Empress of the Seas Photo Guide

OOT,

I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but i love the specialty coffees, i.e cappuccino, frappe, latte, etc. I see there is a coffee card available and i'm curious if there is anywhere i can get this type of drink prepared. I'm asking because i like mine exxxxtra creamy and sweet:D, and of course the frappe can't be made unless there is a blender somewhere near. I've only done the F and O class ships and I'd get it at the cafe, but this is a different set up, so I wanted to know/confirm if they had the ability to make these before I purchase the card.

Thanks

Thanks for the reviews and the pictures of the ship. Planning a cruise on the Empress in March and looking forward to hitting Key West for St Pattys Day! Does anyone know if they have a drink package on this ship?

Yes, there are drink packages available on Empress.

OOT,

I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but i love the specialty coffees, i.e cappuccino, frappe, latte, etc. I see there is a coffee card available and i'm curious if there is anywhere i can get this type of drink prepared.

The coffee place next to Boleros can probably make this for you. You can wait to get the card on board to ensure this is the case.

These answers are helpful for our planning. We had heard of a "White-out" party. Did you see one of those on your cruise? Thanks again.

No refrigerator in our outside (8004) a couple weeks ago. Yes, there was a "white" party. Did not go, but I guess all attendees are encouraged (not required) to wear white.

I also remember hearing about a white-out party, but I also did not attend. I assume that you are expected to wear white, so throw a white shirt in your suitcase just in case you decide that you want to go.

OOT,

I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but i love the specialty coffees, i.e cappuccino, frappe, latte, etc. I see there is a coffee card available and i'm curious if there is anywhere i can get this type of drink prepared. I'm asking because i like mine exxxxtra creamy and sweet:D, and of course the frappe can't be made unless there is a blender somewhere near. I've only done the F and O class ships and I'd get it at the cafe, but this is a different set up, so I wanted to know/confirm if they had the ability to make these before I purchase the card.

Thanks

Hmm, that's tricky. I don't remember seeing a coffee shop onboard, you may want to pay for the card if you go. I'm sorry!

Hmm, that's tricky. I don't remember seeing a coffee shop onboard, you may want to pay for the card if you go. I'm sorry!

Hi OOT. Please, no need to be sorry, you put me at ease with your awesome pics, thank you for that!!! I actually found pics of "CAFE ROYAL", but I'm still going to wait until onboard. That way, I can confirm they can make them like I like them. Thanks again.

Thanks for the review and the great pics. Empress is our favorite mini "mega" ship.

So many wonderful memories of cruising Empress out of Philly to Bermuda and passing through the cut at St. George.

I have a luring hope that if cuba doesn't work out soon, they will bring Empress to Philadelphia or Norfolk and cruise to St.George's :D

• 5 weeks later...
Really impressed with the pictures...never considered this as an option before

Changing my mind

I really enjoyed my cruise on Empress, and I think many will as long as they go with the right mindset and want to enjoy themselves. I see you are from the UK, so it may be a little harder for you to fly down to Miami to board her (maybe not if you have enough flights to MIA), but if the price is right, I would definitely say to go. I regret not doing the B2B that I originally talked about doing.

Fantastic pics! Having been on Oasis and recently Allure, I was a little concerned about going on Empress this Feb with two young but VERY active children (6 & 7) on their first cruise but between the reviews I have read and your pics, we are looking forward to this trip!

We are also scheduled on Empress in April but were considering shifting it to the Oasis because of the kids... now rethinking that thought. We know we want to take them sometime on one of the 'big" ships but willing to wait now.

Thank you Clarea,

I went to look at that link and all of the pictures are blank [emoji53]

Blank for me too, I cannot tell what is wrong. Maybe the original poster will see this and help us.