Sydney-Hobart, Emerald Princess, questions review to follow

GUT2407

Yes for the Emerald too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for replies.

Good to know that they are doing this in Australian waters, just a small bonus in a nice relaxed atmosphere.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks for replies.

Good to know that they are doing this in Australian waters, just a small bonus in a nice relaxed atmosphere.

I really like the guacamole dip and corn chips when they have them.

Yes, they are good....[emoji2]

Did they have this setup on the recent 3 day Syd-Melb getaway cruise on the Golden?

Not sure about the 3 day as we didn't get up there but there was a note in our cabin advising it was on. It was definitely on during the Tasmanian cruise.

Not sure about the 3 day as we didn't get up there but there was a note in our cabin advising it was on. It was definitely on during the Tasmanian cruise.

Thanks for reply.

We were on the 3 day Syd-Melb getaway but had no note in the cabin that it was on. It didn't matter for this one as the cruise was over very quickly but will be going on the Emerald in January and more hopeful that it would be happening for that one.[emoji2]

Yes, they are good....[emoji2]

Did they have this setup on the recent 3 day Syd-Melb getaway cruise on the Golden?

Yes, I didn't get the corn chips and dip but they had prawns and cheese to choose from on the night I went up.:D

Thanks for this Gut. I have a few....and will probably think up some more over time too.

1. What are the current shows and movies playing?

2. Are there early morning exercise classes available?

3. Are the spa pools crowded?

4. What is the Horizon Court buffet like compared to the MDR?

5. Are the self-service laundrymats busy?

Thanks for this Gut. I have a few....and will probably think up some more over time too.

Good ones.

I'm not sure what you mean by how is the HC compared to MDR, do you mean food quality?

If so, I may not be the best judge, as I much prefer simple food, but I will do what I can.

Mic, did you have to have the drink of the day or any drink on the list, I see it is $7 now.

We just ordered the 'Chairman of the Board' as our drinks as sort of tribute of remembrance to a prior cruise.

Sorry, I didn't see a drink's list but our drinks were still on the list apparently and I don't know if it was the Drink of the day either.

Edited by MicCanberra

We just ordered the 'Chairman of the Board' as our drinks as sort of tribute of remembrance to a prior cruise.

Sorry, I didn't see a drink's list but our drinks were still on the list apparently and I don't know if it was the Drink of the day either.

Thanks, usually a card is in the cabin with which drink is $5 each day and what appetisers are served but I had heard that you are able to order any of the drinks any day.....this time next week I will know:D

Can you check the Pub Lunch at Wheelhouse. Last May on Med cruise, they tried to charge $19 in one day. We found no guest. Next schedule, it was again free of charge. Am curious what it is now.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Was that definitely the English pub lunch at the Wheelhouse bar?

I know the Wheelhouse bar turns into the Salty Dog Gastro pub for which there is a $19 surcharge...

Thanks, usually a card is in the cabin with which drink is $5 each day and what appetisers are served but I had heard that you are able to order any of the drinks any day.....this time next week I will know:D

Please chip in with any answers you can find.

Is that $5 USD? (it was when we were on the Caribbean Princess)

If so as that may be why it was $7 AUD.

Is that $5 USD? (it was when we were on the Caribbean Princess)

If so as that may be why it was $7 AUD.

Yes was $5 USD on Diamond before they went AUD and Sapphire $5USD

So of course, thats why it is $7 now while here:o

A bit early, but the next couple of weeks are looking a bit crazy.

Mrs Gut and her handbag (Gut) are off to Hobart on Emerald on 12 December.

So here's your chance to lodge some questions, if they're on this thread I can check them from time to time and try to answer them.

As I'll be using my iPad or maybe even my phone, one question per post would make life easier.

I also plan to do a short review, probably put it right here but not sure if I'll try and do it as I go or wait till we're back.

I'm hoping others on the cruise might chip in as well.

Morning Gut,

I thought I'd posted a question but now I can't find it so here goes again. Can you please see if the grill offers Souvlaki's. We used to get them on the Dawn Princess but they've not been available on the Golden or the Diamond, so we're assuming the Emerald is the same. I also wondered if you could check the patter for the first day or two to see if they offer a meet and greet for the 18-20's, I have a very shy 19 year old and we'd like to see if they still offer this.

Trish

Morning Gut,

I thought I'd posted a question but now I can't find it so here goes again. Can you please see if the grill offers Souvlaki's. We used to get them on the Dawn Princess but they've not been available on the Golden or the Diamond, so we're assuming the Emerald is the same. I also wondered if you could check the patter for the first day or two to see if they offer a meet and greet for the 18-20's, I have a very shy 19 year old and we'd like to see if they still offer this.

Trish

Shall do.

There's a stretch class at 7 a.m. followed by an abs workout at 7.30a.m. Theses are free, but there's also yoga, pilates, spin for around $15 per class from 8 a.m.

Yes, you rarely find an empty tub. Some people seem to be permanent fixtures.

The quality is very good and there are some dishes identical to those in the MDR, plus there is more variety. I found that unless you go early (at opening times) , your hot meal could be luke warm by the time you locate a place to sit.

Laundromats can be busy at certain times. Get in early, after 8pm or on port days when most people are ashore.