Port Canaveral - Epic Big Problems

Rebels82

We just arrived on 11-26, they did easy walk off at 7:15am. We did the NCL transfer and got to the airport at 10am. We were the second group off the ship after walk off. Sat on the bus for 30 minutes waiting for it to fill up. I would suggest taking a private car, cab or smaller transportation company to get there sooner.

Those of us who will be taking the Epic in the future have probably read about the Embarkation/Disembarkation problems. I read there was a 30 minute wait just to drop off your luggage. There were people waiting for up to 2 hours outside to get in.

For those of you who have experienced these issues the past couple of weeks, do you have any suggestions for those going on the Epic in the next few weeks..i.e. park your car and bring your luggage to drop off? Are there any better arrival times than others?

Yes, hopefully NCL and the port will improve things.

Thanks.[/quote

We certainly will NOT be sailing on the Epic again but if you do, try parking offsite at park n Cruise or Park Port Canaveral. Vans have their own lanes for drop off.

Just got off the Epic this morning. While getting onto the ship did take a little time, I was totally surprised this morning on disembarking. I literally walk right off the ship, no lines to stand in, or waits at the customs station. Fastest walk-off I have experienced.

We just got off of the Epic today, Dec 3 & I will say the embarkation and debarkation was some of the easiest we have ever been through.

We stayed the night before at the Radisson by the port, so we parked there for $6 a day vs what the terminal charges. Then their shuttle took us over (while their shuttle service was the only cluster we incurred) the driver made up for it! He was wonderful!! The car, taxi and other shuttles were actually in quiet a long line, taxis & cars was a very very long line. But our shuttle driver took us to the back entrance he said so we pulled directly up, porters got the luggage and we were inside and had our key cards in 20 mins!! So painless :))

Debarkation we always keep our luggage but this time we had to hurry home due to my grandmother passing while we were on the cruise (it was 8 hour drive home too) so honestly we left our cabin at the first call this morning which was about 7:00-7:10 when they announced self assist. Honestly we were completely out and in a cab before 7:40.

So in my opinion they are definitely working the kinks out!!

We just got off of the Epic today, Dec 3 & I will say the embarkation and debarkation was some of the easiest we have ever been through.

We stayed the night before at the Radisson by the port, so we parked there for $6 a day vs what the terminal charges. Then their shuttle took us over (while their shuttle service was the only cluster we incurred) the driver made up for it! He was wonderful!! The car, taxi and other shuttles were actually in quiet a long line, taxis & cars was a very very long line. But our shuttle driver took us to the back entrance he said so we pulled directly up, porters got the luggage and we were inside and had our key cards in 20 mins!! So painless :))

Debarkation we always keep our luggage but this time we had to hurry home due to my grandmother passing while we were on the cruise (it was 8 hour drive home too) so honestly we left our cabin at the first call this morning which was about 7:00-7:10 when they announced self assist. Honestly we were completely out and in a cab before 7:40.

So in my opinion they are definitely working the kinks out!!

Sorry for your loss. Thanks so much for taking the time to give information.

After reading past Port Canaveral Epic experiences for embarkation and debarkation, we expected the worst but were pleasantly surprised. We drove to the port on 11/26 and arrived at about 11:00 AM. We encountered a bit of traffic making the turn into the port. This is a port issue as there is a pinch point with 4-way stop signs. Terminal 10 is past the Disney Cruise line terminal and that causes traffic as well as the Fantasy was also in port. Although expecting a much longer wait to get into parking due to traffic, it only took about 15 mins.(this could have been faster but there were only 2 lines open to pay for parking, again a port issue that needs to be addressed).

We parked right in front of the terminal and porters took our luggage right away. We headed to the terminal and after a few minutes at the bottom of the escalator we were able to enter and go through security. This moved very quickly. Check-in was a breeze. We found our check-in counter by deck number. We were on the ship by noon after all said and done.

We are new cruisers to NCL so the debarkation was confusing to us,but once we figured out the color coded luggage tag process we were all set. We had green was which was scheduled for 9:00 AM this morning but we were called early. we have cruised over 21 times on different cruise lines and this was the quickest debarkation we ever experienced. We were in our car and on the way home by 9:00 AM.

