1 day for Diamond Plus!

blkjac

Not taking sides as I love these debates....

But you did say, although you know the rules....

"Going to talk to concierge anyhow"

It does sorta imply you know the rules but plan to try to go around them anyway. Just say'n

Troykahack, If the Concierge says that it is not possible then i simply say thank you for your time and walk away. No harm no foul. I always have a wonderful time onboard and will enjoy my first New Years cruise. I'll just wait for my March cruise on the Oasis to move up to D + and enjoy the benefits.

The really funny thing is I posted this as a joke because my wife is a "Rule Follower" and wanted to get her response. Instead I get a reply "It's folks like me who ruin it for everyone" That person must be very lonely being the Judge, Jury and Executioner

"Savages" - wow. I didn't realize how precious DL and CL exclusivity are to some people.

I'll make sure to turn off all the lights in my stateroom before leaving for dinner lest I be branded a "savage". :rolleyes:

That is a general statement on society as a whole.

I don't recall turning off your stateroom lights is a 'rule'. Can you post the statute on that. I'll make sure to comply. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to get into the debate of whether or not you will be able to go - or should be able to go - to the Concierge Lounge, but will ask the question as to why it would matter?

IMO the Diamond Club on that ship class is certainly as nice or nicer than the Concierge Club, and they both offer exactly the same benefits. And as Diamond, you also have the 3 drink coupons loaded each day on your SeaPass card for other venues. IMO I don't think you would be missing anything by not going to the CL.

leaveitallbehind: I agree they both offer the same benefits. It really depends on how crowded the D lounge is on that particular cruise.

If i have one or two drinks a night that is plenty for me and my wife does not drink at all.

That is a general statement on society as a whole.

I don't recall turning off your stateroom lights is a 'rule'. Can you post the statute on that. I'll make sure to comply. :rolleyes:

Haven't cruised on the Harmony yet, have we? :rolleyes:

And what difference does "being with" a diamond member? :confused:

I would think that if you are both are staying in the same cabin and the mere fact that it's your wife would allow you to bring her into the D Lounge. All you need is one card to open the door. And I cannot believe that and D Lounge attendant would object.

Not taking sides as I love these debates....

But you did say, although you know the rules....

"Going to talk to concierge anyhow"

It does sorta imply you know the rules but plan to try to go around them anyway. Just say'n

Troykahack, If the Concierge says that it is not possible then i simply say thank you for your time and walk away. No harm no foul. I always have a wonderful time onboard and will enjoy my first New Years cruise. I'll just wait for my March cruise on the Oasis to move up to D + and enjoy the benefits.

The really funny thing is I posted this as a joke because my wife is a "Rule Follower" and wanted to get her response. Instead I get a reply "It's folks like me who ruin it for everyone" That person must be very lonely being the Judge, Jury and Executioner

I'll relate what happen on the cruise we turned D+.

We were doing B2B cruises on Navigator after which we were to spend some time in Florida with friends at their condo. Just before our B2B cruises our friends decided to go on a last minute cruise but we couldn't joined them because our second cruise ended the day after their cruise left. We originally planned to just stay by ourselves for six nights until their cruise returned.

As it turned out we ended up booking a third consecutive cruise while onboard the first cruise since that gave us just enough credits for D+ status. At the beginning of the third cruise we booked our over the top Oz cruise which we were hoping to do. I happen to mention to the future cruise booking manger we did this booking with, who was also the Loyalty Ambassador, that we would have D+ status for the next one as the cruise we were currently on gave us enough credits for that.

She then said since that was the case she would upgrade us to D+ immediately so we would have it for the cruise we were currently on and issued us new Seapass cards showing that status. We didn't use the Concierge Lounge much as the Diamond lounge on Navigator is much nicer and we were with two other couples who had D status only. We had a look at it that day, met the concierge who sent us a welcome/D+ benefits letter when she heard what had just happen and we went in a few times for specialty coffees when it was more convenient to do so that going to the DL on deck 14. We also took advantage of a free laundry bag as we weren't expecting to be on for B2B2B cruises.

The LA also knew the rules but went around them, maybe because we had just booked two cruises onboard for a total of 23 nights.

Just say'n. :D

Edited by robtulipe

So if Royal sent you guys an email asking you to board by deck, she would follow the instructions and you would ignore? LOL

We were doing B2B cruises on Navigator after which we were to spend some time in Florida with friends at their condo. Just before our B2B cruises our friends decided to go on a last minute cruise but we couldn't joined them because our second cruise ended the day after their cruise left. We originally planned to just stay by ourselves for six nights until their cruise returned.

As it turned out we ended up booking a third consecutive cruise while onboard the first cruise since that gave us just enough credits for D+ status. At the beginning of the third cruise we booked our over the top Oz cruise which we were hoping to do. I happen to mention to the future cruise booking manger we did this booking with, who was also the Loyalty Ambassador, that we would have D+ status for the next one as the cruise we were currently on gave us enough credits for that.

She then said since that was the case she would upgrade us to D+ immediately so we would have it for the cruise we were currently on and issued us new Seapass cards showing that status. We didn't use the Concierge Lounge much as the Diamond lounge on Navigator is much nicer and we were with two other couples who had D status only. We had a look at it that day, met the concierge who sent us a welcome/D+ benefits letter when she heard what had just happen and we went in a few times for specialty coffees when it was more convenient to do so that going to the DL on deck 14. We also took advantage of a free laundry bag as we weren't expecting to be on for B2B2B cruises.

The LA also knew the rules but went around them, maybe because we had just booked two cruises onboard for a total of 23 nights.

