1 day for Diamond Plus!

blkjac

Now, wouldn't that make sense? Recognize the points as soon as they are attained. Consistent policy applied across the board. :eek:

I agree.

Not that it means anything but we are three points from platinum, and we will get that almost halfway through our upcoming cruise. I don't think there are perks to expect but how nice would it be to be officially the new level while on that cruise? Just something fun. Why do they make us wait? It's silly.

I know what you mean, if you look at past posts I have always indicated that if Royal thinks they can make boarding easier I feel we should try and comply.

That being said, it is a burden on people who are not local due to flights and hotel departures. I think Royals Air2Sea customers are also exempt.

John,

I completely missed the post. Couldn't agree with you more.

Our only debate now, is there a difference between check in and boarding??

Which did you decide was your favorite cabin location area?

I wanted starboard side (watching the action at the docks) but ended up with

port side....but at least got a dead center hump JS for the little bit of extra room

on the balcony. ;)

8240, center hump JS, non connecting. Bob said deck 8 was best. It is also near the elevator that goes to DL and CK. :D

8640 is the same cabin on the other side. We have that one for May, it was added after the initial bookings. :o

I sure hope we like our cabin steward, he'll probably wonder why we never leave. ;)

Edited by John&LaLa

I agree.

Not that it means anything but we are three points from platinum, and we will get that almost halfway through our upcoming cruise. I don't think there are perks to expect but how nice would it be to be officially the new level while on that cruise? Just something fun. Why do they make us wait? It's silly.

Get your. Pins early

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROYAL-CARIBBEAN-Cruise-Lines-Lapel-Pin-PLATINUM-STATUS-CROWN-ANCHOR-SOCIETY-/232157271975?hash=item360da6d7a7:g:0DMAAOSw-CpX-YX9

I agree.

It must mean something to you as you said " Why do they make us wait? It's silly". Remember close enough only counts when throwing horseshoes and grenades.

I bought most of the D+ to give away on Allure next month to the bartenders ... they cherish those pins in the CL. My guy, who is local, is looking for PC pins. I think he has an in with Royal at PC.

So, you believe they are one in the same?

With the exception of the tent, don't they have nice areas for D and above to hang out until boarding???

T1 in Canaveral has a lovely facility. I've never used it because we never arrive before noon.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

So, you believe they are one in the same?

With the exception of the tent, don't they have nice areas for D and above to hang out until boarding???

Not for any of the 15 cruises we've booked with RCI since we became Diamond. The only advantage has been priority check in and boarding, which for us has always been both together, so we get to leave the common waiting area sooner than the lower status folks.

There is onboard the ship for disembarkation which may be what you are thinking of. :rolleyes:

Edited by robtulipe

T1 in Canaveral has a lovely facility. I've never used it because we never arrive before noon.

Yes, Canaveral's T1 is nice but there's no separate room or hall I know of exclusively for Diamonds and above. There is just a common area that may have sections for the different C&A status folks which aids in boarding by group when embarkation first starts.

PORT-CANAVERAL-CT1-580-1.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Yes, Canaveral's T1 is nice but there's no separate room or hall I know of exclusively for Diamonds and above. There is just a common area that may have sections for the different C&A status folks which aids in boarding by group when embarkation first starts.

PORT-CANAVERAL-CT1-580-1.jpg

I was under the impression that the area in your picture is the waiting area for suites and upper level C&A. The rest sit in the blue chairs.

Maybe it's D+ and up

Edited by John&LaLa

As a Matter of Fact I'm not lonely at all! So lets get the straight...

You logged on and posted as your wife?!

Your "Wife" gets called out and the you post as yourself... And again you BLATANTLY said you know the rules and basically could care less!! So why even bother posting the question if you are going to do what you want anyways?

And yes!!! it's people like YOU that ruin it for everyone.

#justsaying

Malagich: Let's get this STRAIGHT!

The post was under MYNAME!!! not my wife! What do you mean by

"Your wife gets called out"

And I never said , I could care less. That's your words not mine.

I said I would ask -- not demand just ask.

I am really sorry that you got your bowels in a uproar!!

