Reflection - S1 Sky Suite - Deck 12 Recommendations

jules815

Currently booked on a 10-day Reflection cruise for late 2017. (I'll also be on Reflection in April. :) ) My husband and I just did our first transatlantic, and would like to do another one in 2018. The December 2017 Reflection cruise is in a Signature Suite, and I'm thinking about switching to an S1, because the suite we currently have booked seems like more than we need. I'd also like to save the $$ for our 2018 cruise.

My question is, the forward S1's on deck 12 are close to the spa. Are we going to notice a lot of traffic in the hallway because of this, or is it separated somehow? I'll be in 2109 in April, so I'll find out then, but looking to make the change on the 2017 reservation now.

Available forward cabins I'm looking at are 2115 - 2121. (that entire block of rooms is available)

Then midship, 2159 - 2165 are available. Do the mid-ship S1's have the nicer tub/shower jets like the foreward S1's do? Were they once spa suites as well?

We really don't have a preference between forward or midship. Both are close to elevators, and the forward motion doesn't bother us. My husband actually likes it.

Any recommendations??

Edited by jules815

Hello!

I see we are both from Chicagoland area! Small world.

I could be completely wrong but from what I have read, it appears the deck 12 S1's on Reflection were the old aqua class suite cabins (I think) which means they all should have the jetted tubes and better shower.

We read some reviews about the cabins on the hump being noisy but we decided to book it for a 10 day Italy/Greece cruise in 2018. We booked 2160 and 2162. I did find a you tube video on cabin 2162 by a travel agent who books "affluent journeys.";)

The cabins with the most negative reviews were the ones right in the middle...cabins 2156 and 2158. I did read a few positive comments about the cabins we chose.

After thinking about this, these cabins may be a little more noisy on the 2 sea days. This cruise is port intensive and will be up early any way as most of the complaints had to do with early morning noises related to chairs moving and some late night party bands. DH barely hears his alarm clock and if I am exhausted, I sleep pretty soundly too.

Lastly, for a port intensive cruise, we really liked the location of these cabins and the fact they did not have as large an overhang as some of the other S1's and S2's.

Good luck!

Edited by H2OH!

Tagging on here, we booked 1665 but have since found out it's a partially obstructed view cabin (Penthouse deck corner aft S1). Are the S1s on the decks above and below it better and unobstructed?

If it's partially obstructed because of window-washing equipment then I wouldn't worry. Never sailed on Reflection so the cabin numbers are different from Equinox and Eclipse which we've sailed on 4 times each -- BUT we did have one of the S1s on Eclipse and it was the corner aft with window washing. It was a non-issue. It blocked some view if you looked straight down but it wasn't a big deal compared to the rest of the large clear view. Occasionally in the daylight hours there would be a little hum of the motor as it was working (washing windows) everywhere. But if that's your obstruction I wouldn't worry.

We will choose corner aft S1 every time.

If it's partially obstructed because of window-washing equipment then I wouldn't worry. Never sailed on Reflection so the cabin numbers are different from Equinox and Eclipse which we've sailed on 4 times each -- BUT we did have one of the S1s on Eclipse and it was the corner aft with window washing. It was a non-issue. It blocked some view if you looked straight down but it wasn't a big deal compared to the rest of the large clear view. Occasionally in the daylight hours there would be a little hum of the motor as it was working (washing windows) everywhere. But if that's your obstruction I wouldn't worry.

We will choose corner aft S1 every time.

Thanks! We emailed our TA and managed to change our cabin to the one directly below where we are sure there isn't any window washing equipment. :)

Hello!

I see we are both from Chicagoland area! Small world.

I could be completely wrong but from what I have read, it appears the deck 12 S1's on Reflection were the old aqua class suite cabins (I think) which means they all should have the jetted tubes and better shower.

We read some reviews about the cabins on the hump being noisy but we decided to book it for a 10 day Italy/Greece cruise in 2018. We booked 2160 and 2162. I did find a you tube video on cabin 2162 by a travel agent who books "affluent journeys.";)

The cabins with the most negative reviews were the ones right in the middle...cabins 2156 and 2158. I did read a few positive comments about the cabins we chose.

After thinking about this, these cabins may be a little more noisy on the 2 sea days. This cruise is port intensive and will be up early any way as most of the complaints had to do with early morning noises related to chairs moving and some late night party bands. DH barely hears his alarm clock and if I am exhausted, I sleep pretty soundly too.

Lastly, for a port intensive cruise, we really liked the location of these cabins and the fact they did not have as large an overhang as some of the other S1's and S2's.

Good luck!

We're in Cary. :)

I ended up changing from the Signature Suite we had booked to S1, 2115. Saved quite a bit of $$ and was able to keep all the perks, including the $600 obc. :D (I booked both of our 2017 Reflection cruises last March on Connie, which is why we got the added obc and other perks.) The Signature suite looks awesome, but we really don't need bar set up or that much room.

Just watched another video tour of an S1 on Reflection, and these really do look like very nice rooms, and definitely will be comfortable and spacious enough for my husband and I.

We had suite 2121 and it was quite. Just did not like been so far forward. When we were coming back from the Caribbean to Miami I felt a little under the weather from the being so far forward. We normally book high deck center aft and don't have any problems. I have never gotten sick. Only felt uneasy 2 time in over 30 cruises.

Tagging on here, we booked 1665 but have since found out it's a partially obstructed view cabin (Penthouse deck corner aft S1). Are the S1s on the decks above and below it better and unobstructed?

Yes...it has the Spider...window washing equipment....I found that too and booked one deck lower for April, 2018 and deck 12 for April,, 2017. I have heard about a little noise, but my DH is up early and sleeps like a rock. I love the S1 corner afts!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

Yes...it has the Spider...window washing equipment....I found that too and booked one deck lower for April, 2018 and deck 12 for April,, 2018. I have heard about a little noise, but my DH is up early and sleeps like a rock. I love the S1 corner afts!

That's good to know! I booked the deck lower. I had thought I had snared a piece of prime real estate given how the PH deck aft S1s were considered such on the other S-class ships and then went into mini panic mode when I realised otherwise :roll eyes:

It will be our first time in an S1 so we are looking forward to it. We are in an RS for the next CEL cruise (upgraded at a decent price after final payment) but think the S1/S2s will be where we are likely to cruise given our needs.

We're in Cary. :)

We are close by...we are in the Dundee/sleepy hollow area :)

We have our first Sig Suite in January...4111 so will compare to the SS1 and SS2, CS and RS on solstice class ships. We've been making our way through the suite class:D

Happy Sailing

That's good to know! I booked the deck lower. I had thought I had snared a piece of prime real estate given how the PH deck aft S1s were considered such on the other S-class ships and then went into mini panic mode when I realised otherwise :roll eyes:

It will be our first time in an S1 so we are looking forward to it. We are in an RS for the next CEL cruise (upgraded at a decent price after final payment) but think the S1/S2s will be where we are likely to cruise given our needs.

I love that deck to and can't believe the spider is kept there...must be a reason, but????

Great...glad you were able to change...obstruction bothers some. yet others are just fine with it. Hope you enjoy your S1 corner aft as much as we do...the poles don't bother us at all, but again, they do bother others.:cool:

Edited by Lastdance