Empress of the Seas Photo Guide

Blank for me too, I cannot tell what is wrong. Maybe the original poster will see this and help us.

Are you looking at this thread at work? My work firewall blocks out the pictures, but I can see them fine when using the Cruise Critic Android app on my phone.

Fantastic pics! Having been on Oasis and recently Allure, I was a little concerned about going on Empress this Feb with two young but VERY active children (6 & 7) on their first cruise but between the reviews I have read and your pics, we are looking forward to this trip!

We are also scheduled on Empress in April but were considering shifting it to the Oasis because of the kids... now rethinking that thought. We know we want to take them sometime on one of the 'big" ships but willing to wait now.

You will enjoy Empress. She really is a beautiful ship, and anyone can have a great time on her. :D

Are you looking at this thread at work? My work firewall blocks out the pictures, but I can see them fine when using the Cruise Critic Android app on my phone.

Not at work, and no firewall blocking things at home.

Hmmm. Try looking up this same thread on the app.

Oh, and to any Admins reading this: Now that Empress is cruising regularly, could it get its own Category within the RCCI board?

About a month ago I started a thread asking for one. The mods never created it, and many members on here will just tell you to go to the forum search bar and type in "Empress", which should give you the similar things those categories options do.

It would make it so convenient for cruisers to find information, and other cruisers to give it! Has Harmony even received one yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks OP. I appreciate all the photos.

I sailed the Empress in 1998, with our daughter and another mother/daughter. I can't believe we had 4 of us in an OV cabin! YIKES. Can't remember - was she still Nordic Empress then?

The ship looks nice except for the windjammer tables and chairs. Looks like something from the conference center. The Viking lounge furniture looks like a set from the 70's night!

We are sailing the 7 night Havana Empress itinerary later this spring and looking forward to it.

Thanks again.

M

Thanks OP. I appreciate all the photos.

I sailed the Empress in 1998, with our daughter and another mother/daughter. I can't believe we had 4 of us in an OV cabin! YIKES. Can't remember - was she still Nordic Empress then?

The ship looks nice except for the windjammer tables and chairs. Looks like something from the conference center. The Viking lounge furniture looks like a set from the 70's night!

We are sailing the 7 night Havana Empress itinerary later this spring and looking forward to it.

Thanks again.

M

You are going to have an amazing time, it is so excited that these Cuba cruises are opening up! :D

• 1 month later...
Conclusion: I really enjoyed my cruise on the Empress. After a not-so favorable cruise on the Enchantment in 2012, I can definitely say that Empress has completely turned around my perception of Royal. I enjoyed the food and service I received the entire cruise, and I loved the general atmosphere of the ship. I met great people as well that I am planning another cruise with! Royal did a lot of work on Empress, and it is noticeable. It was a very clean ship with a great crew. My few complaints of the cruise were the faint smells of sewage that occurred sometimes when walking down the hallway (only happened directly after someone flushed), the packed pool, and the small shower. But every cruise has a few negatives but I never let them get in the way of my enjoyable and much needed vacation.

All in all, I would recommend everyone to take advantage of the Empress and her great deals! There are some very cheap cruises to some nice places, that i would definitely take more advantage of if I lived in Florida. I wish Royal would expand the itineraries on here, to add ports like Labadee, falmouth, Roatan, Belize, etc, but she still has some nice cruises to ports like Nassau, CocoCay and Grand Cayman.

I hope you all enjoyed my pictures, feel free to ask any questions about the Empress, I would be happy to help in any way! :D

I loved all of your pics. My husband and I are going at the end of March and we are so excited. We've only every sailed on Princess and was so happy to see your pics and read your commentary!! Now I'm really excited! Thanks so much!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for the great pics! My daughter and I are sailing on the Empress in May and a lot of the things I've read make it sound like a floating ghetto. Lol. We don't have high expectations anyway since we have nothing to compare it to, but your pics are very reassuring!

I loved this review and your pics.. My husband and I are sailing on the Empress on Monday, 3/26 and are now very excited about it... especially after reading your review! Thanks!!

Thank you very much for the review and pictures! We leave Saturday, 4/1, on Empress. This is our 8th cruise but first on RCCL. Looking forward to it and I 100% agree with you tha if you go on a cruise to have a good time, you can!!! Thanks aqain!

• 2 weeks later...