Drink choices on Liberty out of Galveston

sugcarol

On embarkation day are Boleros or Schooner Bar open? Is there anywhere to get a Mojito? I know there are only certain drinks that can be ordered because of Texas rules, but I don't know what they are.

All bars are open.

This is from Navigator when she was in Galveson, but should be similar for Liberty:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45457488&postcount=4

Thanks for the feedback, guess we can get a Mojito, so all is good.

You're welcome.

If you have a chance, and you see a document like I linked above, please take a photo and post it. I'm curious of any differences that Liberty might have.

One of our traditions is champagne at sail-away. You can't get it until international waters, so if it is important to you, take your own!

May not be French Champagne, but our experience is that there is some sort of sparking wine available.

On our Liberty back2back last month, be stopped at the store and brought our own. 2 bottles per cabin, but they check you at security and didn't ask for cabin numbers, so my wife and I both brought 2 bottles each. We just ignored each other at security.

Edited by fdthird

On our Liberty back2back last month, be stopped at the store and brought our own. 2 bottles per cabin, but they check you at security and didn't ask for cabin numbers, so my wife and I both brought 2 bottles each. We just ignored each other at security.

I wonder what would have happened if you'd been stopped? Would they confiscate 2 bottles? Or all of them since you "violated" a rule? Either way, you'd probably need a drink on board! :-)