Discount Beverage Packages on Carnival

happygirlchocolate

How much was RC's package with and without the 30% "sale"?

We paid $44 per day plus gratuity for the premium package. This was supposed to be 20% off but I guess that is RC's new math LOL. The original price is $55 per day. We also got a 30% discount on the internet package. All of this was purchased prior to sailing and you had to check with your ship to see if it was being offered. Not all ships offered the discount at the same time.

Too bad. RC had a 30% discount on the drink package for our upcoming cruise, so DH and I snapped it up. Cheers is too expensive.

Its funny, for years carnival was known as the party cruise line, but for anyone who does quite a bit of drinking, the other cruise lines can be cheaper then carnival when factoring in the drink package deals, and also there is no 15 limit on the other lines, like carnival has.

• Like 1

Its funny, for years carnival was known as the party cruise line, but for anyone who does quite a bit of drinking, the other cruise lines can be cheaper then carnival when factoring in the drink package deals, and also there is no 15 limit on the other lines, like carnival has.

I have changed 2 bookings to NCL for their perks.

• Like 1

RC also does not mandate that if one person buys the beverage package, the other person sharing the room over the age of 21, also has to buy the package.

Were the actual cruise prices comparable to Carnival's? Ship and itinerary equal. Sometimes that also needs to be factored into final cost per person, including the beverage packages.

It has been my experience that Carnival is definitely cheaper than RC. I enjoy them both for different reasons. I'm still surprised that Carnival doesn't offer larger discount on their beverage packages. They limit the drinks to 15 in a 24 hour period and all over the age of 21 have to purchase the package even if only one person in the room wants the package.

MY DH would buy the package and get his money out of it. I could only handle two or three glasses of wine. Definitely not worth the price of the package.

• 1 year later...

The Cheers drink package seems more comprehensive than the RC drink packages. With the Carnival package you get specialty coffees and smoothies, coconut water, bottled water, red bull, and every other drink imaginable. You can stock up on bottled water and other soft drinks to take on shore with you.

Carnival has never offered a sale that includes Cheers at a discount. You get a very small discount if you purchase Cheers online vs. waiting to purchase it on the ship. If you see a great deal on another cruise line that includes a drink package you want, snap it up!

The Cheers drink package seems more comprehensive than the RC drink packages. With the Carnival package you get specialty coffees and smoothies, coconut water, bottled water, red bull, and every other drink imaginable. You can stock up on bottled water and other soft drinks to take on shore with you.

RC drink package includes all those too. Maybe you’re thinking of NCL which doesn’t include bottled water or specialty coffees. I got my recent drink package on sale for $40 per day on RC Anthem. I wish Carnival would throw some drink package sales.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Booked another cruise on Carnival.  The last one was in 2016 when I originally asked the question about the sale of the Carnival drink packages.  We decided not to buy the package, that is until we got on the ship.  After 1 drink, my DH bought the package for both of us. We sailed RC in Sept and he insisted on the package.  We are booked to sail in June and this time I will buy the package ahead of time.  However, I will buy the Carnival Gift Cards through AARP so I can at least save 10%.  We did get our money worth out of the package even though I ordered drinks just to try them but didn't finish them.  Carnival really needs to run sales on their packages like the other cruise lines.

On 11/18/2016 at 8:52 AM, happygirlchocolate said:

We paid $44 per day plus gratuity for the premium package. This was supposed to be 20% off but I guess that is RC's new math LOL. The original price is $55 per day. We also got a 30% discount on the internet package. All of this was purchased prior to sailing and you had to check with your ship to see if it was being offered. Not all ships offered the discount at the same time.

Do you know ahead of time that the drink package deal is running?