We had a great cruise on NCL Epic by the way :)

Just off the Epic this morning and it was the quickest and most efficient of all of our debarkations. Did self assist walk off, left the ship at 8:35 am and were outside through immigration and waiting for shuttle to airport at 9:05...30 min start to finish...Embarkation last week was also very smooth . On board by 11:30 with no line-ups inside or out.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Forums mobile app

Just off the Epic this morning December 3rd and all is good with embarkation and disembarkation. Took maybe 45 min from moment drop our bags to putting foot inside and today took max 10 min to leave ship. The only problem we had was with the crowd congestion at perks times in elevators. I don't mind a few times but this cruise seemed to be always on peek times.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The only times I've sailed out of Port Canaveral have been on DCL. Eac2h time I remember standing in long lines outside the terminal.

Embarkation is the least of Epic's problems. Service, food quality, lack of concern for customer needs carried through for 7 days. Freestyle cruising is anything but free. Nickel and diming guests appears to be the norm at every opportunity.

11/26 epic. Off of comfort inn bus @ 11:45, luggage loaded tips given, elevator up, ncl agent for myself great! Other agent for daughter Terrible! Must have been very new! Then walked on. On board in 30 minutes. Disembark, 30 minutes tops for walk off, customs, van ride back. Loaded in car home 45 minutes! Enjoy your cruises!

Sorry for your loss. Thanks so much for taking the time to give information.

Thank you 😊 just home from the funeral and now realizing how bad I miss the Epic. But like someone else said there are a few other small issues with the Epic such as elevator wait times and you must pre-book all shows or you'll pay hell seeing them. We could never get into the Priscilla show or the Adult late night comedy.

But again didn't make or break our cruise and we actually liked 90% of the staff!! Very nice and even exchanged contact info with quite a few.

"A week cruising is better than a week at work anytime"

Glad to hear things are improving. We were on the 11/12 sailing and it was a nightmare both getting on and off.

Platinum line? What Platinum line? We waited for hours and were told to "get in line" and there wasn't a platinum line. :( We didn't even get ON the ship until AFTER she was supposed to set sail. :p But we were patient. I was on vacation and we were going on a cruise. Life is good.

Thank you [emoji4] just home from the funeral and now realizing how bad I miss the Epic. But like someone else said there are a few other small issues with the Epic such as elevator wait times and you must pre-book all shows or you'll pay hell seeing them. We could never get into the Priscilla show or the Adult late night comedy.

But again didn't make or break our cruise and we actually liked 90% of the staff!! Very nice and even exchanged contact info with quite a few.

"A week cruising is better than a week at work anytime"

Not sure what date you where on the Epic but our Pricilla Show at 10Pm was not full at all.

Sea ya

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anyone know how you enter when you have pre-paid parking?

I prepaid parking twice for Carnival cruises from Port Canaveral. The confirmation you print or have on your smartphone has a barcode. We entered the parking garage in the same entrance as everyone else and they scan that barcode.

We just got of the Epic and it was easy on and easy off. It was the quickest we have ever encountered. From the time we parked our car to sitting down in Taste to eat lunch was not even 45 min total! And leaving the ship was just as easy.

Have fun and make your tender reservations early for the Bahamas, it fills up quickly!!!

Not sure what date you where on the Epic but our Pricilla Show at 10Pm was not full at all.

Sea ya

Eric

Yep. It can show as sold out but I went to Priscilla at 10p and a later show of "Burn The Floor." (I was on the 11/19 sailing) Both showed as sold out but the theatre was maybe 2/3rds full for both at the start of each show (1/2 full by the end). I was able to walk in to "Burn The Floor" 15 minutes before start time with ease. If you don't have a reservation, just go 15 minutes before the start time to the box office and they'll let you in.

Glad to hear things are improving. We were on the 11/12 sailing and it was a nightmare both getting on and off.

Platinum line? What Platinum line? We waited for hours and were told to "get in line" and there wasn't a platinum line. :( We didn't even get ON the ship until AFTER she was supposed to set sail. :p But we were patient. I was on vacation and we were going on a cruise. Life is good.

Oh, that sucks :( There's usually a separate line for Platinum & Gold latitudes for embarkation and another separate check-in for Haven. It did help speed up my check-in for the 11/19 cruise being able to jump in the platinum line after the loooooooooooong security line.

Sea ya

Eric

We just got off the Epic on Saturday, December 3 and yes the "stand-by" is how we got into Burn the Floor but never tried for the others. When we went to Burn the Floor it was not even full but now the comedy was packed.

Like I said it wasn't a make or breaker for us but just more letting everyone know it is best to kind of try and plan your week out.

Norwegian is not real good at being informative. If you wait on them to tell you about the tender you'll be on the late tenders but again if you're on an excursion you'll get off early.

My husband is the Norwegian lover I personally love Carnival but I think it's only bc we've been with them the past 10 cruises.

All in all Norwegian was great though and my scales this morning proved I had fun and ate well :D