Bringing bottled water onboard?

Read on one thread a while ago someone "checked" a carton of bottled water when they boarded. I called RC to ask and they said no water but you can bring a few bottles of wine!!! Is there a trick to doing the water or was it a fluke that someone got it onboard? I know I'm cheap to not buy the water package!

No fluke, it is just that enforcement of the policy is very inconsistent and often not enforced at all. It is more likely to be enforced if you just try slapping a luggage tag on a case of water. Put the case in a suitcase and the chances of it getting onboard increase greatly.

The last time we cruised I put a case of water in a tote with all my shoes. I slapped a luggage tag on the outside and the tote was delivered with the water inside. They did pop the zips ties I had on to keep the lid down, but everything was inside. We didn't use all the water by the end of the cruise so we told the cabin steward it was hers (we didn't want to drag it home) and she seemed pleased. Way cheaper then buying onboard

Currently on jewel of the seas. Sailed out of San Juan. We bought a big pack of water before we headed to the port and put a luggage tag in the case of water. No issues getting it onboard. Also bought a bottle of soda at one of the ports and they let us take it back on with no questions asked.

We figured $3 for a case of water was worth the risk in case they didn't allow us to take the water on. We were glad we decided to go for it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The last time we cruised I put a case of water in a tote with all my shoes. I slapped a luggage tag on the outside and the tote was delivered with the water inside. They did pop the zips ties I had on to keep the lid down, but everything was inside. We didn't use all the water by the end of the cruise so we told the cabin steward it was hers (we didn't want to drag it home) and she seemed pleased. Way cheaper then buying onboard

She was just been polite do not think she will be sending that home to feed the family . try money next time

She was just been polite do not think she will be sending that home to feed the family . try money next time

How about not trying to be judgemental next time?

Nobody said the water was left in Substitution of a tip.

I´ve left unused, sealed water bottles behind as well and I wouldn´t have tipped a penny more or less if there wouldn´t have been water to leave behind.

I don´t know how you can connect this to tipping.

We were on Empress on Nov 11, we bought a 24-packof water but were afraid the plastic wrapper was too flimsy for a luggage tag. So we stuffed the 24 bottles into a zippable beach bag we had (only water was inside, nothing else), put the luggage tag on that, received it a few hours later in the cabin, no issues.

This question gets asked a lot. Officially, you can't bring on water or soda. However, most CC members have been able to do so successfully. Just be prepared that you might get the cruise where they decide to enforce that rule.

I'll also add that the water on board the ship is processed to the same levels as bottled water. So it might be easier for you to bring bottles you can fill up and take with you rather than a big case of water.

As for checking it, lots of people do that. It isn't always the stewards bringing the luggage. They have a specific team that does it as well. Besides, a case of water is a lot lighter than some of the luggage I have seen people bring on board.

Edited by TBone2K