Next time you see a post that upsets you

You should just ignore it!!

Please ( see I'm being nice) tell me. What am I ruining for everyone ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Lots of things seem ship dependent, no worries. We have trips scheduled right after our ascension to PC. I'll have plenty of opportunities to find out what the practice on Oasis is.

it's a shame the whole Pinnacle presentation is so inconsistent. Laura scheduled a cruise to join friends for their PC cruise, and we have friends doing the same for ours.

My husband and I became Pinnacle on Oasis, in Oct! The only thing we got, was a free dinner at any restaurant! No gold card, no SL access ( we could go, because we knew the concierge, but we didn't) and a bottle of champagne! The ceremony is at the aqua theater, pics with the Captain, during the high tier party!

Ohhh, and lunch at Giovanni's with the Captain, at the Pinnacle lunch!

Just got our badges, passport holders, luggage tags!

Couple weeks earlier, we got the "tower" and the certificate for the free cruise!!!!

Congrats on reaching Pinnacle status! Enjoy!!!!

Franca

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was under the impression that the area in your picture is the waiting area for suites and upper level C&A. The rest sit in the blue chairs.

Maybe it's D+ and up

I'll report back on Sunday if it has changed with Oasis.

I know with Freedom it was Diamond and above, plus Suites.

In Ft. Lauderdale it was only Suites and Pinnacles.

With the upper tiers having assigned rows. Think Golds and first timers were in a diffrent area/other side in Ft. Lauderdale.

I'll report back on Sunday if it has changed with Oasis.

I know with Freedom it was Diamond and above, plus Suites.

In Ft. Lauderdale it was only Suites and Pinnacles.

With the upper tiers having assigned rows. Think Golds and first timers were in a diffrent area/other side in Ft. Lauderdale.

When we used the new terminal in Canaveral sailing on Explorer (2015) and Freedom (2016), the section shown in the photo was for Gold card holders only.

My husband and I became Pinnacle on Oasis, in Oct! The only thing we got, was a free dinner at any restaurant! No gold card, no SL access ( we could go, because we knew the concierge, but we didn't) and a bottle of champagne! The ceremony is at the aqua theater, pics with the Captain, during the high tier party!

Ohhh, and lunch at Giovanni's with the Captain, at the Pinnacle lunch!

Just got our badges, passport holders, luggage tags!

Couple weeks earlier, we got the "tower" and the certificate for the free cruise!!!!

Congrats on reaching Pinnacle status! Enjoy!!!!

Franca

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I need to give C&A a call -- we have not received our "tower" and certificate yet. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Hello!

That being said... My next cruise on Harmony my husband I and are staying in a GS. We are afforded Suite Class Perks such as the Suite Lounge and Barefoot Beach Cabana Club. If you were on the same cruise should you be allowed to take advantage of the perks I receive if you are not staying in a Suite?

P S

FYI--I would never ever think that I should be entitled to any of that.

Just Saying!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by blkjac

8240, center hump JS, non connecting. Bob said deck 8 was best. It is also near the elevator that goes to DL and CK.

8640 is the same cabin on the other side. We have that one for May, it was added after the initial bookings. :o

I sure hope we like our cabin steward, he'll probably wonder why we never leave. ;)

Yeah, you will be "living" with that cabin attendant for some time. Y'all better like

each other for sure. :p

Ditto to totally disliking connecting cabins. Can hear everything through the door

from the next cabin and lose space where the door is. (Couch to chair on most

ships. :().

I picked JS #11236 which is port side (prefer starboard..but oh well), dead center

hump. Wanted that deck since we can pop into the DL pretty easily from there.

Easier to carry a couple of morning coffees back to Bucky the sleeping beauty also. ;)

Though RCI won't have to twist my arm should the upgrade fairy choose to pay us a

visit. :D

Yeah, same thing with us also. Never needed to even sit down when

cruising out of PC...we are always boarding right after check in. Easy

Peasy!! :D

Now FLL??? Hah...should take a lunch there with all the wait sitting we do. And

Tampa can be just as bad also...but more waiting in line than sitting. Will find

out tomorrow morning. ;)