Does anyone sail Brilliance?

dmc6469

The crew were generally nice and CD Clo was outstanding. I think she is on leave at the moment but she told us she does 2 months on/2 months off so may well be back for your sailing.

Clo will not be returning to Brilliance until sometime in January. She will be spending the holidays with her husband and son.

Oh wow I was on this cruise too and LOVED IT! In fact we booked her while on board for a February birthday!!!

Sorry for the confusion - we LOVED the cruise as well. I was referring specifically to the outdoor area of the Windjammer (Rita's) being closed for breakfast except for one day.

Sorry for the confusion - we LOVED the cruise as well. I was referring specifically to the outdoor area of the Windjammer (Rita's) being closed for breakfast except for one day.

I really wanted to eat at Rita's but it was not air conditioned and the venue looked like it was a thrown together after thought so we skipped it. Youre right about the WNDJMR it was always crowded for breakfast. We ate every morning in that little annex it was empty every morning.

This ship is otherwise wonderful......but they do have issues with food choice and quality especially in the WNDJMR:(

Edited by JohnSnowGOT

I don't know anything about Brilliance but I see your first cruise was the same as mine! We were also on it in 1996. Loved the Jubilee!

Jubilee. Worst cruise ever!!! 2 people died on the ship and over 95% of cruisers had food poisoning. My mom only saw 1 port since she was in the cabin the entire time. CNN was waiting at port doing a story on our ship when we got back. And Carnival's 'apology' to us? "here's a coupon for 5% off your next sailing with us". Never wanted back on that ship again. Swore to never go on Carnival ever again after that experience

Edited by dmc6469

DITTO.................the food is definitely disappointing

This is what I keep hearing. Quite disappointing to hear. It's my friends' 1st cruise so I'm sad that she won't be getting a good food experience

Any recent dining room menus? I keep finding some online but they are a few years old. I'm sure it's changed since then

Brilliance also has the nicest concierge lounge I have seen on any RCCL ship with large outdoor area and a real bar with bar stools ( must be diamond plus or in a suite or pinnacle)

I believe all four sisters have the same set up....or at least that was the set

up on Radiance this last August anyway.

This is what I keep hearing. Quite disappointing to hear. It's my friends' 1st cruise so I'm sad that she won't be getting a good food experience

Any recent dining room menus? I keep finding some online but they are a few years old. I'm sure it's changed since then

Well the food in the WNDJMR was ok but seemed like the same stuff every lunch and evening. Breakfast in the WNDJMR was really good every morning. Chops was not good. Inattentive waiter, he even rolled his eyes at me when I asked him to explain the fish. I was not surprised Chops service and food is unpredictable anyway. Giovanni's on the other hand was superb! THe food was great and the service gracious and attentive! Solarium food and service was very good. Bar service excellent!

As whole I found this ship to be amazing even with the weak areas in the food.

Brilliance is a great ship for a first cruise...any cruise ..It became my favorite after just the first time sailing her in November 2016.

Edited by JohnSnowGOT

We weren't that impressed with the food in Windjammer or MDR, we didn't go to Chops but had a nice meal in Giovannis.

We enjoyed lunches from Park cafe and if you like Patisserie style cakes/pastries the ones from Cafe Lattitude were excellent. That became my go to place, much better than any of the desserts served elsewhere.

Julie

We did a B2B on Brilliance November 5th and 10th and also found the food disappointing. Even though the menus in the MDR went by the same names as previously, the selections were reduced, seemingly always in the interests of saving money. For instance, there was nothing special on either formal night. There was no shrimp cocktail unless we missed it the night we went to Giovanni's (which was great), no prime rib, no rack of lamb.

Similarly, the selections in the Windjammer were reduced, and desserts for lunch were very disappointing. We've watched a reduction in the hot desserts, but this time there were none, no Coconut Rangers until the third day of the second leg, and the other offerings were almost the same every day. Lunch got so bad I was reduced to eating hot dogs, then the last day they were even out of hot dogs, so I think I was not the only one having trouble finding something appetizing.

Despite this disappointment, Radiance class ships are still our favorites and we are booked on Brilliance again in January and in April. Our balcony was wonderful, our cabin steward and wait staff were excellent and the ocean was inviting. We're just changing our expectations and enjoying cruising anyway.

Margy