Different menus, different ships

With the few live threads going in right now something that I have noticed is that there is a decided difference between the menus on the ships.

I know Harmony has one set, the Oasis is testing another and the other one that I will make reference to is the Freedom which has the old menus with some cutbacks.

Just looking at the Harmony on day 1 and there still is prime rib, shrimp cocktail and escargot. Also on night 2 I believe there was an individual filet. On the Freedom all of those items are gone.

Is Royal changing their menus based on average cabin price in trying to cut costs. It looks like the newer, more expensive ships are still getting the more expensive entrees and apps while these are being cut back on other ships.

... Is Royal changing their menus based on average cabin price in trying to cut costs. It looks like the newer, more expensive ships are still getting the more expensive entrees and apps while these are being cut back on other ships.

Or maybe the new ships are getting better menus initially, to foster better reviews, and eventually the premium items will be removed.

I'm not sure. I was on the Serenade (which I would call one of the older ships) in July and we still had the premium items (except lobster tail, but I understand that they don't offer that in Europe) on the menu. That being said I would love to see the decision making behind the scenes as to what to put on the menus etc.. I'm sure it would be fascinating.

Hi Ken

I have noticed this as well, and I am pretty disappointed with the menus on Freedom. We were looking forward to the shrimp cocktail & prime rib on night one, and the beef tenderloin on night two. Now all of that has been removed from the menu and replaced with cheaper options. The new menus on Harmony look amazing, so hopefully they are planning to roll those out on all ships.

Hi Ken

I have noticed this as well, and I am pretty disappointed with the menus on Freedom. We were looking forward to the shrimp cocktail & prime rib on night one, and the beef tenderloin on night two. Now all of that has been removed from the menu and replaced with cheaper options. The new menus on Harmony look amazing, so hopefully they are planning to roll those out on all ships.

Hey Serena, you are getting close, about 30 some odd days now I think. Despite the food I'm sure you will have a fantastic time. Have a great time and we will see you on Harmony.:)