Could YourTime Dining accommodate a party of 10?

adamt

My wife and I normally cruise alone. We've booked a large family cruise next June on the Splendor and I was wondering if anyone had ever had any experience doing Your Time dining with a large party, and if so, what was your experience?

I look forward to the responses.

Many Thanks,

Adam

yes but you need to go at lest 30 minutes before you want to be sat to put your name in. Its just like a busy restaurant on saturday night - you will have to wait for a table but they will get one for you.

Of course, but making a reservation would be a good idea. Just like in any restaurant, seating a large party is harder than 2-4 people.....if you make a reservation, they will be more prepared for your group.

when did they start letting people make reservations on carnival?

We had 11 in our family group. We went as soon as the MDR opened, and were seated without delay. I'm not sure if you could make a reservation--my understanding is that open seating dining is first come, first served when appropriate seating comes available.

We had 11 in our family group. We went as soon as the MDR opened, and were seated without delay. I'm not sure if you could make a reservation--my understanding is that open seating dining is first come, first served when appropriate seating comes available.

No reservations for your time dining has been our experience.

For that many people I would suggest you get there early, be prepared to wait, or choose a set dining time with linked reservations.

You might have great luck.

In any event I hope you have a great cruise.

My wife and I normally cruise alone. We've booked a large family cruise next June on the Splendor and I was wondering if anyone had ever had any experience doing Your Time dining with a large party, and if so, what was your experience?

Many Thanks,

Adam

Adam~we were a group of 10 people on the Glory a couple of weeks ago. We had no problem getting a table for 10 with Anytime dining...no waiting any night--including both elegant nights (which I was expecting a wait based on past cruises).

Of course, this might be out of the norm, but wanted you to know our experience.

Edited by michigyrl

so then what is the purpose of taking anytime time.

I think with a large party you should book traditional and get the same wait staff so they can get to know your likes and dislikes.

or go as soon as the dining room opens. THere are so few tables that seat 10 people

Many Thanks,

Adam

It's risky to take a large group for YTD because it's first come first seated. Reservations are not an option.

I think it's safe to assume that those who had no wait for their large party "lucked out" and there were no other large parties using YTD on that sailing.

I've seen larger groups be told the large tables just were seated - expect a wait of up to 2 hours. Even on a "regular" night.

Since there is no way to know what other large groups might be doing the same thing - you need to decide if your group will be willing to wait if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

yes but you need to go at lest 30 minutes before you want to be sat to put your name in. Its just like a busy restaurant on saturday night - you will have to wait for a table but they will get one for you.

I just got off a Carnival cruise and we were told that at least half of the party had to be there ready when putting your name in

so then what is the purpose of taking anytime time.

I think with a large party you should book traditional and get the same wait staff so they can get to know your likes and dislikes.

or go as soon as the dining room opens. THere are so few tables that seat 10 people

We booked anytime dining since we tend to skip the MDR most nights. No point in us having a large table reserved when odds were we wouldn't show up.