent care of you in Sanctuary.