Yes, NEXT CRUISE may from times bend the rules for Status. They did for us too... but it wasn't a milestone as nice a D+. You did nothing wrong in my mind, they offered it and probably gave you the D+ discounts for it.

We booked 9 JS's for Oasis while onboard Freedom last year. You know what I got....

....the cabin I wanted. And I was happy. ;)

The FCC stayed up on release night to get us the same cabin for all the trips. :D

What I don't like is this selective upgrading of status. Can anyone tell me why the LA should upgrade one person and not another? If they are going to to this they should just change the policy and recognize your points as you earn them not upgrade some one because the LA likes them or they bought a future cruise.

Diamond's are exempt from that request. I thought we went over that yesterday? :confused:

It was a sarcastic joke.... Butterfish

Nobody is willing to answer that question.... I know they are exempt. But I still say that many that call for prohibiting shorts in the MDR, will say to ignore the other requests. I do believe that many D and above, who say no shorts in the MDR, also say to ignore the "ask" by Royal to board by deck number.

So if Royal sent you guys an email asking you to board by deck, she would follow the instructions and you would ignore? LOL

I know you directed this at the OP but I'll give my thoughts on this.

On that over the top Oz cruise we booked on Navigator in my post above we travelled for 22 hours overnight to Sydney, NSW arriving at around 8am Sydney time. We got such an email just before our cruise as their was construction going on at the Overseas cruise terminal and space was limited. Since we were in an OV cabin on a lower deck it requested that we board later in the afternoon as the boarding priority RCI wanted was from the top deck down.

We took the train from the airport down to the port and got there around 10am. Were we going to wait outside the cruise terminal until the time RCI wanted us to board, four hours later, which in our situation would have been a hardship as we weren't local nor had a hotel to stay at in. One of the benefits our status gave us was priority embarkation which would have allowed us part of the first group to board. Guess what we were one of the first to board. What would you have done in this situation?

Yes I know that the fine print for that C&A benefit states "Subject to availability". :D

I know you directed this at the OP but I'll give my thoughts on this.

On that over the top Oz cruise we booked on Navigator in my post above we travelled for 22 hours overnight to Sydney, NSW arriving at around 8am Sydney time. We got such an email just before our cruise as their was construction going on at the Overseas cruise terminal and space was limited. Since we were in an OV cabin on a lower deck it requested that we board later in the afternoon as the boarding priority RCI wanted was from the top deck down.

We took the train from the airport down to the port and got there around 10am. Were we going to wait outside the cruise terminal until the time RCI wanted us to board, four hours later, which in our situation would have been a hardship as we weren't local nor had a hotel to stay at in. One of the benefits our status gave us was priority embarkation which would have allowed us part of the first group to board. Guess what we were one of the first to board. What would you have done in this situation?

Yes I know that the fine print for that C&A benefit states "Subject to availability". :D

Well, your D or above I believe and as far as all say, it doesn't apply to you. (although there is a difference between check-in and boarding but that is a debate for another day). The benifit says Priority Checkin, it doesn't say boarding, and it does contain a caveat, if available.

i really don't think it is practical to enforce the request. Too many travelers by air.

But, for everyone else to just say ignore..... and say no shorts in MDR... just don't understand the difference

Edited by troykahack

As a Matter of Fact I'm not lonely at all! So lets get the straight...

You logged on and posted as your wife?!

Your "Wife" gets called out and the you post as yourself... And again you BLATANTLY said you know the rules and basically could care less!! So why even bother posting the question if you are going to do what you want anyways?

And yes!!! it's people like YOU that ruin it for everyone.

#justsaying

No, but are you referring to the key in the light switch? The new cabins on Freedom have them. Very European.

7218bb0ce5425b35bfd628bec4277a14.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I first saw this energy-saving system in Hong Kong, early 1990's. :rolleyes:

What I don't like is this selective upgrading of status. Can anyone tell me why the LA should upgrade one person and not another? If they are going to to this they should just change the policy and recognize your points as you earn them not upgrade some one because the LA likes them or they bought a future cruise.

Now, wouldn't that make sense? Recognize the points as soon as they are attained. Consistent policy applied across the board. :eek:

Edited by travelgoddess1

It was a sarcastic joke.... Butterfish

Nobody is willing to answer that question.... I know they are exempt. But I still say that many that call for prohibiting shorts in the MDR, will say to ignore the other requests. I do believe that many D and above, who say no shorts in the MDR, also say to ignore the "ask" by Royal to board by deck number.

I know what you mean, if you look at past posts I have always indicated that if Royal thinks they can make boarding easier I feel we should try and comply.

That being said, it is a burden on people who are not local due to flights and hotel departures. I think Royals Air2Sea customers are also exempt.

I first saw this energy-saving system in Hong Kong, early 1990's. :rolleyes:

Hong Kong was British back then. ;)

I've never been to Asia, pretty much just Spain and Italy as far as hotels go. :o

But I'm still relatively young. :D

I do remember these, though. :eek:

3187512467_d2dd1fe267.jpg

FWIW, any card in the slot makes them work, even the make up room and do not disturb. At least on Freedom.

Edited by John&LaLa

We booked 9 JS's for Oasis while onboard Freedom last year. You know what I got....

....the cabin I wanted. And I was happy. ;)

The FCC stayed up on release night to get us the same cabin for all the trips. :D

Which did you decide was your favorite cabin location area?

I wanted starboard side (watching the action at the docks) but ended up with

port side....but at least got a dead center hump JS for the little bit of extra room

on the balcony. ;)

Edited by island lady